Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Today, I left my window open a crack for a few hours. When I got back in my car and was driving, I tried to close the window, but the window would not close. I tried everything. I turned off the car and re-started it two or three times. Eventually, I managed to get it closed. But then it just opened right up again. It's like the window had a mind of its own, opening and closing all by itself. Finally I managed to get it closed again. I went to a gas station, turned off the car, and filled up. When I turned on the car again, the window started acting up again. After several tries, I got it to close and stay closed. On my drive home, as I was driving at 70 mph down the interstate, the window just randomly opened by itself. I could not get it to close because the control was not responding once again. When I finally got home, I turned off the car, started it up again, and rolled up the window, then just turned off the car and locked it immediately. I am not sure what is going on and what to do. I have a service appointment scheduled for Monday (for a creaking steering wheel; creaking front suspension or dashboard--not sure which one; ICTP issues; and a random sunroof issue). I am going to have to add this to the list.

I do not know what to do in the meantime. Has anyone had a similar issues? Anyone have any insight?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Just curious , You didn't by any chance NAME your F-pace "Christine" did you ??? >:) All jokes aside , the list of malfunctions on these things is getting a little ridiculous ! I said I was in it for the Long Haul , but I don't know how long I can keep the Wife's kettle from Boiling Over !!! :) GOOD LUCK !

Reactions: Kennoz and WhiteCat

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just curious , You didn't by any chance NAME your F-pace "Christine" did you ??? >:) All jokes aside , the list of malfunctions on these things is getting a little ridiculous ! I said I was in it for the Long Haul , but I don't know how long I can keep the Wife's kettle from Boiling Over !!! :) GOOD LUCK !
I haven't been able to pick a name yet, but Christine is for sure out! I am pretty disappointed. The first thousand miles were smooth sailing. But right after hitting that mark, all of these problems just hit all at once. :( but I haven't lost hope just yet.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
I haven't been able to pick a name yet, but Christine is for sure out! I am pretty disappointed. The first thousand miles were smooth sailing. But right after hitting that mark, all of these problems just hit all at once. :( but I haven't lost hope just yet.
I assume that means you know of the Movie "Christine" ? Anyway , we had very minor issues with ours at first (Radio Freeze Ups) , but not all the time ! However , just last week , we took it in for what I thought was going to be the "BIG ICTP Update" , but I don't think that is what I got ! But , unfortunately , it seems that NOW after whatever "Update" we got , the System is failing worse with more issues added to the list , and some of the old problems happening more frequently ! Like you , I haven't lost hope yet ! It is still a BEAST and a BEAUTIFUL SUV !

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Hi all,

Today, I left my window open a crack for a few hours. When I got back in my car and was driving, I tried to close the window, but the window would not close. I tried everything. I turned off the car and re-started it two or three times. Eventually, I managed to get it closed. But then it just opened right up again. It's like the window had a mind of its own, opening and closing all by itself. Finally I managed to get it closed again. I went to a gas station, turned off the car, and filled up. When I turned on the car again, the window started acting up again. After several tries, I got it to close and stay closed. On my drive home, as I was driving at 70 mph down the interstate, the window just randomly opened by itself. I could not get it to close because the control was not responding once again. When I finally got home, I turned off the car, started it up again, and rolled up the window, then just turned off the car and locked it immediately. I am not sure what is going on and what to do. I have a service appointment scheduled for Monday (for a creaking steering wheel; creaking front suspension or dashboard--not sure which one; ICTP issues; and a random sunroof issue). I am going to have to add this to the list.

I do not know what to do in the meantime. Has anyone had a similar issues? Anyone have any insight?

Thanks.
Never heard anyone mention this, more than likely is an isolated issue. There could be a wiring issue, but Ill say again, this seems like an isolated incident (thank god).

