Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I recently purchased a 2017 F-Pace which I unfortunately do not have room to park in my garage. So, it sits outside in in the Texas heat and the black interior gets HOT. Looking for recommendations on sun shades that work best for an F-Pace. Which work best and any I should stay away from?

Thank you.

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
85 Posts
My 21 SVR actually came with a windshield sun shade from Jaguar and it’s nice quality. Maybe consider this one if it fits the ‘17. I believe weathertech also makes them and I’ve found most of their products to be high quality.

·
Registered
2021 F Pace Eiger Grey, Gloss back package.
16 Posts
weathertech has a good one too. Can order online

·
Registered
343 Posts
Also got the OEM sunshade at delivery. I think it’s kind of lame to have logos and stuff on a sunshade, and the price is 3-4x what you’ll pay on amazon for something similar, but it does work well and folds relatively compact. it’s not really convenient to keep it anywhere but the trunk, and may not fit if you’ve added a radar detector and/or dashcam.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Rick.

Anyone have a preference between the roll up and folding style. Thinking the folding would be easier to put up and take down. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2017 Prestige Sapphire Diamond 20d with Latte/Espresso interior, vision/comfort/tech packages
6 Posts
I lived in TX before moving to NV and you need a effective and convenient sunshade in both these states.
I have used Eclipse retractable shades on the last 4 cars (and the wife's ones too) and anyone who sees you close them quickly with no messing about, wants one. I have them in my 2017 F-PACE 20d and couldn't be happier, it's worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Jag sunshades are basically cardboard panel-folding ones, and will work if you don't mind losing your back seats to store them, or going to the trunk to store them and retrieve them every time you need them. I've used the wire-rimmed popup/folding fabric shades that compress into a round, thin shape, and can fit in most seatback pouches. Here's an example of the style: Amazon.com: Shade-It Car Windshield Sun Shade Durable 210T Polyester Heat Block UV Protection Sunshades - Sunlight Blocker Reflective Sun Visor Car Window Shade - Easy Storage Sunshade Car Accessories (Large) : Automotive

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in Singapore and ordered a set of shades from China. They are custom made to fit every window (even the rear triangular panel) and windshield. But I checked with the supplier and he doesn't ship to USA. Worthwhile to see if there are any online retailers in your part of the world. They are very cheap. I paid about USD 200 for the whole set. they are foldable/ twisting as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@keet, those are pretty incredible at blocking out all the sunlight. I'll take a look. Looks like it would take a while to put up and take down.

Looking at CoverCraft but they are pricey.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@keet, those are pretty incredible at blocking out all the sunlight. I'll take a look. Looks like it would take a while to put up and take down.

Looking at CoverCraft but they are pricey.
Actually they are just 'snap' ins. Cos the edges are lined in flexi wires which allow twisting and bending. Removing is simply pulling off as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i found one on clearance at walmart. It fits about 90% well. Its a bronze color with no logos.

To be honest, I did buy about 5 of them and they all fit different. The one i kept has lasted 3 years of living outdoors in the Alabama sun and only lets in light at the corners a bit. .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts