Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I noticed that the first Jag wagons will be available later this summer. I already ordered F-Pace and should be receiving it soon but would have certainly considered wagon if it was available at the time I ordered my F-Pace. I still think I would have gone with F-Pace but would have been close call for me.

2018 Jaguar XF Sportbrake® Wagon | Jaguar USA

Reactions: Dakar09

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've seen the concepts for this, and would buy one in a heartbeat if the F-Pace wasn't already in my driveway. I've always been a "fast wagon" guy.

It looks to be the same size as a 3-series, so I imagine the F-Pace has a bit more room. But dang..it's a good-looking vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
I still think I would have gone with F-Pace but would have been close call for me.
Yeah, me too. The starting price of the XF is substantially higher than the F-pace; not sure how they will compare when they are both available.
Love my F-pace so I'm guessing that it would have been my choice after test driving both but...

Reactions: NewToCats

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen the concepts for this, and would buy one in a heartbeat if the F-Pace wasn't already in my driveway. I've always been a "fast wagon" guy.

It looks to be the same size as a 3-series, so I imagine the F-Pace has a bit more room. But dang..it's a good-looking vehicle.
I like wagons as well and that's why I felt it would be close call for me. I had my eyes set for XC70 but those got discontinued starting 2017. I test-drove XC90 and I did not fell in love with it. I googled dimensions for sportbrake yesterday and converted from meters to inches - I can't find the napkin today on which I did my calculations but I recall concluding that the wagon will be about 10 inches longer than F-Pace. F-Pace is 186 inches where SportBrake was 195 or 196. Boot looks longer compared to F-Pace for sure.

The only thing I was not thrilled about was full length sunroof but I have the same complaint about F-Pace. I would prefer not having one but it's not an option in US (I believe you can get sunroofless F-Pace in UK). Maybe I will learn to enjoy panoramic sunroof. I had sunroof on one of my previous cars and quickly learned to dislike it and useless features, even I was thrilled at first - I thought it would look cool to have one! It did look cool but I almost never drove with sunroof open - too much noise for my liking. Plus over the years it started to leak...

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks beautiful. If only they could do the version of it with higher (or better adjustable) ground clearance like Audi allround I would be really tempted. Still F-Pace seems to be more practical for snow and occasional off-road trips. SVR version of this wagon would be a killer.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Absolutely 100% despite the look of wagons. Hatchback vehicles like the Audi A/S7 for example are beautiful, but I hate hatchbacks. I will say this is the best looking hatch I've seen, but still hate it :).

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
575 Posts
I like wagons as well and that's why I felt it would be close call for me. I had my eyes set for XC70 but those got discontinued starting 2017. I test-drove XC90 and I did not fell in love with it.
This was the car I sold to get my F-Pace ..and also the last Volvo I would consider owning until they get rid of those 2.0L 4 cyl engine as the only choice to consumers.

2012 XC70 T6 with Polestar and a few visual mods. With 380 ft. lbs torque (with the tune), it surprised many people0:)

To those who don't like wagons...you're missing out. The right style has the power and handling of it's sedan brethren with more utility than most SUVs. But the styling isn't for everyone. I myself despise hot hatches, but don't consider a wagon to be a "hatchback" at all due to size and utility. And the A/S7 Audi or the old Merc CC are NOT hatchbacks...those are hideous examples of a sedan/coupe abomination, imho.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This was the car I sold to get my F-Pace ..and also the last Volvo I would consider owning until they get rid of those 2.0L 4 cyl engine as the only choice to consumers.

2012 XC70 T6 with Polestar and a few visual mods. With 380 ft. lbs torque (with the tune), it surprised many people0:)

To those who don't like wagons...you're missing out. The right style has the power and handling of it's sedan brethren with more utility than most SUVs. But the styling isn't for everyone. I myself despise hot hatches, but don't consider a wagon to be a "hatchback" at all due to size and utility. And the A/S7 Audi or the old Merc CC are NOT hatchbacks...those are hideous examples of a sedan/coupe abomination, imho.
I was not aware that they offered 2.0L 4 cyl engine and I can see why it will turn away customers.

As far as your pros for wagons - I think we speak the same language. I do too think that they are more versatile than most cars, including comparable SUVs unless you plan for towing big ass boat or something like that. I don't know when wagons lost the cool factor but I think most people are quick to jump to conclusion that wagons are not cool for no reason what so ever. There are folks who don't like mini-vans and would avoid buying one (I is one) but I would not say others not to buy it if you need one and like one. I will be first to admit that mini-vans are more practical than wagons even. However folks who don't like wagons make it seem like it's a crime to like wagons. Ether way I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not. I would get wagon and I might get one some day.

Reactions: Dakar09

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I miss my wagon. 525hp of rear wheel drive screaming stuff, style, and could haul as much in the back as any SUV. I would consider the Sportbrake for sure!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I think it is a good looking vehicle. Clearly, it's going to handle a bit better, which slightly less load options, but I like the additional ride height we get with the F-pace.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think it is a good looking vehicle. Clearly, it's going to handle a bit better, which slightly less load options, but I like the additional ride height we get with the F-pace.
I hear you there about the extra height. Back in late 90s during SUV boom I was not big fan of SUVs until my coworker gave me a ride in her Ford Explorer. It took me another decade before I got one myself but I certainly notice that it's easier to get in and out of SUV compared to my significant other's sedan.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I hear you there about the extra height. Back in late 90s during SUV boom I was not big fan of SUVs until my coworker gave me a ride in her Ford Explorer. It took me another decade before I got one myself but I certainly notice that it's easier to get in and out of SUV compared to my significant other's sedan.
This is especially true for me as I get older and my knees get weaker. I kind of fall out of the F-Pace after Ice Hockey games now, when I had my lowered Accord Coupe I needed a crane to get me out of that thing after hockey games! :)

Reactions: NewToCats
1 - 16 of 16 Posts