Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very basic question. Do the wipers pull out (away from the glass)? We had snow yesterday and I tried to pull them away from the window (as I did with my other cars) but couldn't figure out how to do it on my F Pace. Am I missing something? Thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Very basic question. Do the wipers pull out (away from the glass)? We had snow yesterday and I tried to pull them away from the window (as I did with my other cars) but couldn't figure out how to do it on my F Pace. Am I missing something? Thanks.
From the manual regarding the service position:

Before changing a wiper blade, the wiper arms must be set in the service position as follows:

1. Make sure the ignition is switched off.
  2. Switch the ignition on and then off again.
  3. Immediately press the wash/wipe control to its lowest position, as if to command a single wipe. Hold this position while switching on the ignition again. The wipers move to the service position. See WIPER OPERATION.
  4. When the new parts have been fitted, switch the ignition off. The wipers return to the park position.

Reactions: OneTwo

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
As has been discussed in another thread around here somewhere..it would be wise to place a towel on the back edge of the hood once you have the wipers up in service position, in case they return to the park position before you're done....But you should have plenty of time to replace the blades before that happens...And no..you probably don't have the WINTER MODE option..check your system settings.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This design is a real problem. As I was driving snow built up under the wiper blades eventually blocking the washer jet nozzles. Defrost and windshield heater did not reach down low enough to melt the ice/snow from in front of the washer jets. On salted roads with no washer jets, you very quickly cant see out the window.

The wiper blades in the rest position lock the snow/ice in place blocking the jets. Had to pull over do this procedure, clear the snow out from in front of the jets. Ridiculous!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
This design is a real problem. As I was driving snow built up under the wiper blades eventually blocking the washer jet nozzles. Defrost and windshield heater did not reach down low enough to melt the ice/snow from in front of the washer jets. On salted roads with no washer jets, you very quickly cant see out the window.

The wiper blades in the rest position lock the snow/ice in place blocking the jets. Had to pull over do this procedure, clear the snow out from in front of the jets. Ridiculous!!
I agree, this wiper design is half-baked! One must scoup out any snow that has accumulated in the hood-to-windshield gap. This is especially annoying when one finds alot of snow has built up on your parked car or, as MarkF2 mentions, while driving. On my other cars, one can manually lift the wiper arm and leave it up while parked in a snowstorm or cleaning the windshield: no ignition on/off then push button nonsense that I have to read while cursing the idiot who designed/approved this crap each time I try it. Jaguar should relocate the wiper sprayers to the wiper arm as some other manufacturers have done.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
And no..you probably don't have the WINTER MODE option..check your system settings.
Whatever became of the WINTER mode issue? Did anyone ever figure out who got it and why?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Whatever became of the WINTER mode issue? Did anyone ever figure out who got it and why?
Howdy..I think it was determined that it came with the Cold weather package...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I went back to the original thread and it looks like no definitive answer on Winter mode.....though it was suspected to be more of a build date related add on (newer builds coming with, regardless of trim).

@DrivingMrAsher, since you just picked up El Jefe recently......can you confirm if you have the Winter mode for your wipers??

·
Registered
92 Posts
I went back to the original thread and it looks like no definitive answer on Winter mode.....though it was suspected to be more of a build date related add on (newer builds coming with, regardless of trim).

@DrivingMrAsher, since you just picked up El Jefe recently......can you confirm if you have the Winter mode for your wipers??
Alas, I cannot. I dropped El Jefe off for professional polishing, application of Xpel and CeramicPro. Should have it back next Monday. Will report back to you then on the Winter Wiper question.

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
255 Posts
My build date was 1/31/2017. I took delivery on 2/27/2017.

I have the Winter Wiper Mode.

I have an S trim with the Technology Package and Heated Windshield. I wonder if it's something that's included with the heated windshield. Or maybe it's just a later version of whatever software controls the vehicle settings.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Is the stream from the windshield fluid supposed to hit the wiper arm instead of the middle area of the windshield? What a terrible design, I almost had to pull over on the highway because of salt build up and the washer fluid would not get rid of it. Just trying to figure out if they should be aimed higher or if that's the design.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have winter wiper mode. Build date 12/6/16
In settings

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have winter wiper mode. Build date 12/6/16
In settings
Hmm, not a super new build but after the Nov price jump. Maybe that's what the extra $1K was for! ;)

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
The winter wiper mode is not tied to heated windshield, cold weather package, etc. I have them all and no winter mode. Still waiting for an answer from my svc dept. but appears to be a development on more recent builds.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I checked this out with my service rep who call NA Jag technical assistance. They said I do not have the required hardware for the winter wiper park feature and that no retrofit is available. Based on this it is more than a software upgrade.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I checked this out with my service rep who call NA Jag technical assistance. They said I do not have the required hardware for the winter wiper park feature and that no retrofit is available. Based on this it is more than a software upgrade.

Well, that sucks for the early builds then. :(

Reactions: DPK

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Yeah, but you got to send the car to the UK to get the software upgraded...

Never mind..we've already been down this road....Haven't we MTHM?>:)

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yeah, but you got to send the car to the UK to get the software upgraded...

Never mind..we've already been down this road....Haven't we MTHM?>:)
Well I'm glad to see your back to normal. Although I'm not sure of the definition of normal in this case :D

Reactions: DPK

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
I now have winter wiper mode just in time for our first 90+ degree day. LOVE MY DEALER'S SERVICE DEPARTMENT! FYI, they could not determine when Jaguar dropped winter wiper mode into builds. When this question came up originally they went out and checked two cars on the lot (2017's). One had it and one didn't.

Well now I have it. Works well, wipers stay a couple of inches up from hood. Controlled in the vehicle settings/convenience features menu. Side note, also had occasional problems with CD player freezing up when ripping CDs. They replaced the USB cable harness something leading to CD player. Haven't tested it but that was the recommended Topix fix.

If anyone else wants to pursue this here's the work order record so you can show to your service department:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts