Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to have my fuel use rate displayed as I drive so I can see what heavy traffic, highway speed, fast acceleration,etc. does to my mileage. The only thing is here in Canada it states liters/100k. but the idea is the same.
Lately, after the last dealer servicing ,it has become more and more unstable.
Before that, each time I reset for another trip, it would start around 50 l/100k and after a few k would settle down to a believable number like 15 or so in town.
Now it just jumps all over the place 0, 99, 30, 2 , 40 etc. (totally useless) Called the dealer today and set up an appointment for 2 wks. from now.
Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem, and if they got it fixed ok.:|

·
Registered
591 Posts
Before that, each time I reset for another trip, it would start around 50 l/100k and after a few k would settle down to a believable number like 15 or so in town.
Now it just jumps all over the place 0, 99, 30, 2 , 40 etc. (totally useless)
Almost certainly your display mode has changed from trip mileage to instantaneous mileage. Hit the end of the turn signal stalk to change modes and the the mileage display you want should look the same but with an extra character (a theta? can't tell what it is really) on one side.
hth

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost certainly your display mode has changed from trip mileage to instantaneous mileage. Hit the end of the turn signal stalk to change modes and the the mileage display you want should look the same but with an extra character (a theta? can't tell what it is really) on one side.
hth
Thanks for the suggestion. There is no mention of 'instantaneous' mileage in the manual but it could very well be that is what I was seeing. I found if I cycle through all the various trip displays a second time after resetting the mpg. part, it behaves as it should. But I never had to do that until a software update was installed. So we'll see what happens after the next few resets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts