41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
You mean BRAKES, right?>:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't seen the after markets ones on a vehicle as of yet. So you're saying they look cheesy when they are on? It's a little bit of a process to have them painted so I was just looking for a quicker way.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
This is what I was talking about...GAG!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
This is what I was talking about...GAG!
These would not be so bad if they had a bit of texture, and did not use painted on "bolts." They could have made them more interesting with real hardware. That said, some here in the forum have installed these, and are happy with them.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Here's one on an F-Pace ! Not mine , btw !!!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
These would not be so bad if they had a bit of texture, and did not use painted on "bolts." They could have made them more interesting with real hardware. That said, some here in the forum have installed these, and are happy with them.
Whatever taps their brakes..I guess:eek:

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
459 Posts
In addition to this thread, there are two others on the subject.

However, none of them resolves the issue. These threads all state that the MGP covers are described as being for wheels with 17" rotors. And they all conclude that all our F-Paces, regardless of model/trim level, have 13.8" rotors in front, 12.8" rear. That's what my research finds also. And my tape measure agrees, for my R-Sport with 20" wheels.

Various vendors (Amazon, carID, etc.) repeat MGP's description on its own site that these are for F-Pace wheels with 17" rotors.
I've emailed MGP, and asked amazon's "customer questions & answers", with no response.

So the question in these three threads remains open: Do the MGP caliper covers fit our cars, in spite of the apparent rotor size description discrepancy? (And the question is not "are they tacky?")
Has any member of the Forum purchased and installed them? On which model (if that really makes a difference, with all having the same size rotors)?

·
Registered
35 Posts
These to a little more work to install than expected. The front covers are larger than expected but understandable. These went on fairly easy. There has not been any clearance issues thus far.
1. why took more work than expected?
2. any issues after ~1yr?
3. front covers: how much larger?
4. any issues w/ going to dealer to service?

any issues when dealer see them? wondering if they'd say it voids warranty since you are adding stuff to the calipers?

thx.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
These to a little more work to install than expected. The front covers are larger than expected but understandable. These went on fairly easy. There has not been any clearance issues thus far.
1. why took more work than expected?
2. any issues after ~1yr?
3. front covers: how much larger?
4. any issues w/ going to dealer to service?

any issues when dealer see them? wondering if they'd say it voids warranty since you are adding stuff to the calipers?

thx.
The extra work came from a bit of grinding that was needed on one of the covers. This was on the tab that is welding direct to the back of the cover. Slight clearance issue when installing on the caliper. No issue with clearance on wheel.

I have not had any issues since putting them on.

The front cover extends past the ends of the caliper by about an inch on both sides. (See pic)

I have had a routine service visit and no issues were brought up. These covers are only attached with two screws and clips that apply pressure to the body of the caliper. There is not any alteration needed to the caliper.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mgp Brake caliper covers

I bought the MGP brake caliper covers. I have 20 inch rims and quite honestly the clips and the covers don?t seem to fit very well. They have a strange little live underneath the tongue of the covers and I?m not quite sure why it has this. I successfully put them on but they don?t seem to be made for the calipers. I?m afraid they are going to loosen overtime. When you put the metal clips into the caliper they are slightly angled inward which is a bit strange.

The caliper itself does not seem to be snug like the picture that they send. I?m going to talk to them and make sure that the calipers they gave me will fit 20 inch rims That are on the FPS prestige rotors.

I will post a picture of what I?m talking about when I take the rims off to inspect them again. I had a little bit of rubbing that I could hear.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Sorry, but I think these covers look cheap. The fake painted on bolts are tacky. IMHO.
Yes. I think having them professionally painted/powder coated is a better option. Especially if the fit is questioned, no telling what kind of damage they could do if they come lose or off at speed. My most humble of opinions, of course.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had them installed a few weeks ago. Agreed, they don't seem to be engineered quite right for our application, but bending the brackets for the front covers made them fit well. (Same wheels on my R Sport.) Clearance is close in the front, but no sign of problems.

Sorry, but I think these covers look cheap. The fake painted on bolts are tacky. IMHO.
Like the pictures above show, you'd have to be on your knees two inches away to see the bolts are fake. Not worried about anyone that OCD judging me. They look terrific on my IRR with Black package! I'm holding off posting pics until I get the tail lights smoked. Two local tinters won't do it, and I don't trust my own artistic skills. Also want to blacken the rear badging.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Agree. See my comments in the other thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,
Is it possible that you post a picture of how you bent the brackets? Mine seem to fit but definitely scared they get loose at speed and F up the rim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also in regards to the fake bolts. That bothered me at first but after putting it on it isn't that bad. I believe people will start to see them as "dust covers" more so since its obvious they are not painted calipers. Next version they should put in real "fake" bolts. ha.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi there,
Is it possible that you post a picture of how you bent the brackets? Mine seem to fit but definitely scared they get loose at speed and F up the rim.
Can't photograph it now, as it's installed. But it was just a matter of bending the flat bracket inwards a bit until the cover fit more snugly, not protruding out and rubbing against the wheel.

·
Registered
98 Posts
When I ordered my 2018 R-Sport (20" black), I worked with the Dealer to have them buy/install red MGP caliper covers before delivery. I contacted MGP and confirmed beforehand that they had covers that fit as they were not listed on their website. They gave me the part number that I needed.
Unfortunately, the Dealer could not get them to fit and they have been back and forth with MGP on the issue. I accepted delivery without the covers 2 weeks ago.
Got a call yesterday to say that MGP wants to see the car for a couple of hours to figure out what is happening. Luckily, I live in San Diego so this will work out (I hope!) I'll take one for the Team :)
I will post the results as well as pictures if we have success.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dante had a road trip to MGP and they managed to install the rear Caliper covers successfully. The front ones are going need some design work apparently and so are not ready yet.
I like what I see so far and hope to get the full set soon!

41 - 60 of 86 Posts