Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I love my F pace. That said, I have a problem with the passenger side of the windshield. Looking through it from the driver's side, the windshield is wavy. The appearance is as if you were looking through running water or perhaps through an antique, 120 year old window. Looking through the windshield in this fashion makes lines on the road, fences, other cars, etc. appear wavy or curivlinear. Looking from the passenger side to the driver's side is normal, without the wavy effect.

The dealer wont replace the windshield. My dealer says the wavy effect is only because of the shape of the glass, and it is present to some degree in all F pace vehicles. I find this hard to believe and have never seen this on any other vehicle. I think there is an UV coating on the inside of the windshield, and maybe that is causing the issue?

Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
258 Posts
First, I love my F pace. That said, I have a problem with the passenger side of the windshield. Looking through it from the driver's side, the windshield is wavy. The appearance is as if you were looking through running water or perhaps through an antique, 120 year old window. Looking through the windshield in this fashion makes lines on the road, fences, other cars, etc. appear wavy or curivlinear. Looking from the passenger side to the driver's side is normal, without the wavy effect.

The dealer wont replace the windshield. My dealer says the wavy effect is only because of the shape of the glass, and it is present to some degree in all F pace vehicles. I find this hard to believe and have never seen this on any other vehicle. I think there is an UV coating on the inside of the windshield, and maybe that is causing the issue?

Does your dealer have any more F-Paces on the lot. If so tell him to show you the waviness on those vehicles. I have never experienced this issue and I have never seen it come up before on this forum.

Reactions: BrianD

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is your windshield the heated type? Some have complained that the mech lines (wire) in the glass effects the clarity. Mine is heated and while I can see the lines I don't see anything I would call waive. Like stormgrey stated check another side by side.

Reactions: BrianD and Jman97

·
Registered
116 Posts
I noticed similar on the F Pace i test drove. I was hoping it was a pre-production thing. My F pace's windshield is fine luckily.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My windshield is not heated. There aren't generally too many F paces at the dealer, but I'll swing by this weekend to check if any they have has my car's same issue. No matter what I find, I don't think having a wavy windshield should be acceptable.

·
Registered
933 Posts
It's not normal. Insist upon a new windshield and, if necessary, contact Jaguar customer service.

I have driven three FPs - mine and two tests drives - and have never seen this.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Tell your dealer to pull the Topix instructions for checking for windshield quality issues and follow them. Also call Jaguar and open a case with them. Would be great to see a pic of issue too,

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your dealer has spoken like a true used-car salesman would have (which may have been in his background in the past - "pay no attention to that man behind the screen!"). He's insane if he thinks that is a 'normal' occurrence on ANY type of windshield. I agree with VZX-CO. Either they correct this or open a case with Jag before this gets too old.

·
Registered
617 Posts

Had an issue with mine, it had what I would call "water staining" within the windshield itself. My service writer described it best; it looked like a logo for Monster drinks (see photo). It was only visible when the sun hit the windshield at the perfect angle and at that angle, only seen from the drivers side. My service writer said they felt it was on the outside of the glass and tried unsuccessfully numerous times to remove it. They ended up replacing my windshield at no cost to me. I agree with others, file complaint with JLR North America.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Our windshield looks a litttle wavy when turning and in specific lighting situations. Hard to capture in picture or video. I'm 99% confident it's because of the IR tint inside the glass. My S4 windshield is tinted and can look similar in certain situations too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts