Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having an issue with their leather seats? I have an 2017 R Sport with 2500 miles and take a look at my driver seat. I am 5'11" and weigh only 175lbs so I can't imagine why this seat should look like this. Any other issues out there?

Attachments

Reactions: Charlotte Peckham

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not saying the seats should do this, but that looks a lot like the size and shape of a rear-pocket wallet. Perhaps the extract pressure in that specific area is wearing the seat a little faster?

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have a similar issue with my S seats, but more in the middle of the seat and not quite as pronounced (yet). It's most noticeable after just getting out of the seat. The cushion does seem to regain its shape (leaving less of an indent) after a while of getting out of the seat I don't wear a wallet in my back pocket, but if you do, it might be contributing to it.

Also, I have the exact same wrinkling on my side bolsters as you have. In fact, the car (with 15 miles) was delivered to me like that. I questioned the dealer. A few people in management at the dealership reviewed and concluded it was normal. My response was: "Normal? For 15 miles? What's it going to look like after 15,000 miles?" However, I decided to accept delivery anyway. Also, for whatever it's worth, a pamphlet on the leather was included with my car from Jaguar, which did mention something about it being normal for the natural leather to develop some lines/wrinkling.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Anyone having an issue with their leather seats? I have an 2017 R Sport with 2500 miles and take a look at my driver seat. I am 5'11" and weigh only 175lbs so I can't imagine why this seat should look like this. Any other issues out there?
Looks identical to mine, I have a little more creasing on the lower seat bolsters as well. Terrible quality leather. My Lexus GS never looked this bad after three years let alone a few months.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never keep my wallet in my back pocket. My pockets are always empty

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a similar issue with my S seats, but more in the middle of the seat and not quite as pronounced (yet). It's most noticeable after just getting out of the seat. The cushion does seem to regain its shape (leaving less of an indent) after a while of getting out of the seat I don't wear a wallet in my back pocket, but if you do, it might be contributing to it.

Also, I have the exact same wrinkling on my side bolsters as you have. In fact, the car (with 15 miles) was delivered to me like that. I questioned the dealer. A few people in management at the dealership reviewed and concluded it was normal. My response was: "Normal? For 15 miles? What's it going to look like after 15,000 miles?" However, I decided to accept delivery anyway. Also, for whatever it's worth, a pamphlet on the leather was included with my car from Jaguar, which did mention something about it being normal for the natural leather to develop some lines/wrinkling.
Nope, never have a wallet in my back pocket. It pretty much stays the same

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Lines and a bit of wrinkling I understand but this is not normal. I have not had the dealer look at this yet but I can't imagine this is normal.

·
Registered
545 Posts
There was a very early buyer who said his seats wore terribly after a short time. Can't remember name. This is a bit concerning since I am 6-3 and 240. However wallet never in back pocket

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I have an FE and I believe the leather on my seats is a little different. I have some very light wrinkling on the outside bolster of the driver seat, but nothing I would complain about. I'm at 6500 miles. However, since I have the white color interior, and I often drive it wearing denim, I'm finding the same outside bolster that I slide over to get in is showing a light color blue. I've had to clean it several times already. The good thing is that the color is coming off with the leather cleaner.

I would agree with 2500 miles you seats shouldn't look like that.

Reactions: J-Cat

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have an FE and I believe the leather on my seats is a little different. I have some very light wrinkling on the outside bolster of the driver seat, but nothing I would complain about. I'm at 6500 miles. However, since I have the white color interior, and I often drive it wearing denim, I'm finding the same outside bolster that I slide over to get in is showing a light color blue. I've had to clean it several times already. The good thing is that the color is coming off with the leather cleaner.

I would agree with 2500 miles you seats shouldn't look like that.
I had that happen on a Mercedes I owned a few years ago. The leather was tan and every time I wore jeans they would turn blue. Sure it comes off but it was annoying. I almost purchased the F Pace with the navy / white but avoided it for this reason.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine looks just like the picture in the middle and side bolster. The front portion of the seat is worse. If i just press the seat with my fingers w/o much force it will form a dimple and stay there. My Mazda 3 (20K car) with perforated leather seats looked much better after 11 years of use. My service department acknowledges the problem, but unfortunately there isn't a replacement part available for them to replace the seat cushion. I plan on checking with them in a month or so.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm 180lbs and am not experiencing any major wear on my Oyster R-Sport seats and am up to 9K miles. FWIW, I do not have cooled seats rarely use the heat option.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm 180lbs and am not experiencing any major wear on my Oyster R-Sport seats and am up to 9K miles. FWIW, I do not have cooled seats rarely use the heat option.
That's a good point since mine has the cooling / heated seats which I use often. I could only imagine what this seat will look like a year from now.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Speaking of leather, I wanted to mentioned that I purchased Griot's Leather Care Spray and used it on my FP about two weeks ago. It lightly cleans, conditions, and is very easy to use. Most importantly, it dries clear and doesn't leave a shiny residue like many leather sprays do. And it works perfectly on the perforated seats - doesn't clog the holes. I've used quite a few spray cleaners in the past, including a 2-in-1 product from Chemical Guys, but this is by far the best spray product I have ever used. I used it on the steering wheel with good results as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have bought since 2008 2 XF Saloons , 2 XF Sportbrakes and now the F Pace and I regret to say that the quality of the leather on the seats has got progressively worse.There is no "leather" smell any longer like I still have on my 1965 Jaguar MK2 and the leather is creasing already on my F Pace after 5 months and 6000 miles. Jaguar cars are now being built down to a price and interior quality is not a feature any longer.
I have already rejected my F Pace as not being fit for purpose with mechanical issues and I am awaiting delivery of the replacement so I am not persueing the leather quality issue and waiting to see if the next one is any better. Quality issues are typical when accountants run companies.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I have bought since 2008 2 XF Saloons , 2 XF Sportbrakes and now the F Pace and I regret to say that the quality of the leather on the seats has got progressively worse.There is no "leather" smell any longer like I still have on my 1965 Jaguar MK2 and the leather is creasing already on my F Pace after 5 months and 6000 miles. Jaguar cars are now being built down to a price and interior quality is not a feature any longer.
I have already rejected my F Pace as not being fit for purpose with mechanical issues and I am awaiting delivery of the replacement so I am not persueing the leather quality issue and waiting to see if the next one is any better. Quality issues are typical when accountants run companies.
Well, the hole on the side of my driver's seat cushion is the only complaint I have left about the F-Pace. Everything else was fixed. This car is a dream. It's a sport sedan that sits up high and can do light off-roading. And it is beautiful.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Speaking of leather, I wanted to mentioned that I purchased Griot's Leather Care Spray and used it on my FP about two weeks ago. It lightly cleans, conditions, and is very easy to use. Most importantly, it dries clear and doesn't leave a shiny residue like many leather sprays do. And it works perfectly on the perforated seats - doesn't clog the holes. I've used quite a few spray cleaners in the past, including a 2-in-1 product from Chemical Guys, but this is by far the best spray product I have ever used. I used it on the steering wheel with good results as well.
I second the endorsement for Griots. Works great, even on steering wheel, and is super easy to use. I use the lotion from the bottle vice the spray, FWIW.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My wife took her's in for wrinkled/deformed leather. Our trusted service manager told me this is a very sensitive issue with Jaguar and all but impossible to get them to agree to replace the skin. Sounded like he has tried and failed a number of times. He is a very honest guy. My take is this is just poor quality leather.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts