Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
You need to go off road if you get that. There are some trails west of you in the GW National Forest. Even a couple really nice stream crossings!
Now you know darn well I keeps my vehicles on the Blacktop !!! :geek:
The furthest Off-Road it will go , is if I take it onto the Beach , to do a little Surf Fishing !!!:cool:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Now you know darn well I keeps my vehicles on the Blacktop !!! :geek:
The furthest Off-Road it will go , is if I take it onto the Beach , to do a little Surf Fishing !!!:cool:

But just imagine all the extra isolated parking options that jeep would open up!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Believe it or not , we are STILL without our F-PACE !!!:rolleyes:
Here is another replacement option we saw the other day !!!(y):cool:
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit , MSRP $59K !!!o_O View attachment 71758
The window sticker lists some type of Air Suspension as an option !!!(y)
As a 6 yr Summit owner (And a Diesel no less..) I can say this vehicle, while having a few 1st year recall/ dealer visits. Has exceeded expectations over its tenure. It was years ahead of other SUV's in safety/ convenience features, Air suspension has been flawless. Blows away all other SUV's in range/economy and trailer towing... It has a 26 gal tank that can go easily 600 miles + on road trips comfortably... Was a strong reason why we bought a 20D Fpace ! My wife just ran this week on a twice monthly 400 mile round trip visiting Kids with the 20D...35-39 MPG.... Nuff Said...

JEEP is coming out with a new design in 2021. Not sure if I will wait for it or not, as I'm ready for something new/ 3 row and Diesel is unlikely to return... Other than fuel economy, you would be quite impressed/Happy with a 2020 with a Hemi......

Genesis is coming out with a few SUVs next year. The one I've seen looks good in the rendering.
If it is out in the spring of 2020, it is one on my list along with an Aviator. Looking to be quite an advanced vehicle from what I've read so far....

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Well , BIG DAY tomorrow for GRVR !!!:giggle:
We pick up our F-PACE in the morning !!!:geek::cool:

The Repair Shop FINALLY finished our F-PACE on Wednesday ,
and then they dropped it off at our Jag Dealer a few miles away from them ,
so that the Jag Dealer could do the 3-Year Service on it !!!(y)(y)

They sent us a copy of the Final Supplement for the Repair ,
and the GRAND TOTAL was a whopping $20,200 !!!o_O:eek::oops:

I will post back here tomorrow evening with an Update !!!:)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yikes! That's some repair bill 😲! But super happy you're getting your car back. Maybe, you'll get that new car honeymoon feeling again!

As far as Lincolns, we finally got to see and sit in the Corsair. I love the inside and inside quality of that car, but too small and too low, and too car like for the wife - you are right though, way bigger in the inside than you would expect looking at the outside. She's glad we ordered the Black Label Nautilus 3 weeks ago so hopefully we'll see it before X-mas. I tell you what though... even though that Aviator is too big for us, every time I see that Chalet theme interior BL one in the showroom I just want to drive it home - so freaking nice 😍. The two-tone steering wheel is to die for. ☠

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I tell you what though... even though that Aviator is too big for us, every time I see that Chalet theme interior BL one in the showroom I just want to drive it home - so freaking nice 😍. The two-tone steering wheel is to die for. ☠
Yes, more and more, I think the Aviator is the one for me. Not sure I can go BL as I don't have a BL dealer within the pickup delivery range, but every other thing about this vehicle is starting to add up for me. Perfect blend of looks, Comfort, Tech, Styling, Power, and 3 rows when needed. All Black, please... It's on my list next spring when the excitement dies down and initial production issues start to get worked out...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well , BIG DAY tomorrow for GRVR !!!:giggle:
We pick up our F-PACE in the morning !!!:geek::cool:

The Repair Shop FINALLY finished our F-PACE on Wednesday ,
and then they dropped it off at our Jag Dealer a few miles away from them ,
so that the Jag Dealer could do the 3-Year Service on it !!!(y)(y)

They sent us a copy of the Final Supplement for the Repair ,
and the GRAND TOTAL was a whopping $20,200 !!!o_O:eek::oops:

