Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there the ability to have the headlights/taillights go on automatically when wipers are turned on? Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is there the ability to have the headlights/taillights go on automatically when wipers are turned on? Thanks.
It's my observation that the headlights do automatically come on at a certain point when the wipers are triggered. I have my wipers on automatic and during a continuous rain, the headlights turn on and off automatically.

Reactions: PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Pretty sure the auto on/off headlights are triggered by ambient light, which just so happens to be low enough when its raining for them to come on. Doubt it has anything to do with the windshield wipers.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
If true, that's too bad because in a blinding daytime rain, your headlights should be on. On my JGC, headlights come on automatically when wipers sense rain and turn on....

Reactions: JocDoc and Gorgon

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If true, that's too bad because in a blinding daytime rain, your headlights should be on. On my JGC, headlights come on automatically when wipers sense rain and turn on....
Same with my Grand Cherokee. That's why I asked. But our Audi does not. Audi dealer said lights would go on during rain as light level is low. Tested that today. Not true. Light level was not low enough. Must be a European car thing.
But no big deal. In the old days I was able to turn headlights on manually!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts