Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last week I've had my BRG S wrapped with XPEL Ultimate and treated with Cilajet. This is probably the best it's ever going to look so I took it out for a nice drive and snapped a few photos. I'm heading up to Firestone CC in Akron, OH in a few weeks (350 miles, 5.5 hours), then straight to Blacksburg, VA for the VT Spring Game (347 miles, 5.5 hours), before heading back home (235 miles, 3.5 hours). Looking forward to spending that quality time with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
In the last week I've had my BRG S wrapped with XPEL Ultimate and treated with Cilajet. This is probably the best it's ever going to look so I took it out for a nice drive and snapped a few photos. I'm heading up to Firestone CC in Akron, OH in a few weeks (350 miles, 5.5 hours), then straight to Blacksburg, VA for the VT Spring Game (347 miles, 5.5 hours), before heading back home (235 miles, 3.5 hours). Looking forward to spending that quality time with it.
We want to see it. Forgot the VT spring game, there will be many more of those. Head on over to Harrisburg :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Beautiful..I love that color.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you go for the Xpel?
I went to Randy Coffey at Detail Authority off Fairfax Circle. The Cilajet was through jaguar Tyson's Corner due to the price they gave me. Otherwise I'd have had Randy do Opti Coat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the great pics, your S looks sweet. I got the Cilajet treatment done before handover. It looked pristine and sheds water well. But I've never had a vehicle show marks as much as this BRG does. Swirl marks, fine scratches, you name it. I have an appointment for the EXPEL Ultimate on 5/1. I know this is a new model and all, but I'd really like to have the whole S done. The pre-cut film for this vehicle is limited to the hood/fender/mirror/A pillar/rocker/bumper....
I would think that the doors would be on that list. I called the San Antonio offices and asked for the fpaceS to be added to the full template waiting list. The rep was very nice, but couldn't give me any date that it might be added...they get a lot of requests for a lot of cars. I figure I'm going to get the whole body done, since it's the door panels that have received the most fine scratches. It just costs a lot more for the installer to cut and apply the film to the areas that aren't on pre-cut inventory. Enjoy your travels MeBuff8Fan, that sounds like a great trip you're taking:laugh:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the great pics, your S looks sweet. I got the Cilajet treatment done before handover. It looked pristine and sheds water well. But I've never had a vehicle show marks as much as this BRG does. Swirl marks, fine scratches, you name it. I have an appointment for the EXPEL Ultimate on 5/1. I know this is a new model and all, but I'd really like to have the whole S done. The pre-cut film for this vehicle is limited to the hood/fender/mirror/A pillar/rocker/bumper....
I would think that the doors would be on that list. I called the San Antonio offices and asked for the fpaceS to be added to the full template waiting list. The rep was very nice, but couldn't give me any date that it might be added...they get a lot of requests for a lot of cars. I figure I'm going to get the whole body done, since it's the door panels that have received the most fine scratches. It just costs a lot more for the installer to cut and apply the film to the areas that aren't on pre-cut inventory. Enjoy your travels MeBuff8Fan, that sounds like a great trip you're taking:laugh:
Are they going to strip the Cilajet from your car before applying the XPEL? It's my understanding that the film won't adhere to a car that's already been treated with Cilajet, Ceramic Pro, Opti Coat, or any of the others. The guy who did mine wrapped the full hood, bumper, fenders, side mirrors and headlights. All edges are wrapped as well. In addition he added a 1/2" strip to the edge of each door for me. That's the only one you can see, but it's not really noticeable. If you want the full car wrapped I'm sure any decent detailer could do it.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Looking mighty nice there MeBuff8. I didn't go with the protectant's many of you have and I'm second guessing that. I'm going to need to get my F-Pace fully buffed and then treated when summer gets here. I've picked up some swirl marks over the last year. I am interested in understanding how that stuff stands up to the weather.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are they going to strip the Cilajet from your car before applying the XPEL? It's my understanding that the film won't adhere to a car that's already been treated with Cilajet, Ceramic Pro, Opti Coat, or any of the others. The guy who did mine wrapped the full hood, bumper, fenders, side mirrors and headlights. All edges are wrapped as well. In addition he added a 1/2" strip to the edge of each door for me. That's the only one you can see, but it's not really noticeable. If you want the full car wrapped I'm sure any decent detailer could do it.

You got the Cilajet applied and then stripped a few months later? Man I thought that would just help w/the shine before they buffed and added the Xpel film. I'll have to ask about that. I made them aware of the Cilajet application and they said, no problem. Whether that means, no problem to strip B4, or no problem to cover is the question. Thanks for the heads up. The fella proposed the same package that you had done, but for some reason its the door panels that are always getting fine scratches, so I guess I'll have those done as well.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Looking mighty nice there MeBuff8. I didn't go with the protectant's many of you have and I'm second guessing that. I'm going to need to get my F-Pace fully buffed and then treated when summer gets here. I've picked up some swirl marks over the last year. I am interested in understanding how that stuff stands up to the weather.
I got rid of my swirls last week. The scratches on the black gloss around the windows are gone too. After 10 months, it looks brand new again. They cleaned up the piano black glossy material around my gear shift knob and the cup cover. I don't have any scratches there either.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I got rid of my swirls last week. The scratches on the black gloss around the windows are gone too. After 10 months, it looks brand new again. They cleaned up the piano black glossy material around my gear shift knob and the cup cover. I don't have any scratches there either.
Sounds good Trek. I did a Zaino run around on it today before taking the new pics that I loaded up in my Garage of the new wheels. It looks plenty good from a few feet away and in the pics but when you get close, you can see the swirl marks. I'm going to take it to the guys that did my 3M Protectant film, and have them clay bar and detail the entire car, then probably apply Opticoat Pro.

I'm going to reach out to gjschwartzman first and make sure his Opticoat is holding up after his running it all winter. If he's still a fan, i'll get them to do it.

If not, maybe it's just a solid detail to get rid of the swirl marks and go another year.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You got the Cilajet applied and then stripped a few months later? Man I thought that would just help w/the shine before they buffed and added the Xpel film. I'll have to ask about that. I made them aware of the Cilajet application and they said, no problem. Whether that means, no problem to strip B4, or no problem to cover is the question. Thanks for the heads up. The fella proposed the same package that you had done, but for some reason its the door panels that are always getting fine scratches, so I guess I'll have those done as well.
I had the Xpel applied on 17-18 March and then the Cilajet applied over the Xpel on 24 March. I'm no expert but I was told that doing the Cilajet first would not work because the Xpel won't adhere at the point. I was also told that the Cilajet doesn't work quite as well on Xpel and that I may want to use the wax that Xpel has every so often. I'll keep an eye on them as they age. I did the Cilajet to make it easier to keep clean and the Xpel to protect it from chips. The front of my black Volvo looks like it's been sand blasted after 13 years.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the Xpel applied on 17-18 March and then the Cilajet applied over the Xpel on 24 March. I'm no expert but I was told that doing the Cilajet first would not work because the Xpel won't adhere at the point. I was also told that the Cilajet doesn't work quite as well on Xpel and that I may want to use the wax that Xpel has every so often. I'll keep an eye on them as they age. I did the Cilajet to make it easier to keep clean and the Xpel to protect it from chips. The front of my black Volvo looks like it's been sand blasted after 13 years.
So you're telling me I did mine a*s backwards:eek:
figures.........

·
Registered
204 Posts
I went to Randy Coffey at Detail Authority off Fairfax Circle. The Cilajet was through jaguar Tyson's Corner due to the price they gave me. Otherwise I'd have had Randy do Opti Coat.
How long did you wait to have the Cilajet done at Tyson's? I also got a great price after initially rejecting it. Hoping they'll contact me soon to bring it in for the treatment.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sounds good Trek. I did a Zaino run around on it today before taking the new pics that I loaded up in my Garage of the new wheels. It looks plenty good from a few feet away and in the pics but when you get close, you can see the swirl marks. I'm going to take it to the guys that did my 3M Protectant film, and have them clay bar and detail the entire car, then probably apply Opticoat Pro.

I'm going to reach out to gjschwartzman first and make sure his Opticoat is holding up after his running it all winter. If he's still a fan, i'll get them to do it.

If not, maybe it's just a solid detail to get rid of the swirl marks and go another year.
I have Opticoat Pro (over protective film) and it still looks great. It's only been 5 months, and we didn't much of a winter in NoVa, but in case you were looking for a testimonial...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Car looks great.
All that wrapping is kind of like grandmas old couch with the plastic on it. :eek:
I like to apply a coat of wax on my cars 2 or 3 times a year. In a few years when I trade it in the next owner still gets a nice car, and I don't have to worry about the cost, and care of applying a wrap. ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How long did you wait to have the Cilajet done at Tyson's? I also got a great price after initially rejecting it. Hoping they'll contact me soon to bring it in for the treatment.
I dropped it off in the morning and got a loaner. Went to Westwood CC for a round of golf and went back to pick it up. It was about 4-5 hours.

The wrap took parts of two days. I dropped it off on a Friday morning and picked it up around 3:30 on Saturday. I keep my cars a long time so it's worth the protection.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts