Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've used Lexol cleaner and the conditioner exclusively on our Sovereign Hide leather in our Volvo. We had the grey leather with white piping and would get blue jean stains mostly noticeable on the piping, but also on the grey panels. I like Lexol very much, and it conditions the leather beautifully. Even seemed to bring back the natural leather smell. After 98,000 miles, it had a nice worn look, but no cracks, peels or other deformities. I plan to use it in the F Pace.
Makes a big difference for sure hen you actually treat the leather

I use chemical guys products ... they are really good ... they have a cleaner and a kinda wax

·
Registered
32 Posts
Luxtek Seat Wear / Crease / Tearing

I am very very careful with the interior of my cars. Every time I return a lease (the F-Pace is my 6th) they always comment on how the interior looks new after 3 years. My drivers bolster is developing a crease / tear that I am afraid will eventually rip. Have never had another vehicle (not since I was 16 lol) that has had this issue. What can I do? Warranty?

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would think with their bumper to bumper 5 year warranty it should be. But they may say...oh thats normal wear and tear.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have no experience with Luxtek but would assume that that is NOT the result of normal wear and tear. I would take it to the dealer and request that it be repaired to your satisfaction or replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
There is a service bulletin on the white seats. The martial used was too thin. I had both of my front seats replaced. It took a bit long than expected since JLR sent two left seats the first time.

Here is the information you need so your dealer can look this up.

JTB00591NAS1 front seat bolster wear - light oyster

Good luck let me know when they are replaced.

DP

Reactions: PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
50 Posts
Luxtek Seat Wear / Crease / Tearing

I am very very careful with the interior of my cars. Every time I return a lease (the F-Pace is my 6th) they always comment on how the interior looks new after 3 years. My drivers bolster is developing a crease / tear that I am afraid will eventually rip. Have never had another vehicle (not since I was 16 lol) that has had this issue. What can I do? Warranty?

How many miles do you have? I also have the latte luxtek seats and have had no problems so far. I'm 22k miles on a MY2017

·
Registered
116 Posts
One year, and my seat is cracking. I went to the dealer, and they say it is a rip, even though it is the top layer only, you can't put your finger thru it. It is on the drivers seat, bottom, next to the door.
They say they will fix it for cost, but I have to drop the car off for the day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,214 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I would say if it were a rip there would be a puncture point and that does not seem to be apparent.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ok, i've done a bit of searching around the forums, and came upon a few threads about the creasing of the leather in the seats. But they are all pretty old (looks like all them refer to the 2016 vehicle). I have the 2018 and the following pics show what I am seeing.

This has been there pretty much since I picked it up new (though I didn't notice it right the, so can't say for sure). I really noticed it after I got done with all my "sweet car!" feelings and started looking at what could be better. Of course, I didn't do anything for awhile, and then I figured when it went in for it's 1 year maintenance I'd mention it and see if they could do something.

Then, we took it it in recently for other issues and I pointed it out to them. They told my wife flat out "that's wear and tear". When she told me I thought ... uh, no. That's crappy and it isn't present anywhere else in the car and I've never seen it in another car. So came here and did the search and saw that maybe I'm wrong. And it isn't nearly as bad as it could be.

This is ONLY on the bolster on the left side of the drivers seat. Which is another reason it tends to "pop" to me.

It's going back in a few months again (for it's actual yearly service) and I want to know if I should really press them on this or not. And I guess I'll take the general consensus from this forum as to what to do; since strength in numbers and all (no, i'm not trying to reference the GSW motto). I hate complaining to anyone about thing that are normal/ok; so as to save those complaints for stuff that definitely is NOT normal.

So any help or advice or even experiences would be great. And even a "yea, i'd complain" or "no, that's not bad" is welcome. I'd start a poll if I could :)

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done. My driver's seat looks identical to yours. Strangely enough, only the outside bolster looks like this. My ass is not large, I am a big guy at over 6 feet and 200 pounds but by no means 'fat' and by no means a 'fat ass' lol.

Brought it up to my service manager and he said because of the driver's seats, especially in the S, are designed to hug the driver the bolsters are more likely to get these creases. Some drivers seats are more plush and flat to the cushion, these have huge thigh bolsters to hold you during tight turns so I guess it makes sense. Still annoying to look at though.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I see the creases; but if the photos had been presented alone and with no backstory, I would have thought merely "yep, someone posted some photos of a seat" and thought nothing more except for maybe noting that the color was different than that of my seats. In other words, I don't see anything wrong.

Not that I want creases in my own seats and I try to be careful! But I understand that, if I use them, they might get creases.

For grins and to see if there was such a thing as crease-resistant, or if anyone warranted seats as crease-resistant, I Googled "crease-resistant leather seats" and several DIY links came up for removing creases and wrinkles in leather.

·
Registered
933 Posts
It's a known "defect" for many S seats. But I think you're likely out of luck since Jaguar considers it normal wear and tear.

I objected to the driver's seat of my car at delivery (with like 10 miles on it) because the outside bolster was all creased up. Neither the dealership nor some regional cat who was in town at the time budged, so I caved and accepted delivery. Two years later and it's worse but not by very much.

You'll get used to it after a while and possibly distracted by other problems with the car so it won't bother you as much.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
You'll get used to it after a while and possibly distracted by other problems with the car so it won't bother you as much.

Don't you think he may also get distracted by the *PERFORMANCE & HANDLING* ,
and by all the *RUBBER NECKERS trying to get a second GLANCE* ,
or all the *COMPLIMENTS , of a BEAUTIFUL vehicle* !!!;)>:)0:)

I really can't see how a CREASE in the Seat , can OVERPOWER those things !!!:D

Just sayin' !!!0:)

Reactions: tmoreno and mkauffm

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
This is somewhat typical for seats that "hold you in place". When getting into my Corvette or my NX they have similar high bolsters and if when you get in and you don't wiggle your self into place you find that you are not cradled properly in the center of the seat and applying pressure on the outer bolster. You need to center your self. A little wiggle will usually get you in there right. Another issue is how you approach that outer bolster. Many sit on the bolster edge which sort of forces some of the creases. sliding over the bolster and positioning yourself usually works. Worked for me.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Also, not to be fresh here (;)) but the larger the caboose the more creases I would assume haha.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
This happens because this is where you egress the vehicle and swing your leg out. It's less to do with size as much as that's where the ingress and egress body pressure is when you enter/exit the vehicle. Pretty sure you can't enter/exit the vehicle without putting pressure on that side bolster.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks all! I appreciate the feedback. I wasn't sure, and I'm glad that I got this info because otherwise I would have gone in with the wrong attitude (ie: why won't you fix this?!?!).

Now I won't even bother to ask about it and save myself (and them) some potential negative back and forth.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
389 Posts
Reactions: cbrehman

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you want my opinion, that's totally normal. I wouldn't think anything of that. Leather is unique in how it pulls one way or another. I just bought 2 brand new leather couches and there's way worse creasing than that. And the second you kick up the recliner footrests the creasing gets much worse - but I could care less. It just looks normal of how leather is going to look when it's not perfectly stretched across a base. It's not a drum, it's a seat and it has some real curvilinear crazy angles it has to go to make it a seat. I've seen MUCH worse than that. Wouldn't give it a thought. I've seen man-made materials do that because of those unusual curves it has to go in that spot. My 2 cents.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts