Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tested a 2020 SVR a few months ago and loved it but was waiting for the 2021s to come in to test. Finally got to drive the 2021 on Monday, which was good, although the exhaust definitely sounded muted compared to the 2020.

I like the updates to the exterior for 2021, but either way, they both look good, and I could take or leave the updates to the interior. Pivi pro and the new screen definitely seems like a gem though, and I've heard bad things about the old inconnect system, though I haven't really explored it in depth since I wasn't planning on getting a 2020 at the time.

Now, I missed an order cutoff period waiting for the 2021 demo, so ordering a 2021 to spec would leave me waiting until October at this point. There is a 2020 model in the colour and spec I would want available now though, and I'm wondering if it's worth getting instead. To those familiar with both the old system and the new, would you suggest pivi pro is that much better to wait for? Or is there anything else I'm forgetting about that's a big upgrade? I much prefer the 2020 black rims as well, which the dealer said would be a $9600 option to add on for 2021.

·
Registered
1967 Massey Ferguson 165
70 Posts
Mate,

This is not an easy question to answer and you're going to get the pros and cons of going either way. If you can get the colour and options you want on a 2020 and the you can get it yesterday and the price is right, then I would go with the 2020. I'm sure that plenty of others will say wait the six months for the 2021, but "we were put here for a good time, not a long time". Just my opinion. YMMV.

Stu

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree: the 2020 black wheels are far better looking than the 2021 black wheels (IMO, of course). Luckily for you, if you want the 2020 black wheels, exact replicas are available on ebay for about $2300 USD shipped: 22" 5 SPOKE GLOSS BLACK STAGGERED STYLE FORGED WHEELS FIT FOR JAGUAR F PACE SVR | eBay.

We bought these for winter and the quality has been excellent. Also included were center caps and "SVR" etched into the raised portion of the wheel. I also have a link for affordable and correctly programmed OEM TPS, if you end up going this route.

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace 35t Prestige - BRG on Latte, Tech pack, 20" Wheels
11 Posts
As nice as the new interior is, I'd probably save my money and try and get a screaming deal on a 2020

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had a late 2019 it was a tough decision but I let it go and ordered the new model (still not arrived) but 100% go for the new one much better inside also .3 of a second quicker to 60 . As above get the silver wheels and spray them black if you like them as they are the same style .the interior on the old one is slightly dated .but I’ve heard there’s also pivi pro connection issues

·
Registered
23 Posts
As someone who has owned 489 cars (I never even drove any F pace or even sat in one until a few weeks ago), I can say this much. If you did not mind the old interior and did not think the car drove differently, (other than sound) keeping in mind that I don't know your driving style or past car experience then I suggest you weigh the fact that you should get a very good deal on 2020 but in my experience when big changes are made in model years the before update cars end up being worth far less than the normal model year vs mileage value change. What you save now may not be as much as you loose when you decide to make a move on. They made a lot of changes to the 2021 model that depending on your driving style you may not even notice. I am one of those who are glad the 2021 has none of the pops and other noises I have sports cars that you cannot have a conversation at normal level with someone while driving I don't need that in a vehicle like the F Pace.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
21 SVR model has the same rims in silver you could get them painted...$800 option
You can also get them blasted and gloss powdercoated for appx 100.00 a wheel any color you like...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wasn’t keen on the 21 alloys at first but love them now. View attachment 73401
Seriously that looks amazing in that light . You’ve got the best colour there to blend the plastic grey body kit in even the grey inserts in the wheels blend it all in together. I can’t see the inside but if in red that would match the brake callipers “what a beast “

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seriously that looks amazing in that light . You’ve got the best colour there to blend the plastic grey body kit in even the grey inserts in the wheels blend it all in together. I can’t see the inside but if in red that would match the brake callipers “what a beast “
Thanks .. yea it goes very well the great and black combo. I am not a fan of coloured interiors so it’s the black / grey I have. 👍

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks .. yea it goes very well the great and black combo. I am not a fan of coloured interiors so it’s the black / grey I have. 👍
I’ve ordered black seats with alcantara inserts . What do you think of them good quality?
Is that a nardo grey Ford I can see behind you

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve ordered black seats with alcantara inserts . What do you think of them good quality?
Is that a nardo grey Ford I can see behind you
That's the same seats as i have. Seem to be very good quality as does the whole interior. Yes thats my daughters ST3 Focus parked in the drive stealth grey :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's the same seats as i have. Seem to be very good quality as does the whole interior. Yes thats my daughters ST3 Focus parked in the drive stealth grey :)
that’s good to know . I saw your video on YouTube hence seeing the st I thought that looks a familiar backdrop lol . The car also sounds as good as the old one did even yo spec

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. I've been trying to get to the dealer to check out the 2020s again as I was focused more on the engine than anything else the first drive, but haven't made it yet. I'd still be interested in people's opinions of the old infotainment and if it still has issues with the latest updates, and/or how it compares to pivi if anyine has used both. I haven't done a lot of research on it as I just assumed I'd get the latest one.

I agree: the 2020 black wheels are far better looking than the 2021 black wheels (IMO, of course). Luckily for you, if you want the 2020 black wheels, exact replicas are available on ebay for about $2300 USD shipped: 22" 5 SPOKE GLOSS BLACK STAGGERED STYLE FORGED WHEELS FIT FOR JAGUAR F PACE SVR | eBay.

We bought these for winter and the quality has been excellent. Also included were center caps and "SVR" etched into the raised portion of the wheel. I also have a link for affordable and correctly programmed OEM TPS, if you end up going this route.
Do you know if these are the same material as the OEM ones? I think the OEMs are magnesium to save weight, and I'm wondering if adding heavier rims would affect the ride and/or potentially cause warranty problems with suspension.

2021 F Pace SVR not just a Pivi Pro update but an important torque converter update which allows a modest torque boost AND new launch control. Many other things have changed, read all about it here: THUNDERING PERFORMANCE AND LUXURY: NEW JAGUAR F-PACE SVR DEBUTS | Jaguar Homepage USA

I wonder if there is a way to make the exhaust go back to the fuel overruns, pops , and snaps of the 2020 and earlier?
I heard about the torque converter, but to be honest, I really didn't feel a noticeable different in the engine in terms of torque. I'd say it felt a bit more refined at higher speeds, but it also didn't seem as beastly when putting the pedal down. Though perhaps that's just the exhaust causing me to feel that way.

I wasn’t keen on the 21 alloys at first but love them now. View attachment 73401
They definitely look much nicer there than in most press photos and especially on the configurator. I'd be great to see them in person but the dealer didn't have any.

·
Registered
34 Posts
2021 F Pace SVR not just a Pivi Pro update but an important torque converter update which allows a modest torque boost AND new launch control. Many other things have changed, read all about it here: THUNDERING PERFORMANCE AND LUXURY: NEW JAGUAR F-PACE SVR DEBUTS | Jaguar Homepage USA

I wonder if there is a way to make the exhaust go back to the fuel overruns, pops , and snaps of the 2020 and earlier?
Man, I am so glad I got my fully loaded FP-S, 380hp, SC back in 2017. This may have been the last model year before they started neutering the pristine exhaust system of the FP. Going on my 5th year now & this baby is still a blast to drive. The growl, pop and back-wash of the pipes on start-up & manually going through the gears just never gets old.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you know if these are the same material as the OEM ones? I think the OEMs are magnesium to save weight, and I'm wondering if adding heavier rims would affect the ride and/or potentially cause warranty problems with suspension.
The replicas are forged aluminum. I believe the OEM ones are also forged aluminum. I've dragged both sets up onto my tire racks about 10 feet off the ground, and they both cause my old back about the same level of distress (they weigh the same).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts