Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is directly related to anyone who has a zubie. I'm using one right now, and because of an AT&T screw-up, my 3G service is not working, so I'm operating solely on the zubie. Its working great! My question is the zubie is 4G service, and I have to admit that it SEEMS faster than the 3G service. Anybody have any experience with this?

The only downside I see is it takes a little longer to establish a zubie connection than the 3G, but I think it is just a protocol issue.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yes Zubie is 4G and is faster than the 3G AT&T setup that is in the car. I still use my Zubie for my son as the car hotspot when he need connectivity, or if I need it while working remote it's much faster.

To be clear though, the services that the car uses are fine on 3G. Other than browsing, but I never really use the car's browsing capability.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Yes Zubie is 4G and is faster than the 3G AT&T setup that is in the car. I still use my Zubie for my son as the car hotspot when he need connectivity, or if I need it while working remote it's much faster.

To be clear though, the services that the car uses are fine on 3G. Other than browsing, but I never really use the car's browsing capability.
Since my telematics fix I've played with browsing a bit. It's pretty darn snappy through 3G now. I have NOAA weather and CO DOT roads web pages as favorites and they come up way faster than they used to, even when 3G was sporadically working. Agree on Zubie though and I've kept mine in vehicle but might transfer to old 4Runner soon.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Telematics update has been a big change. Connectivity in the car actually works very well. I'm very happy now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts