Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way to keep the wood trim clean and conditioned? I was hoping that Jaguar offered a cleaner/polish for wood like they do for the leather, but I haven't been able to locate anything. Should I just treat this like I would any other piece of wood furniture, i.e. with Bona wood cleaner or the like? Since I have the satin burl ash, I don't want to do anything that would clog the open pores, so I'm thinking some things like orange oil might not be a good idea. On the other hand, I don't want the wood to dry out and develop cracks or splits over time.

Anyone who has owned other Jags with natural wood trim for a while have any insight on this?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
"Anyone who has owned other Jags with natural wood trim for a while have any insight on this?"

Interesting question, one I had not thought of, but now will. I also have the Burl Ash, and yes, it does have texture and open grain, so I agree that something that would clean without coating would be best.

My other Jag also has natural wood trim, well, not really trim, an entire PLANK of the stuff, but it is covered in so much polyurethane that I use a very diluted Windex and microfiber to get the smudges off. Not the same as the trim on this wonderful F-Pace.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
We have the burl ash too. It appears to have a coating, albeit not a traditional clear coat or varnish. I usually clean it with a spritz of interior cleaner onto the towel (never directly onto the surface) and lightly wipe away. If it got soiled enough I suspect you could use a board hair type brush with some very diluted interior cleaner and brush it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've got the other wood, can't think of the name of it but I hate it. If someone comes up with something that can clean off the look of mid eighties cheap Detroit plastic I'd love to know how...

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I thought ALL the finish trim pieces were plastic !!!
I had no idea that the Wood Finishes were REALLY Wood !!! I have the "Aluminum Mesh" , but it definitely AIN'T "Aluminum" , it be plastic , made to LOOK like Aluminum !!! ;)
Are you sure your Wood Finish Trim AIN'T just plastic , made to LOOK like Wood ??? >:)
I am only referring to the F-Pace that is !!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm going on what's said, were I forced to swear what I thought it was I'd go plastic. Not just plastic, cheap plastic.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought ALL the finish trim pieces were plastic !!!
I had no idea that the Wood Finishes were REALLY Wood !!! I have the "Aluminum Mesh" , but it definitely AIN'T "Aluminum" , it be plastic , made to LOOK like Aluminum !!! ;)
Are you sure your Wood Finish Trim AIN'T just plastic , made to LOOK like Wood ??? >:)
I am only referring to the F-Pace that is !!!
It's absolutely wood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts