Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
At least the Germans and Japanese aren't talked about for having used shi**y materials in their cars. ...
Do a little searching on C-Class leather issues ...chalky residue....I'm sure those owners talk about it aplenty.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Do a little searching on C-Class leather issues ...chalky residue....I'm sure those owners talk about it aplenty.
I said 60k... so Im referring to GLE, RX, X5. E-class, GS, 5 series. Of course on the cheaper models you are going to have cheaper materials, and from what I've read the C-class leather issues is a one off for MB. Anyway I originally was talking about Lexus and I still believe the materials in their cars are top notch. Whether you like the technology, or you think its boring has nothing to do with how great the materials are.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Okay, I have heard enough, thanks to this excellent forum. I love, love, love, Ian's design, but I will prob go with the Macan. Even if Porsche is really a VW product now.

A coworker let me drive his 911 manual some seven years ago, and the stick shift felt like a knife thru butter. As in the best I ever felt. And when I got back in my Subaru WRX STi (a good car in its own right), my brake pedal felt like weak pot metal in comparison.

The F-Pace has too many reported issues. I am sad to say that I think the Jaguar brand, after failing and being sold to Ford, then failing and being sold to Tata, will never be what it once was. I hope I am wrong.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Okay, I have heard enough, thanks to this excellent forum. I love, love, love, Ian's design, but I will prob go with the Macan. Even if Porsche is really a VW product now.

A coworker let me drive his 911 manual some seven years ago, and the stick shift felt like a knife thru butter. As in the best I ever felt. And when I got back in my Subaru WRX STi (a good car in its own right), my brake pedal felt like weak pot metal in comparison.

The F-Pace has too many reported issues. I am sad to say that I think the Jaguar brand, after failing and being sold to Ford, then failing and being sold to Tata, will never be what it once was. I hope I am wrong.
It's funny how everything goes. I met a guy at the gas station the other day that had a Macan and he said he wished he would have gotten the FP. I didn't have the time to chat with him to find out the reasons.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
It's funny how everything goes. I met a guy at the gas station the other day that had a Macan and he said he wished he would have gotten the FP. I didn't have the time to chat with him to find out the reasons.
Funny how that goes but as a Porsche owner, and an F Pace owner, I wish I would have went with the Macan S. I really like the Jaguar, even with the plethora of issues, but I love the Porsche without one issue. Perhaps my feelings will change over time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Macan is a solid choice and should bring you many smiles especially if you opt for some of the pricier options and accessories. However as a previous 1st gen Cayenne owner, which was chock full of performance and tuning issues, I wouldn't be so quick to write off Jaguar's reliability based off of a few complaints on a forum. After 12K miles my R-Sport was only in the shop twice for the two main recalls (isolators and ICTP). I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone interested in driving something fun, different, and visually stunning for around $60K. I wish you the best of luck, but would appreciate you not bad mouthing it's reputation if you haven't experienced it yourself.

Reactions: GRVR and StormGrey

·
Registered
536 Posts
The Macan is a solid choice and should bring you many smiles especially if you opt for some of the pricier options and accessories. However as a previous 1st gen Cayenne owner, which was chock full of performance and tuning issues, I wouldn't be so quick to write off Jaguar's reliability based off of a few complaints on a forum. After 12K miles my R-Sport was only in the shop twice for the two main recalls (isolators and ICTP). I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone interested in driving something fun, different, and visually stunning for around $60K. I wish you the best of luck, but would appreciate you not bad mouthing it's reputation if you haven't experienced it yourself.
Good the hear this from a long time owner! I have been going back and forth between deciding between a F-Pace and Macan. Love the exterior of the F-Pace but like the interior of the Macan a little better. Just placed an order for a F-Pace.

·
Banned
311 Posts
Need to keep one factor in mind when comparing the FPace to the Macan or GLC AMG . The cargo capacity of the Porsche/Benz is about 50% less than the Jag. Big point for me, and advantage FPace. I need a SUV with some utility.

Reactions: StormGrey

·
Registered
536 Posts
Need to keep one factor in mind when comparing the FPace to the Macan or GLC AMG . The cargo capacity of the Porsche/Benz is about 50% less than the Jag. Big point for me, and advantage FPace. I need a SUV with some utility.
Cargo space is definitely a factor in my decision. I have a 70lb labrador retriever I take to the park every day. Not sure he would fit in the back of the Macan. It would definitely would be tight.

·
F Pace Expert
2,564 Posts
Cargo space is definitely a factor in my decision. I have a 70lb labrador retriever I take to the park every day. Not sure he would fit in the back of the Macan. It would definitely would be tight.
Get the half height gate if you don't want drool on back seats! Also recommend the rear area protector accessory thing. That works well too. 95 lb English lab fits well in back, not happy but fits fine.

·
F Pace Expert
2,564 Posts

Enjoy the Macan, looks like a great vehicle.

Your assertions about Jaguar are overwrought, seemingly from a composite of teething issues, all of which have been solved. Jaguar/Land Rover unit sales worldwide would seem to directly contradict your assertions. You may need to justify your choice to yourself but trashing Jaguar in the process isn't justified given the evidence. With billions in new investment and a pretty free hand from Tata parents JLR seems to have "leaped" ahead of where it used to be. F-Pace is a great vehicle and going forward all of the initial issues have been taken care of and would not be of concern for anyone ordering today.

Personally, I still enjoy the low density of F-Pace's so far in my area whereas I see Porsche/BMW/Mercedes all the time I have only seen one F-Pace in the wild in four months and 8000 miles.

Reactions: Trek and RoonieQ

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Good the hear this from a long time owner! I have been going back and forth between deciding between a F-Pace and Macan. Love the exterior of the F-Pace but like the interior of the Macan a little better. Just placed an order for a F-Pace.
Congratulations on Your Order ! You know what they say , "Beauty is Only Skin Deep" !
But you have to admit , *BEAUTIFUL SKIN* is VERY NICE to [email protected]@K at !!! ;)
Ian definitely Understands That !!! :)

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Get the half height gate if you don't want drool on back seats! Also recommend the rear area protector accessory thing. That works well too. 95 lb English lab fits well in back, not happy but fits fine.
Hey VZX , "95-pound English Lab" ??? PICS Please !!! :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Love my 5-year, 60,000 miles warranty! I was an early, early adopter -a.k.a. beta tester- but except for a clinking sound inside the car (now gone), I've had zero problems except for the ICTP software stuff. I didn't have the differential leaking problem; I didn't even have squeaky isolators, but they were replaced anyway. My most annoying problem as an early, early adopter (took delivery in May 2016) was a hole that appeared on the side of my driver's seat after four months. A hole in my white Windsor leather seat. That was also fixed free of charge by my dealer. After nine months, I've had a nearly trouble free driving and maintenance experience. If I could just keep strangers away from my car... :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Enjoy the Macan, looks like a great vehicle.

Your assertions about Jaguar are overwrought, seemingly from a composite of teething issues, all of which have been solved. Jaguar/Land Rover unit sales worldwide would seem to directly contradict your assertions. You may need to justify your choice to yourself but trashing Jaguar in the process isn't justified given the evidence. With billions in new investment and a pretty free hand from Tata parents JLR seems to have "leaped" ahead of where it used to be. F-Pace is a great vehicle and going forward all of the initial issues have been taken care of and would not be of concern for anyone ordering today.

Personally, I still enjoy the low density of F-Pace's so far in my area whereas I see Porsche/BMW/Mercedes all the time I have only seen one F-Pace in the wild in four months and 8000 miles.
Thank you for your courteous reply. I want you to know that I am not knocking the Jag brand. All my remarks (some were criticisms) were based solely from the comments and pictures posted on this forum. And this is the important part: IN HOPES THAT JLR IS PAYING ATTENTION!

I have purchased three new cars in a row, and none has required me to return it to the dealer for warranty work. Which is good ... I just do not have time for that.

Rather than be negative, I will step away for a while, and I will see what happens. I hope for the best.

One last bit of advice for JLR: Come on, man! You have been building car seats for what, 80 years?! And the leather in the Land Rover/Range Rover is exquisite. What is up with these lumpy leather FP seats? Come on, man!

Cheers

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm in love with the Jaguar F Pace but issues like this makes me sad.
I mean I have over 40,000 KM on my Cadillac leather and it still looks as pristine as I've first bought it. Why do we see issues on a more luxurious car like this??

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I'm in love with the Jaguar F Pace but issues like this makes me sad.
I mean I have over 40,000 KM on my Cadillac leather and it still looks as pristine as I've first bought it. Why do we see issues on a more luxurious car like this??
My only hope would be if the Leather issues persist my dealer would be willing to work with me on a fix, they have been great so far so I don't see it as a gigantic issue.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Bumping this again... Starting to notice "Blue Jean" transfer to the Oyster portion of our two tone seats.... Has anyone used "Lexol" cleaner and conditioner to clean/remove this stain? Shows highly recommended.... can you battle this problem or is it just a fact of life with light leather? Lexol will not damage the seats, correct?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Luxtek is superior to the leather...
It is kinda

I had 2 Lexus one with Luxtec and one with leather and leather have tendency to kinda stretch a bit and have waves in it after a couple years

so far my Luxtec looks the same as when I left the dealer so pretty happy about it ...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bumping this again... Starting to notice "Blue Jean" transfer to the Oyster portion of our two tone seats.... Has anyone used "Lexol" cleaner and conditioner to clean/remove this stain? Shows highly recommended.... can you battle this problem or is it just a fact of life with light leather? Lexol will not damage the seats, correct?

I've used Lexol cleaner and the conditioner exclusively on our Sovereign Hide leather in our Volvo. We had the grey leather with white piping and would get blue jean stains mostly noticeable on the piping, but also on the grey panels. I like Lexol very much, and it conditions the leather beautifully. Even seemed to bring back the natural leather smell. After 98,000 miles, it had a nice worn look, but no cracks, peels or other deformities. I plan to use it in the F Pace.

Reactions: stbentoak
61 - 80 of 105 Posts