Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone having an issue with their leather seats? I have an 2017 R Sport with 2500 miles and take a look at my driver seat. I am 5'11" and weigh only 175lbs so I can't imagine why this seat should look like this. Any other issues out there?

The problem with our Jaguar FPace RSport 2017 leather seats was reported at 16,000 miles - Jaguar are not interested. There is a Topix Report on the Oyster leather about the leather creasing and premature wearing on the front seat bolster. Yet nothing has been done about ours by the Dealer Hendy Jaguar Christchurch or Jaguar UK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, i've done a bit of searching around the forums, and came upon a few threads about the creasing of the leather in the seats. But they are all pretty old (looks like all them refer to the 2016 vehicle). I have the 2018 and the following pics show what I am seeing.

This has been there pretty much since I picked it up new (though I didn't notice it right the, so can't say for sure). I really noticed it after I got done with all my "sweet car!" feelings and started looking at what could be better. Of course, I didn't do anything for awhile, and then I figured when it went in for it's 1 year maintenance I'd mention it and see if they could do something.

Then, we took it it in recently for other issues and I pointed it out to them. They told my wife flat out "that's wear and tear". When she told me I thought ... uh, no. That's crappy and it isn't present anywhere else in the car and I've never seen it in another car. So came here and did the search and saw that maybe I'm wrong. And it isn't nearly as bad as it could be.

This is ONLY on the bolster on the left side of the drivers seat. Which is another reason it tends to "pop" to me.

It's going back in a few months again (for it's actual yearly service) and I want to know if I should really press them on this or not. And I guess I'll take the general consensus from this forum as to what to do; since strength in numbers and all (no, i'm not trying to reference the GSW motto). I hate complaining to anyone about thing that are normal/ok; so as to save those complaints for stuff that definitely is NOT normal.

So any help or advice or even experiences would be great. And even a "yea, i'd complain" or "no, that's not bad" is welcome. I'd start a poll if I could :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts

My ‘immaculate’ fpace, 16,000 miles is no time at all and this leather and seat bolster has worn prematurely. With this issue that Jaguar refuse to accept is a fault and the fact I have just been stung for charges relating to replacement ball end joints that should have been carried out on a previous Recall service automatically. Sadly I won’t be buying another Jaguar UK they are a bunch of thieves.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
The FPace has lost it’s sparkle for me, I have one and love the design of the car but issues with the front bolster seat and premature wearing of the leather at only 16,000 has made me angry when @Jaguar UK won’t admit there is an issue. Coupled with the fact there is a H037v3 service advice on the steering gear tie/rod end ball joints that the dealers at Hendy Jaguar Christchurch ignored and actually made me pay for When the car had only done 26,000 - it should have been done as a safety issue on the recall for free.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts