Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or do the windshield wipers suck on this car. Not happy and its so new can't find any after market wipers anywhere.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wipers are great! Way better than the ones on my previous RRS

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have to agree with JeffPace. Does it have autowipe on the rear as well as the front? We started to get some drops and before I knew it the rear wiper took a swipe but the front did not.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
>:)>:)>:) I've had mine for almost a month and the car has not seen the rain yet. >:)>:)>:)

I'll be sure to post when she gets wet.

·
Registered
232 Posts
A little bit of stutter on the drivers side wiper, but otherwise, I find them to work very well. Not as sensitive on auto as my S4 but still very good. Wipers themselves seem good quality with no streaking and I have been through some very heavy downpours!

Reactions: Peter

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'll renew this one... and they do SUCK...
They stutter step all across the windshield in a light rain... You can tell by their construction that they are the cheapest thing they could get from a vendor....

Bosch Icons on the way !!

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
I'll renew this one... and they do SUCK...
They stutter step all across the windshield in a light rain... You can tell by their construction that they are the cheapest thing they could get from a vendor....

Bosch Icons on the way !!
Easy enough to replace with quality blades, I went Rainx winter blades. Probably time for me to get new ones for this winter.

Reactions: stbentoak

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Easy enough to replace with quality blades, I went Rainx winter blades. Probably time for me to get new ones for this winter.

Easy for you to say ! It looks like Jag arm does not have std J arms on their wipers, but a proprietary swaged on snap connector that doesn't look like it can be transferred to common J arm replacements.. How did you get around that?? Buy new arms?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have to agree with JeffPace. Does it have autowipe on the rear as well as the front? We started to get some drops and before I knew it the rear wiper took a swipe but the front did not.
Apparently so. I've seen the same thing.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I figured this out after a little research, It was a type of connector I had never seen before. Bought Trico Onyx blades with correct adaptor and worked perfectly. Now I am edjumacated!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I don't have the stutter but the blade material is sub-par. Best OEM wipers I ever had were Volvos, and this falls way short. The passenger side already has two streaking spots at 6000 miles.

Was Trico the only brand that came with the special adapter? I'm not a fan of that brand (Bosch Icon is preferred).

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Easy for you to say ! It looks like Jag arm does not have std J arms on their wipers, but a proprietary swaged on snap connector that doesn't look like it can be transferred to common J arm replacements.. How did you get around that?? Buy new arms?
Honestly I went to an auto parts store, not sure which one but it's buried in a thread somewhere on here (AutoZone??), picked out the Rainx in correct sizes and the checkout guy came out and popped them on for me. It didn't take any part over and above what was in RainX winter wiper package and the blades work fine.

Reactions: stbentoak

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I don't have the stutter but the blade material is sub-par. Best OEM wipers I ever had were Volvos, and this falls way short. The passenger side already has two streaking spots at 6000 miles.

Was Trico the only brand that came with the special adapter? I'm not a fan of that brand (Bosch Icon is preferred).
Yes, I jumped the gun and ordered Icons without looking at the connector..(Assuming it would come with whatever needed..) When they came the Icons were only for J hooks and had nothing to adapt to what the F Pace had. I then ASSUMED the F Pace must have had a unique connector. ( Which it doesn't...) but I was not familiar with this push button type.

Rain X and Trico come with this Button adapter, so they work naturally out of the box. I learned this the hard way, but I can put the Icons on my daughters car and we survived it.... 52.00 for Trico Onyx ! What the **** happened to 4.00 ANCO slip in refills? Wipers have sure changed in the last 30+ years! :eek:

·
Registered
255 Posts
And the manual describes an interesting procedure for getting the wipers in the service position. I haven't tried it yet. Never had to do anything like that to service a wiper before.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
And the manual describes an interesting procedure for getting the wipers in the service position. I haven't tried it yet. Never had to do anything like that to service a wiper before.
I tried it following the wiper positioning instructions and they still wouldn't stop mid window, they always went back home.... ( also even on a 2018 I do not have the winter wiper position thing on mine....). I solved this problem by opening the hood and changing them under the hood. Couldn't have been any easier. Learned something new again today....:laugh:

Reactions: Dakar09 and VZX-CO

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Be GLAD you got that *Feature* !!! The EARLY '17s didn't have it !!! The '18s came with it !!!

But , apparently now *BY REQUEST* , we can get it installed into the system by the Dealer !!!;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I tried it following the wiper positioning instructions and they still wouldn't stop mid window, they always went back home.... ( also even on a 2018 I do not have the winter wiper position thing on mine....). I solved this problem by opening the hood and changing them under the hood. Couldn't have been any easier. Learned something new again today....:laugh:
Now THAT is good to know! Thanks stbentoak!!

Reactions: stbentoak and GRVR
1 - 20 of 21 Posts