·
Super Moderator
1,878 Posts
The problem you are describing sounds like a problem that happens with may cars although not so much with framed windows (more so with coupes). It is called indexing. The window needs to know when to turn the motor off that controls the up and down function particularly the up function. If it did not know where to stop, the motor would continue to run. The other could be the safety feature that stops or lowers the window if there is an obstruction. I know this may not appear to be likely but both of those scenarios could be a possibility.

Usually the remedy for the indexing issue is to lower the window all the way then hold the window button up for several seconds after the window closes. That normally re-indexes the window. Not saying it will work here but there is a chance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As @MKenM said, Window Resets are usually needed when power is interrupted to the vehicle. Possible causes may be a loose connection to your battery, your vehicle was hit with an EMP, or from a really huge solar-flare from the sun. :D
Whatever caused it, follow the directions below (copied from the Owners Manual):

WINDOW RESET

The windows need to be reset if the battery is disconnected, becomes discharged, or the power supply is interrupted.

Once the power supply is restored, reset the windows as follows:
  1. Close the window fully.
  2. Release the switch, then lift it to the close position and hold for 2 seconds.
  3. Release the switch.
  4. Repeat the lift and release procedure twice more.
  5. Test the window for correct manual and automatic switch operation.
  6. Repeat the procedure on each window.
Hope this works for you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks.
I don't have mine yet, but I suspect there will be a fuse you can pull to disable the windows for now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the insight. I tried resetting, but the window still had a mind of its own a couple of times today. Will keep you posted on what Jaguar service folks sayou. Though I'm not happy that I have to leave work early three weeks into starting for service.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just a thought. Check that the rubber seal around the window opening is all seated correctly. Had a similar issue on my Lexus

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
New Topix Item-JTB00534NAS

SITUATION:

The windows may not lower/raise when using the driver's door switchpack. Upon diagnosis, Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) U200D-11 is found to be stored in the Driver Door Module (DDM).

CAUSE:

This may be caused by the door switchpack having a high inrush current spike for a very short time, exceeding the specified output of the field effect transistor driving it.

ACTION:

Should a Customer express this concern, follow the Service Instruction below.

The fix is a pretty simple reprogramming of window control modules.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The problem you are describing sounds like a problem that happens with may cars although not so much with framed windows (more so with coupes). It is called indexing. The window needs to know when to turn the motor off that controls the up and down function particularly the up function. If it did not know where to stop, the motor would continue to run. The other could be the safety feature that stops or lowers the window if there is an obstruction. I know this may not appear to be likely but both of those scenarios could be a possibility.

Usually the remedy for the indexing issue is to lower the window all the way then hold the window button up for several seconds after the window closes. That normally re-indexes the window. Not saying it will work here but there is a chance.
Yes what he said :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thank you all for the insight. I tried resetting, but the window still had a mind of its own a couple of times today. Will keep you posted on what Jaguar service folks sayou. Though I'm not happy that I have to leave work early three weeks into starting for service.
Check all the fuses to make sure they are all seated properly. Some of these types of issues have been attributed to improperly seated fuses causing temporary power loss to components.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Folks, read above I posted the darn Topix that likely answers the problem. Post # 11

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all. This was fixed. They had to replace a module and one other thing. I'll figure out what it was that they did to fix it and share here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My F-Pace had a similar issue with driver window. The complete switch assembly was replaced in drivers door. This was the second time window was "stuck" down. All other windows worked properly with its own switch but non-responsive from drivers master panel. First time the problem was "thought" to fixed by fully inserting fuses in panel under dash on passenger side. (7 fuses were partially inserted) A TSB was actually posted to dealerships,I believe, as this was found in late July/2016. Other electrical problems are back-up camera re-boots when in use or complete system re-boots

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
It would be useful for us owners who have not yet experienced such problems to know the build date and mileage of those who do. Not to panic or anything, just to know if ours might be similarly affected and when, to be on the look-out or not.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Didn't know about that, thanks guys. Reset all the windows and now it works as it should. I was dreading having to re-enable that stupid more harm than good "feature".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts