Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that winter is over...

Those with the optional heated windshield: how did it work? Comments?

Same question for those of you in snow locales without this option.

Thanks.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Worked fine. No problems. Yes it snows here

·
Registered
183 Posts
Worked fine. No problems. Yes it snows here

yes it snows here too but i can add ice to that(freezing rain)...a great help

Reactions: Caymus

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Unfortunately my car spends a lot of time in parking garages and even when it wasn't it, if it was to cold out I would just remote start it and warm the car up and at that point the windshield was already doing fine. If you live in a state where winter is really bad I would recommend getting it, even if it is only for resale value.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My car is parked outside under a carport. Although I don't get coated with snow, I do have ice on the windshield on winter mornings. Remote start with the windshield de-icer engaged and I'm ready to go without scraping! Even when I forget to remote start, the electronic de-icer works really quickly. Great accessory!!

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
When I needed it I really needed it and greatly appreciated it. Well worth the cost in several temporary blizzards on I70 at night as well as a late night mountain pass crossing at 5 below.

Reactions: JocDoc

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These responses are a great help. Thanks.
Now... if you have the heated windshield then the inside mount E-Z Pass transponder will not work.
So... the next question... how does the external transponder work for you? It seems rather exposed to being smashed located on the front bumper.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Now... if you have the heated windshield then the inside mount E-Z Pass transponder will not work.
So... the next question... how does the external transponder work for you? It seems rather exposed to being smashed located on the front bumper.
That is not true. The inside mount EZ Pass transponder works fine. You need to mount it on the top part of the windshield behind the mirror.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The heated windshield also works well in the summer when you are soaking wet from torrential downpours, your car windows are starting to fog up, but it's still hot as **** and you want to run the A/C. Works like a charm then!

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
154 Posts
That is not true. The inside mount EZ Pass transponder works fine. You need to mount it on the top part of the windshield behind the mirror.
EZ Pass did not work consistently for me. Not sure if that's due to heated windshield or the sandwiched solar shield, but it worked about half the time. Switched to the license plate model, works ALL the time. This is VA Greenbelt, 495 around DC, etc.

Maybe it varies from car-to-car, but the Fpace is on the VA "does not work in this car" list, so I've accepted it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
For anyone living in an area with regular snow/ice/freezing rain I'd highly recommend the heated windshield.

It's been particularly good when the vehicle is encased in ice after being parked outside during freezing rain (you know the kind where you pretty much need a chisel to get into the car) as well as driving through heavy snowfall.

What is nice is that it at low temperatures it activates automatically upon starting -- remote or direct - so the windshield is ready to go before you are.

·
Registered
183 Posts
EZ Pass did not work consistently for me. Not sure if that's due to heated windshield or the sandwiched solar shield, but it worked about half the time. Switched to the license plate model, works ALL the time. This is VA Greenbelt, 495 around DC, etc.

Maybe it varies from car-to-car, but the Fpace is on the VA "does not work in this car" list, so I've accepted it.
I agree . It is not consistent.It happened to me two days ago on I 90. I spoke with ez pass customer service.They are sending me a rear plate mount. Will update later.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The heated windshield also works well in the summer when you are soaking wet from torrential downpours, your car windows are starting to fog up, but it's still hot as **** and you want to run the A/C. Works like a charm then!
I saw snow in other places that get snow on TV during the winter and was glad I had the heated windshield. :) All seriousness aside here in rainy Seattle it does work great as a defogger. I'm ashamed to say it took me about a month of ownership to think of trying it...

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I do not have the Heated Windshield , but I use this same Theory with the Side View Mirrors , except for Water Build Up ! On the damp mornings when I go to work , and the Mirrors are covered in Water , I turn the Rear Window Heater ON (which also controls the Side Mirror Heaters) , and the Water is GONE in a few minutes ! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree . It is not consistent.It happened to me two days ago on I 90. I spoke with ez pass customer service.They are sending me a rear plate mount. Will update later.
Was not aware that there is a rear mount transponder... will have to check the website. I would love to see your BRG F-Pace. I live 2 miles off I-90, so if your get to my area let me know.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Was not aware that there is a rear mount transponder... will have to check the website. I would love to see your BRG F-Pace. I live 2 miles off I-90, so if your get to my area let me know.
Likewise here, replacing my window mount with a plate mount (front) but hiding it somewhere within the grill area rather than drilling for a front plate.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If a windshield were to be cracked (needed to be replaced) do we think that the dealership would be able to replace it with the heated windshield as an add on (for those of us that do not have it)?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Update... when i spoke to ezpass the first time the representative informed me that Jaguar is one of the car listed and needs a rear plate mount and not front plate mount. I questioned again what is the difference and I was told that Jaguar is on the list . I got the outside mount (front) last week and when i called again I was told it was a mistake and was advised to return and another new rear license plate mount will be mailed.I did that as requested. Today I got a package from ezpass with just mounting screws for the plate mount.I called again and this time I was informed that there is no such thing as rear plate mount ezpass. Hmm. here we go again. Typical governmental agency right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.So i asked what is the solution? The answer I got was keep going thru the ezpass lane with your inside windshield mount and if it reads then OK and if it does not read , then the camera takes picture of the rear plate and search the account and automatic deduct from it.

>:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update... when i spoke to ezpass the first time the representative informed me that Jaguar is one of the car listed and needs a rear plate mount and not front plate mount. I questioned again what is the difference and I was told that Jaguar is on the list . I got the outside mount (front) last week and when i called again I was told it was a mistake and was advised to return and another new rear license plate mount will be mailed.I did that as requested. Today I got a package from ezpass with just mounting screws for the plate mount.I called again and this time I was informed that there is no such thing as rear plate mount ezpass. Hmm. here we go again. Typical governmental agency right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.So i asked what is the solution? The answer I got was keep going thru the ezpass lane with your inside windshield mount and if it reads then OK and if it does not read , then the camera takes picture of the rear plate and search the account and automatic deduct from it.

>:)
:eek:. Why would it not work on the front license plate? It's not hidden under anything is it? I look forward to this insanity being resolved. Thanks for the doing the research.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts