Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Believe it or not, a lot of folks do a ceramic coating on top of their wraps.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah I’ve heard of that quite a bit, but not the other way around and wrap over ceramic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your car looks awesome. Is the wrap permanent? I have thought about getting my car done. I have the Carpathian Grey color which I like, but this satin wrap is the truth.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Your car looks awesome. Is the wrap permanent? I have thought about getting my car done. I have the Carpathian Grey color which I like, but this satin wrap is the truth.
The good thing about wraps is that you can remove them and your paint under it will look brand new untouched.

I heavily debating between wrapping mine satin grey or black bc I loved the Grey Fpaces.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your wrap looks awesome! I have been debating to wrap my black F pace S with 3M dark satin grey leaving some black highlights in the grill, mirrors and back end. Do you have to be careful what to wash it with? (ie commercial carwash/powerwash vs hand wash to avoid ruining the wrap?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Al
The good thing about wraps is that you can remove them and your paint under it will look brand new untouched.

I heavily debating between wrapping mine satin grey or black bc I loved the Grey Fpaces.
I'm also debating to upgrade to an SVR and wrap it in the 3M satin grey with black highlights. I haven't seen many SVR wraps online. Only one black and there is a youtube video with one wrapped in red matte metallic. Look closely, they left some sweet black highlights with a red wrap. Looks pretty good, but I think a dark satin grey would look even better on an SVR.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Al

I'm also debating to upgrade to an SVR and wrap it in the 3M satin grey with black highlights. I haven't seen many SVR wraps online. Only one black and there is a youtube video with one wrapped in red matte metallic. Look closely, they left some sweet black highlights with a red wrap. Looks pretty good, but I think a dark satin grey would look even better on an SVR.
To be honest you won’t go wrong as long as it’s Satin.

your SVR is a super SUV, That extra touch will make it look more exotic to the average person without explaining anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm truly surprised that for the price of an SVR every colour (including black) comes with a stock light grey trim similar to a Mazda...if I wrapped an SVR would wrap the trip except for maybe the very bottom black as with the red SVR above in the satin with black thin trim to match the black wheels. Any general washing advice? Usual cloth towels and gentle hose spray assuming ok but no power washer to avoid lifting up the wrap? Thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'm truly surprised that for the price of an SVR every colour (including black) comes with a stock light grey trim similar to a Mazda...if I wrapped an SVR would wrap the trip except for maybe the very bottom black as with the red SVR above in the satin with black thin trim to match the black wheels. Any general washing advice? Usual cloth towels and gentle hose spray assuming ok but no power washer to avoid lifting up the wrap? Thank you.
Looks like you can wrap the SVR trim. Usually its called "chrome delete" to wrap the trim black, but this case is different.

If the surface is textured like the lower rear, they might suggest plasti dipping that part black, which is really quick and cheap.

So far washing it is pretty straight forward.

Here are the instructions for power washing wrapped cars
To avoid edge lifting or other damage to the vinyl film, follow these important steps:
  • Use a spray nozzle with a 40 degree wide spray pattern.
  • Be sure the spray nozzle includes a nozzle protector (tip guard).
  • Use a maximum pressure of 1500 to 2000 psi.
  • If the system is heated, limit the water temperature to 180°F (82°C) or less.
  • Hold nozzle at least 12 inches (300 mm) away from and perpendicular (90 degrees +/- 10) to the vinyl.
  • Do not direct the water stream at a sharp angle to the edge of the vinyl
There's youtube videos on it if you want more info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

Here's another Ceramic Coat next to Satin Wrap comparison.

so far both stand out among other cars.
Both look great.
Satin Wrap gets a lot more attention b/c everyone is used to seeing glossy cars.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Wow absolutely love it. Looks so much meaner with the satin.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts