Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

181 - 200 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #181 (Edited)
Test Drove a loaded VELAR w/ Air Suspension yesterday at our Jag/LR Dealer !
VERY NICE & SEXY & COMFORTABLE indeed !!!(y)(y):cool:
IMG_3279.JPG

We really liked pretty much everything about it , however ,
the Price Tag would require some serious contemplating (upper $80Ks to $100K+) !!!:unsure:

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Did they file a Police Report for the rear end hit ?
If not , maybe a Police Report is what initiates the Carfax report ?
Police were called and report on the rear end hit, as the driver at fault admitted drinking and was subsequently charged with DUI and BAC over something like three times the limit, third offense in something like two years, mandatory jail time. Carfax nearly two years later was clean.

·
Registered
523 Posts
As far as Lincoln goes , the Nautilus is the Sweet Spot for us ,
and is still on the Consideration Table !!!
The Corsair is a little too small , and the Aviator is a little too big !
It's weird that you can't get a red Nautilus, but with the black label themes I really like the Thoroughbred theme which you can get in black or white, I dunno about the other colors... I don't really care for the other 2 themes but someone will!

It's more curvalinear like the FPace, unlike the Corsair and Aviator which are going to the new squarish interior and long vents. The Nautilus is 3" longer than a FPace, and the Corsair is 6" shorter than the FPace.

We're not doing anything until we actually get to drive a larger engine Corsair and they probably won't have any at the dealer until November :confused:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
It's weird that you can't get a red Nautilus, but with the black label themes I really like the Thoroughbred theme which you can get in black or white, I dunno about the other colors... I don't really care for the other 2 themes but someone will!
View attachment 71667
It's more curvalinear like the FPace, unlike the Corsair and Aviator which are going to the new squarish interior and long vents. The Nautilus is 3" longer than a FPace, and the Corsair is 6" shorter than the FPace.

We're not doing anything until we actually get to drive a larger engine Corsair and they probably won't have any at the dealer until November :confused:
That interior definitely looks sharp... In my case we find many moments that we COULD use a 3rd row so that all the family (Slowly expanding w /grandkids...) can ride in one vehicle, or if we say take 2 couples to Din. That makes the Aviator look good. Whether the PHEV is worth 10K more is an unanswered question so far....

·
Registered
290 Posts
We haven't gotten back our F-PACE yet , and the Diminished Value Companies I have spoke with ,
both said that we have to WAIT until the vehicle is returned to us to file the DV-Claim !
Ours is supposed to be finished on THIS coming Friday !
I am going to try to line-up getting it on Saturday morning , since they are 2-hours away ,
and then drive it just a few miles over to our Jag Dealer for it's 3rd-Annual Service !
Did you get your F-Pace back?

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Did you get your F-Pace back?
Nope ! The Repair Shop called me earlier this week to let me know that it wouldn’t be ready this Friday ! She said they were reassembling it , but that there is a hold-up because a Wiring Harness for inside the drivers door was back-ordered ! The accident was on July 16th , so we’re coming up on 3-months without our F-PACE ! At this point , I really don’t care anymore !

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nope ! The Repair Shop called me earlier this week to let me know that it wouldn’t be ready this Friday ! She said they were reassembling it , but that there is a hold-up because a Wiring Harness for inside the drivers door was back-ordered ! The accident was on July 16th , so we’re coming up on 3-months without our F-PACE ! At this point , I really don’t care anymore !
Wow! Sorry to hear that. Sounded promising when it sounded like it was heading to the paint shop a while back.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wow that sucks buddy! I feel ya, I had to wait 6 months for my Van to get fixed, parts runs always being the reason - "well we don't make the Z-64 right angle bracket but every 4 months" - and then it has to get shipped and then the body shop has to have the time commitment. Really really sucks.

BTW, I was partially wrong stating they don't make the Nautilus in red, they do but not in the Black Label model (but they do in the other 3 models). My lovely wife is now very interested in the Nautilus as she thinks the Corsair, like you, may be too small. Since she can't visualize for nothin, I had to color in a few Nautilus shots pixel by pixel for her (I didn't do a very good job) so she could think about how that would look if we blackened out the front end stuff and maybe bottom chrome below the door. Here's a shot of a Burgundy Nautilus with the 20 spoke Black Label wheels and a red Nautilus (Reserve) with the 10 Spoke shell-like wheels, both made into a black pack kinda thing. Both are 21" wheels. I kept the Lincoln front piece still chrome for some reason. We're going to wait until the Corsair comes out here soon before we make a decision.

Anyways, hope you get your car back soon.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #190 (Edited)
My lovely wife is now very interested in the Nautilus as she thinks the Corsair, like you, may be too small.
Hey DSG , we got to test-drive a 2020 Corsair today , and let me tell you ,
believe it or not , it actually felt ROOMIER than the Nautilus !!!o_O
It is a TOTALLY REDESIGNED Platform than the MKC !!!
I don't know if it is WIDER or LONGER than the MKC , but it sure felt like it !!!
The Rear Seats can actually manually adjust forwards or backwards for more leg room !!!
I was even able to get my feet into the rear seat area ,
without having to contortion my feet between the rear door frame and the rear seat !!!
The way they redesigned the Underside of the Dash area , gave you more legroom up front !!!
The interior Cargo Area was smaller than the Nautilus , however ,
the Cargo Area Side Window is bigger than on the one on the Nautilus ,
which was a really nice look on the exterior !!!
It was LOADED , and the MSRP was $55K !!!
VR and I were VERY impressed with it !!!(y)(y):cool:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
and believe it or not , it actually felt ROOMIER than the Nautilus !!!o_O
I don't know if it is WIDER or LONGER than the MKC , but it sure felt like it !!!
The Rear Seats can actually manually adjust forwards or backwards for more leg room !!!
And I was able to get my feet into the rear seat area ,
without having to contortion my feet between the rear door frame and the rear seat !!!
The way they redesigned the Underside of the Dash area , gave you more legroom up front !!!
Just a FYI, after investigation Lincoln a little more, it seems that they have had MUCHO 1st year production issues both with the new Explorer and the new Aviator to the tune of 10-20K RECALLED units for various faults that needed major repair before hitting showrooms.... Just throwing that out... I am interested in the Aviator, but after hearing that I think I may wait till mid 2020 and take another look to see if they have ironed out some 1st year production issues. Just like the FP, any totally new vehicle is going to have early growing pains.. Might want to let some of those go by for a while and get more new owners input before plunking down the cash....

·
Registered
523 Posts
believe it or not , it actually felt ROOMIER than the Nautilus !!!o_O
I was even able to get my feet into the rear seat area ,
The interior Cargo Area was smaller than the Nautilus , however ,
the Cargo Area Side Window is bigger than on the one on the Nautilus ,
which was a really nice look on the exterior !!!
Wow, I can't believe you found one on the ground, they're still 3 weeks away from the NW :oops:. Thanks for the tip and review. That's really important to know you didn't think it's too small. Too bad they're not going to Black Label that one. But the price seems really awesome. I've found around here no dealer gets all the options, and massaging seats is one they keep omitting for some reason, and that option is high on my list as I like my fancy tickled. Did your test drive have that option? Did that one have the Ultima Revel stereo? The loaded ones are around $58,600 to get all the things we wanted and I think that didn't include the HUD which we could care less about (I've had it, don't care about it). Curious to know. My wife thinks the hood line may too low for her, but like the Nautilus, the cars look completely different than the pics, way better in person. Did you drive a Nautilus? I test drove the smaller 2.0 engine and it was pretty impressive for a small engine and the car drove super smooth. It's funny that alal the reviews of that car the guys keep saying it's so smooth and that's really the best way to describe that car. We're definitely going to test drive a Corsair when they get here. (y)
Just a FYI, after investigation Lincoln a little more, it seems that they have had MUCHO 1st year production issues both with the new Explorer and the new Aviator to the tune of 10-20K RECALLED units for various faults that needed major repair before hitting showrooms.... Just throwing that out... I am interested in the Aviator, but after hearing that I think I may wait till mid 2020 and take another look to see if they have ironed out some 1st year production issues. Just like the FP, any totally new vehicle is going to have early growing pains.. Might want to let some of those go by for a while and get more new owners input before plunking down the cash....
That's some good info and being that we've been on the FPace forum since 2015, boy we've seen and heard a lot of FPace issues - ugh. Even seeing some guys get their cars and getting their money back within a few month for some many problems. The Aviator has a LOT going on. And any car that's going to kneel when I walk up to it is going to have a lot of moving parts and that's one thing that scares me about the Aviator. But it is super cool. If anyone is even remotely interested in the Aviator or just wants to see a really good review of that car and all the things it can do and has, check out the Doug review - very interesting, and the reasons why it costs what it does.

It's a good review by a really annoying guy. He loves the Aviator and didn't really care that much for the FPace from memory... :cry:

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
We have a Lincoln experience center here where I live, I will go and check this our in person.

DP

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
So did you get a new car yet or take your F-PACE back ? How does the repair look ?
DP

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
So did you get a new car yet or take your F-PACE back ? How does the repair look ?
DP
Believe it or not , we are STILL without our F-PACE !!!:rolleyes:
Here is another replacement option we saw the other day !!!(y):cool:
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit , MSRP $59K !!!o_O
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit.JPG

The window sticker lists some type of Air Suspension as an option !!!(y)

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Here's another replacement option , that I'm TRYING to talk VR into !!! (y) (y) ;):cool:
Jeep 4X4 1.JPG

That be my Oil Delivery Truck in the background !!!:geek:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Those options all over the place GR. I think VR would appreciate the Lincoln or the Grand Cherokee! Not the road noise coming from those 4x4 tires on that Jeep 4x4!

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
There all over the place GR. I think VR would appreciate the Lincoln or the Grand Cherokee! Not the road noise coming from those 4x4 tires on that Jeep 4x4!
HaHa !!!:LOL:
I guess I was thinking more for ME , than her !!!;):cool:
She actually LOVES it , but her biggest concern is getting IN & OUT of it !!!:giggle:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
You need to go off road if you get that. There are some trails west of you in the GW National Forest. Even a couple really nice stream crossings!

181 - 200 of 242 Posts