Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Just as a point of observation, there are many parts on a "Base" model vehicle that have attachments, upfits, window dressing, and CRAP hung on them, both by the OEM and the after market all in the hopes of appealing to the mass market, so they can charge 3x what their worth and somebody can say they have some bling on their vehicle. None of them affect safety, form or function.. Just wallet...

I highly doubt a screwed on attached bling plate that the factory uses on the identical part on the non functional side of a caliper would VOID any warranty unless that specific side of the caliper broke. They are tough ductile steel and over engineered to withstand great forces. In over 40 years of driving, the only brake caliper structural problem I have ever seen is a stuck piston and that certainly wouldn't have anything to do with this.... If done properly, I'd bet most Techs wouldn't even notice that this was not stock and not think twice if it was an OEM Jaguar plate....

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
@stbentoak exactly. There are numerous chicken-little threads on how various mods would void the warranty. Look back to the threads on after-market tuning! When it comes down to it, Jaguar has to prove the mod was a factor in whatever damage the owner is claiming under warranty, and even then, the non-covered parts would be only the ones affected by the mod. Hyperbole is dangerous.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I don't care about voided warranty, but you guys keep referring to the "non functional side" of the caliper. You do understand how physics works right? If even half the caliper blew up, it's likely that wheel's brakes would not work enough to stop a car (especially with a floating caliper).

But I digress. Obviously no one cares, and it's your car so do whatever the heck you want to do with it. I'm out.

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace 3.5T RSport
1 Posts
Finally got the new front covers from MGP and installed.Here are before and after photos.
Can you please give the specs of what MGP used for the 20" please. I just spoke with them and again they are saying they do not have covers for 2017 fpace 35t R-Sport?

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
459 Posts
Can you please give the specs of what MGP used for the 20" please. I just spoke with them and again they are saying they do not have covers for 2017 fpace 35t R-Sport?
MGP covers fit mine, although they aren't listed to do so. I had to bend the tabs a bit for the front wheel calipers. They've been on for almost three years; no problems.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts