Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my lovely F Pace on Christmas Eve day. I'm loving the car so much!!

But had ONE issue and wanted to check out if it's just my car :crying:

Picked up the car on 12/24/2016.
12/27/2016 drove on the freeway (880 in N. Cali) and got hit by small rock and got a crack on passenger side and it splitted all the way so changed the windshield with the genuine jaguar windshield on 01/03/2017
02/11/2017 drove on the freeway (880 in N. Cali) and got hit by small rock and got a crack on driver's side and it's starting to split........
I showed it to the window repair company and we was shocked that it chips and cracks so easily!!!

Anyone else have issues with the windshields?? Anything to spray to make it stronger??

Beside from this I just love it so much!!!!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Sorry this is happening to you, lass. There were quite a few of these reports during the summer. Some have theorized that the shape and tilt of the windshield is the culprit. I think it is just bad luck. Keep a stiff upper lip. You'll probably win the bloody lottery before this happens to you again. But one word of caution: never drive behind trucks on the highway. You are asking for a rock to spit up from the huge truck tires right into your windshield. Drives me crazy when my wife is content to sit behind a truck on the highway. You are asking for a cracked windshield when you do that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Trek for the quick reply. so agree with your comment on driving behind a truck and i never try to go behind them too =(

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was aware of the earlier reports so when a rock bounced off my windshield two weeks ago I panicked. After a thorough inspection I couldn't even find a chip. I must have gotten lucky.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Just out of curiosity , do you have the *Heated Windshield* ? If so , I wonder if those lines going through the Glass , make it weaker , and make it chip or split easier ??? Just a thought !!!

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
I've had a couple of hits with gravel but fingers crossed no cracks, dings yet in windshield but I cringe severely anytime it happens. It's mostly been from cars traveling the other way on two lane roads not trucks.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry this is happening to you, lass. There were quite a few of these reports during the summer. Some have theorized that the shape and tilt of the windshield is the culprit. I think it is just bad luck. Keep a stiff upper lip. You'll probably win the bloody lottery before this happens to you again. But one word of caution: never drive behind trucks on the highway. You are asking for a rock to spit up from the huge truck tires right into your windshield. Drives me crazy when my wife is content to sit behind a truck on the highway. You are asking for a cracked windshield when you do that.
This will be my third windscreen in less than 7 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts