Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to order a 2018 Caesium Blue F-Pace within 10 days. I would like your opinions on which model to go with. I am wavering between a R-Sport and the new Portfolio. At one point I considered the New RR Velar, however it's priced to high for my budget. With similar options as the R-Sport or Portfolio, the Velar came in at over 90,000 CAD including taxes.

Both F-Paces come with a 340 HP engine. The way the Canadian configurator is organized, there are limited choices for the Portfolio since most of the Luxury options are included. I added 2,175$ worth of options to the Portfolio and 14,925$ to the R-Sport, bringing the cars to 74,597$ for the Portfolio and 77,097$ for the R-Sport for a 2,500$ difference. The 380HP S comes in at 81,147$ for a 6,550 difference. All three come with similar options.

I really like the Tan Sienna Windsor leather seats in the Portfolio, however I haven't seen one in person, nor has there been any threads here regarding leather quality other than the Tan seats look gorgeous. I test drove the S and the R-Sport awhile back with a black interior, but not the other models. I read threads that note that the leather on the lower models are questionable.

The positives are that one way or another, I will be getting a World Car of the Year winner!

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
31 Posts
In my opinion (F-Pace S owner) the R-Sport has a nicer front end treatment. And both are much more stunning looking than the Velar, not to mention the price difference. And if you like a standout color, Caesium blue is definitely that!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was thinking of a Portfolio next because of the tan leather seats

Definitely a personal decision

·
Registered
254 Posts
I do like the look of the latte interior, and I would have selected it if available on the R Sport, but, I prefer the look of the front fascia of the R Sport. I also don't care for the 10 spoke wheels of the Portfolio.

But it all comes down to what YOU like, not anybody else. ;)

Kerry

Reactions: Jetman

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Can you even get *CAESIUM BLUE* in a Portfolio ???
I am under the impression that the Portfolio ONLY came in WHITE !!!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
That was my understanding as well. Portfolio only in white with the sierra tan leather, so if you want the blue, you will have to order the R-Sport.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
254 Posts
Looks to me like you can choose any color.

Kerry

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

If you move to Canada you can:)
The US and Canadian options are different.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Well Alrighty Then !!! That EXPLAINS It !!! :) THANKS !!!

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was my understanding as well. Portfolio only in white with the sierra tan leather, so if you want the blue, you will have to order the R-Sport.
Just checked the configurator on the US site and the Canadian one. The options are significantly different.

Reactions: MTGRL and GRVR

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes you can.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do like the look of the latte interior, and I would have selected it if available on the R Sport, but, I prefer the look of the front fascia of the R Sport. I also don't care for the 10 spoke wheels of the Portfolio.

Kerry
I agree regarding the 10 spoke wheels. The only option with the Portfolio in Canada are the 10 spoke 20" wheels or 22" 15 spoke wheels for 4 grand extra! In other words, they don't want you to change the wheels.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Another thing those of you in Canada can do better, lol, more choices! That's the one thing really turning me off the Portfolio here, I don't like white cars.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kerry, I had a similar dilema, I really like the Tan interior which I could not get in the R-Sport. Ideally my choice would be the R-Sport with a Tan interior and the 5 spoke wheels at the Portfolio price.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Kerry, I had a similar dilema, I really like the Tan interior which I could not get in the R-Sport. Ideally my choice would be the R-Sport with a Tan interior and the 5 spoke wheels at the Portfolio price.
"Ideally" , my choice would be the LOADED *S* , at the Premium price !!! >:)
If you're going to dream , *DREAM BIG* !!! ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Kerry
Good point about the front end. When using the configurator you only see the side of the car and of course the interior unless you select the 360 deg. view option. Something I did when first reviewing my options. I then drifted to the Velar, which I have eliminated. Thanks for the heads up. I know have to weigh, the wheels, seat colours, front end and the extra dollars for the R-Sport vs Portfolio. After a couple of beers, or a glass of wine, I should come to a conclusion.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
254 Posts
What am I missing? When I build a Portfolio, I can choose any color, including Caesium blue.

Very confused. :confused:

Kerry

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Maybe it has changed. When they announced it (before the config site was up) it was strictly the one exterior option, white.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Decided to play on the configuration page and indeed, all exterior colors buildable, as well as four interior choices (!) including the new tan but not restricted to it as previously thought.
Only petrol engine so it'd still be off the table for me, but if it was available with the diesel I might be kicking myself right now. :nerd:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts