·
Registered
500 Posts
THANKS for thinking about me !!!:giggle:
Well , where do I begin ???:rolleyes:
1. 2-wheels have CHUNKS taken out of the aluminum !!!:mad:
2. There are SCUFF MARKS on many of the Gloss Black Trim pieces !!!:mad:
3. The Steering Wheel has multiple RIPS in it !!!:mad:
4. There is a CLICKING sound when the Drivers Door Window goes up EVERY TIME !!!:mad:
5. The little bottom molding piece behind the front wheel does NOT line-up with the door !!!:mad:
6. The front AC vents seem to be NOT the same Air-Flow or Temperature !!!:mad:
7. The windshield looks like they used the wipers on DRY glass !!!:mad:
8. Drivers Side carpeted Floor Mat is GONE !!!:mad:
9. AND . . . . . . . wait for it , wait for it ,
somebody left a Cigarette LIGHTER in the cupholder ?????:mad::mad::mad:

State Farm also owes the Rental Car companies approx. $5K in Rental Fees !!!o_O

As far as GRVR is concerned , this F-PACE is now owned by State Farm ,
because WE are NOT going through the HEADACHE of having all these ISSUES resolved !!!:mad:

So , as of right now , this situation is FAR from being over , unfortunately !!!
Oh man... That is not the response I was hoping for. That is absolutely ridiculous, and I don't blame you for being livid about it. Hopefully your insurance company can help. Did the body shop have any kind of response?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm totally speechless @GRVR and so sorry that you have to deal with this. The wait was bad enough, but to get it back in this condition after all this time is just maddening. Hopefully your insurance company responds quickly to try to make this right.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
😪 all I can say @GRVR is my heart absolutely breaks for you and VR
I know you will not allow them to get away with this so go get 'em!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
ouch. entirely unacceptable. What shop was this? and understand state farm is paying, assume that's the other driver's insurance company. Which insurance company do you use? Are they ok with the repairs and state of your vehicle or going to help you make it right? I would open a claim on your end and have them find a better shop and bill state farm.
Looks like at least $5k replacement parts and labor to take care of the listed items, depending on the quality of their actual repairs and the root cause of the AC issue, and definitely not at the same shop.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I tell you what, your horror story GRVR has really made us think. Our FPace has been for sale for almost a month now and we were going to hold out not dropping the price any further (even though it's the cheapest S around at it's miles) but thinking about what happened to you and if that happened to us while our new ordered car is on the way... Wow that would really really suck because we'd be on the hook for the new car and would have to wait months for a fix for a final product that could be your experience :oops: and horrendous diminished value. The wife and I discussed that and we are going to probably sell back to the dealer soon just because the chance of something like that around here is unfortunately too real for us after reading your story. WAY too many morons out there, bad shops and insurance companies that see only dollar signs and not customer satisfaction.

Man, I really hope this takes a turn for the better for you 😇

·
Registered
500 Posts
I tell you what, your horror story GRVR has really made us think. Our FPace has been for sale for almost a month now and we were going to hold out not dropping the price any further (even though it's the cheapest S around at it's miles) but thinking about what happened to you and if that happened to us while our new ordered car is on the way... Wow that would really really suck because we'd be on the hook for the new car and would have to wait months for a fix for a final product that could be your experience :oops: and horrendous diminished value. The wife and I discussed that and we are going to probably sell back to the dealer soon just because the chance of something like that around here is unfortunately too real for us after reading your story. WAY too many morons out there, bad shops and insurance companies that see only dollar signs and not customer satisfaction.

Man, I really hope this takes a turn for the better for you 😇

You might want to try AAA or even Carmax as well. The portland dealer is infamous for low balling trades, so buyback probably also.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
@GRVR what’s the lat in this epic saga... who blamed who, where is the car, did you get a new car yet, inquiring minds want to know.

DP

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
@GRVR what’s the lat in this epic saga... who blamed who, where is the car, did you get a new car yet, inquiring minds want to know. DP
No news yet !
We are driving our F-PACE !
We sent a detailed email to State Farm w/photos , and told them that we did not want the car ,
and that they can blame whomever they want for the condition our car is in now ,
and that in our opinion it doesn't matter who is to blame ,
because none of this would have ever happened to our car ,
had THEIR client/customer never HIT it !!!
We told them that WE are not dealing with getting our car back there to get these items fixed ,
and that we are waiting for them to contact us with a Settlement Offer , and they can have the car !!!
We did inform them that we are prepared to get Legal Representation if need be !!!

I'm not sure yet , if anyone has filed a COMPLETE Carfax Report on it ,
because we had a friend of ours print-out a copy of the Carfax Report ,
and it just shows that the vehicle was in an accident on July 16th , and needed to be towed !!!
It doesn't mention the EXTENT of the Damage in the report ???
I don't know how long that process is supposed to take , and WHO is supposed to file it ???

It really sucks that this whole thing happened , because every time I punch the accelerator at a light ,
and leave every other car sitting there , and HEAR the engine & exhaust ,
it makes me realize just how much I'm gonna miss this AWESOME vehicle !!!

I probably wouldn't be so upset about it , had our car had the problems that many have had ,
but ours has given us 3 AWESOME Years of NO complaints !!!(y)(y):cool:

Oh' well , it is what it is !!!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
That all doesn’t sound like any fun, do you think the insurance company will get back to you?

since you are driving the car, how does it feel driving it?

Well did you get your ICTP updated while it was there, I think you said you were still on version 2.5 or something, then you can get to experience the new ICTP and better stereo sound.

DP

·
Registered
500 Posts
No news yet !
We are driving our F-PACE !
We sent a detailed email to State Farm w/photos , and told them that we did not want the car ,
and that they can blame whomever they want for the condition our car is in now ,
and that in our opinion it doesn't matter who is to blame ,
because none of this would have ever happened to our car ,
had THEIR client/customer never HIT it !!!
We told them that WE are not dealing with getting our car back there to get these items fixed ,
and that we are waiting for them to contact us with a Settlement Offer , and they can have the car !!!
We did inform them that we are prepared to get Legal Representation if need be !!!

I'm not sure yet , if anyone has filed a COMPLETE Carfax Report on it ,
because we had a friend of ours print-out a copy of the Carfax Report ,
and it just shows that the vehicle was in an accident on July 16th , and needed to be towed !!!
It doesn't mention the EXTENT of the Damage in the report ???
I don't know how long that process is supposed to take , and WHO is supposed to file it ???

It really sucks that this whole thing happened , because every time I punch the accelerator at a light ,
and leave every other car sitting there , and HEAR the engine & exhaust ,
it makes me realize just how much I'm gonna miss this AWESOME vehicle !!!

I probably wouldn't be so upset about it , had our car had the problems that many have had ,
but ours has given us 3 AWESOME Years of NO complaints !!!(y)(y):cool:

Oh' well , it is what it is !!!

Good luck, man.

I hate to kick you when you're down, but you may have done yourself a disservice by threatening to sue. Often times that moves it out of the hands of customer service and into the hands of legal.

Typically a bad idea to go that route when dealing with issues like this, particularly if you are not actually prepared to follow through. You might want to go ahead and get yourself an attorney.

Keep good records and build a paper trail. it'll serve you well later.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
so based on this nightmare with SF I'm guessing that @GRVR and his F-PACE are the reason my SF rates on a VERY low mileage F-PACE just went up over $350 annually :eek:

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
so based on this nightmare with SF I'm guessing that @GRVR and his F-PACE are the reason my SF rates on a VERY low mileage F-PACE just went up over $350 annually :eek:
Oooops !:oops: Sorry !:giggle:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
What’s the latest update?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I think Ins co. are steadily realizing that these are harder and harder to fix, parts and providers are few and far between, and it drags out expenses and time lines to them if they are footing the bill. Not like fixing the Impala at Joe's body shop in town.... Another potential reason to be one and done here....

·
Registered
924 Posts
I also saw an increase on my latest renewal, however it applied to all 3 of my vehicles and was characterized as a regional update, not vehicle specific.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I also saw an increase on my latest renewal, however it applied to all 3 of my vehicles and was characterized as a regional update, not vehicle specific.
mine was only the F-PACE. Still waiting for a call from my agent to find out why

221 - 240 of 242 Posts