Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Very nice job. I don't see a slice of white anywhere. Did you do anything with the door jams? Looks great tho, including the wheels! Congrats.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the luv.

The car wrapping company took every body panel off to wrap each panel individually. This was the right way to do it so you can't see any white through the gaps.(and theres a lot of gaps lol)
I left the door Jams unwrapped b/c I could live with it and there was no need to pay extra for that in my opinion.

So far, I'm pretty shocked at how much more attention and compliments the vehicle gets with the wrap. I haven't gone one day in a month without a random person saying something positive when I get out the car or go through different drive-throughs, security gates, etc. So, if you're thinking about doing it for fun or for a change I'd highly recommend.

I got mine done close to $2k

Wheels were powdercoated for $110 per wheel since they are 22"

Breaks were painted as well, but I forgot how much I paid, it was $50 extra at the wheel place or something.

here's a rear

the trim is a r-sport

hopefully this helps

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Badass... Looks awesome...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Love it! And the price is amazing too. I got quoted $3500+ here in DC, but couldn’t find a color I liked quite that much. $2000 I could do though
how many miles did you have on it before the wrap? Any rock chips and do they show through the vinyl?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love it! And the price is amazing too. I got quoted $3500+ here in DC, but couldn’t find a color I liked quite that much. $2000 I could do though
how many miles did you have on it before the wrap? Any rock chips and do they show through the vinyl?
Check with this company and see how much they quote you for DC.. they have guys in different states that wrap. Pricing might vary but I doubt it’d ever hit $3k.

I had 28k miles.... there were two really subtle little hood dings that only show from certain angles. I noticed them late right before the wrap. It looked the same with the wrap as it did with the gloss white. I would assume If the rock chips are small shallow they won’t show, but prob ask whoever is going to do it first.

Luckily the small hood dings are unnoticeable on mine unless someone is going out of their way looking at it at weird angles.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
Wow that’s a great, job would never hav thought that was a white car.

DP

·
Registered
265 Posts
Check with this company and see how much they quote you for DC.. they have guys in different states that wrap. Pricing might vary but I doubt it’d ever hit $3k.

I had 28k miles.... there were two really subtle little hood dings that only show from certain angles. I noticed them late right before the wrap. It looked the same with the wrap as it did with the gloss white. I would assume If the rock chips are small shallow they won’t show, but prob ask whoever is going to do it first.

Luckily the small hood dings are unnoticeable on mine unless someone is going out of their way looking at it at weird angles.

Thanks! Checking them out now and getting new quotes in the area. I've got a little under 5k miles and a small rock chip that I might get touched up beforehand if it would show through, but sounds like it'll be fine.

I did find what the SVR would look like in 3M satin black too. not sure why they left the trim grey. The trim seems to stand out a lot more with satin, and I'd want the opposite effect

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did find what the SVR would look like in 3M satin black too. not sure why they left the trim grey. The trim seems to stand out a lot more with satin, and I'd want the opposite effect
I saw that as well when I researched. I agree, I asked them to wrap the trim and the top surrounding the sun/moon roof gloss black. The logos were plasti dipped black.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Stealthy! Looks fantastic. And $2k is a great price for what was done. Congrats!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Your satin wrap looks so good to me because it accentuates the crease lines and enhances the body panel lines. Normal gloss black tends to do the opposite. You miss a lot of the detail. I really think it looks great. Congrats.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Very clean! I love satin finish’s, sometimes makes me wish I didn’t ceramic coat since you can’t wrap over it.

But very nicely done, love the look!

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
434 Posts
Very clean! I love satin finish’s, sometimes makes me wish I didn’t ceramic coat since you can’t wrap over it...
Don't know about that. Mine was ceramic coated (Feynlab), then months later I had the same shop wrap the sail panel between the windshield and panoramic roof in black, because it originally looked like a basket handle on my red car. They also smoked the bright orangish tail lights, which I believe were coated also.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Don't know about that. Mine was ceramic coated (Feynlab), then months later I had the same shop wrap the sail panel between the windshield and panoramic roof in black, because it originally looked like a basket handle on my red car. They also smoked the bright orangish tail lights, which I believe were coated also.
Oh interesting, I was told they couldn’t do that over the coating. At some point I’d love to get an xpel stealth wrap over the factory white. But I already ceramic coated the vehicle. I’ll have to double check on that, thanks!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How does it handle dirt? Does it show dust like a normal black car?
I actually drive on a dirt road everyday, it washes off easy.

When I don't dry the car off completely the water spots show more than the dirt did by far, so that's my only annoyance. I ordered a Car Leaf Blower to dry the car off, so I don't have to touch it.

As far as a comparison to normal black cars, it may arguably be more forgiving with dust than a gloss black car. (I had a gloss black car b4 this one.)
Sometimes, you will return to your car to find random finger prints from ppl touching it(to see what the wrap feels like i guess). The prints will only show from certain distances, angles, and lighting(But that can happen on a gloss black car as well. )

1 - 20 of 35 Posts