Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Windshield Sun Shade

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  LeonidasPearson 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.

I recently purchased a 2017 F-Pace which I unfortunately do not have room to park in my garage. So, it sits outside in in the Texas heat and the black interior gets HOT. Looking for recommendations on sun shades that work best for an F-Pace. Which work best and any I should stay away from?

Thank you.

#4 ·
Also got the OEM sunshade at delivery. I think it’s kind of lame to have logos and stuff on a sunshade, and the price is 3-4x what you’ll pay on amazon for something similar, but it does work well and folds relatively compact. it’s not really convenient to keep it anywhere but the trunk, and may not fit if you’ve added a radar detector and/or dashcam.

#6 ·
I lived in TX before moving to NV and you need a effective and convenient sunshade in both these states.
I have used Eclipse retractable shades on the last 4 cars (and the wife's ones too) and anyone who sees you close them quickly with no messing about, wants one. I have them in my 2017 F-PACE 20d and couldn't be happier, it's worth the extra cost.

#7 ·
The Jag sunshades are basically cardboard panel-folding ones, and will work if you don't mind losing your back seats to store them, or going to the trunk to store them and retrieve them every time you need them. I've used the wire-rimmed popup/folding fabric shades that compress into a round, thin shape, and can fit in most seatback pouches. Here's an example of the style: Amazon.com: Shade-It Car Windshield Sun Shade Durable 210T Polyester Heat Block UV Protection Sunshades - Sunlight Blocker Reflective Sun Visor Car Window Shade - Easy Storage Sunshade Car Accessories (Large) : Automotive

#8 ·
I live in Singapore and ordered a set of shades from China. They are custom made to fit every window (even the rear triangular panel) and windshield. But I checked with the supplier and he doesn't ship to USA. Worthwhile to see if there are any online retailers in your part of the world. They are very cheap. I paid about USD 200 for the whole set. they are foldable/ twisting as well.

#11 ·
i found one on clearance at walmart. It fits about 90% well. Its a bronze color with no logos.

To be honest, I did buy about 5 of them and they all fit different. The one i kept has lasted 3 years of living outdoors in the Alabama sun and only lets in light at the corners a bit. .

#12 · (Edited)
I like the net curtains and the magnetic curtains. Both of which I have used for a white car. But since the black one absorbs more UV rays and heats up faster, you're better off with something that will let the rays through the surface without the magnet. I'm not witty enough to explain the laws of physics so easily, but take my word for it. I've never gotten magnetic blinds from manufacturers. I usually get them here https://snapshades.com.au/car-sun-protection-for-infants/. And yes, if you often pay through the window like McDonald's, the curtains will have to come off. You can't smoke in the window, either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.