I will post back here tomorrow evening with an Update !!!:)

Well?!?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'm voting for "she's a keeper!" But I'm thinking that may not be the case. GR is liking those Lincolns.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
THANKS for thinking about me !!!:giggle:
Well , where do I begin ???:rolleyes:
1. 2-wheels have CHUNKS taken out of the aluminum !!!:mad:
2. There are SCUFF MARKS on many of the Gloss Black Trim pieces !!!:mad:
3. The Steering Wheel has multiple RIPS in it !!!:mad:
4. There is a CLICKING sound when the Drivers Door Window goes up EVERY TIME !!!:mad:
5. The little bottom molding piece behind the front wheel does NOT line-up with the door !!!:mad:
6. The front AC vents seem to be NOT the same Air-Flow or Temperature !!!:mad:
7. The windshield looks like they used the wipers on DRY glass !!!:mad:
8. Drivers Side carpeted Floor Mat is GONE !!!:mad:
9. AND . . . . . . . wait for it , wait for it ,
somebody left a Cigarette LIGHTER in the cupholder ?????:mad::mad::mad:

State Farm also owes the Rental Car companies approx. $5K in Rental Fees !!!o_O

As far as GRVR is concerned , this F-PACE is now owned by State Farm ,
because WE are NOT going through the HEADACHE of having all these ISSUES resolved !!!:mad:

IMG_3567.JPG

IMG_3571.JPG

IMG_3562.JPG
IMG_3574.JPG
IMG_3575.JPG
IMG_3568.JPG
IMG_3570.JPG
IMG_3565.JPG

So , as of right now , this situation is FAR from being over , unfortunately !!!

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #211

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
An absolutely PRIME example of why I do anything in my power to keep this vehicle out of a body shop... ( Winter tires, Just drive the JEEP if its bad out, Never drive it to congested areas, IE Chicago, ETC...) I'd be physically ill if this is how my vehicle was returned to me.... I realize anything can happen anywhere, But like you, I am a pristine car person...

Good luck GRVR. Get what you need to get out of it and move on. I'd never be comfortable in that vehicle again....

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Oh boy, that is a terrible situation and I am so sorry for you guys. Hopefully, you can work things out to get your money for the car and move onto something new. such a shame.

·
Registered
290 Posts
@GRVR : Wow! Very sorry to hear this. You've waited for so long to get it back and then, finally, you have it back and it looks like it does. The thrill is gone.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Unbelievable. My vote would be to throat punch whatever idiot thought it was acceptable to deliver the car to you in that condition.

Or...a legal recommendation would be to wreck the shop's existence online when this is all said and done. This isn't a little "misunderstanding" or minor mistake; they straight up wrecklessly f'ked up your car.

I'm pissed, and this isn't even my car!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Just unbelievable!
Did they throw the keys to you and lock the shop doors so you couldn’t thrash them?
Don’t even think about trying to sort this out. You’ll never be happy and drive yourself crazy.
Time to walk away and work out a settlement.
Hate to say it, but a lawyer may be necessary at this point.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Wow that’s just not right. The steering wheel would drive me crazy, that would need to be replace. Looked like they used the wheels to hold the car down on transport. either way. I would be just upset.

with that said. How was the repair itself? How was the paint and finish?

DP

·
Registered
924 Posts
One more point to consider.
If this is the quality of the work that you can see (and would have been easy to make perfect), what about the craftsmanship (HAH) of their work hidden behind the panels?
Most body shops have a QC guy who goes over the car before release.
Not this one, I guess.

·
Registered
523 Posts
WOW buddy - DOH!!! 🤬 I'm so sorry for all this what a terrible nightmare. I'd go medieval for sure on the guy handing me the keys back and then I'd go medieval on State Farm. You're going to need stress counseling after this!!!

I can only imagine your own "I'll be back :cool: " scenario as you drive the car through the body shop front door. Google/Yelp body shop 1 star review here you come....

201 - 220 of 242 Posts