Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been seriously considering an F-Pace for some time...so I don't have one handy to measure. Can anyone tell me if a standard 8 foot 2x4 will fit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes - It‘ll be sitting on the center console, though.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Yes - It‘ll be sitting on the center console, though.
And its a good way to tear up your center console or have it slide forward in a sudden stop and smash your ICTP... This thing isn't a lumber hauler....

·
Registered
101 Posts
As with all things in life, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Take precautions.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Here you go! Just happened to have one handy! (shown is the "rubber" side of the trunk floor).

You can see how far it comes up to the front. If you had to do it, you could with, as mentioned, the right precautions (towels/foam/etc. on both ends and around the center armrest area and consider securing the trunk end).

Reactions: bdiddy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. Just enough longer than my Macan that it would work in a pinch...which the Mac does not.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Also, 24 1.5 cube bags of mulch can fit in the F-Pace with back seats down. I know some folks will frown up for using F-Pace to hauling mulch, but it worked like a charm in a pinch, and I have dog pads installed, and that's what "U" stands for in SUV:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right? What's the point of having it if you're not going to use it? It's possible to use something and still take care of it. Just put down towels, mats, and rugs and clean the thing after. I used to have a roadster and an Xterra. I didn't get enough use out of the roadster so I consolidated to a Macan turbo. I love the Macan, so I've had it for a while, but it gave up just a hair too much utility. A 6' board sits in the Macan about the same as the 8' looks in the F-Pace above. If I was doing it regularly I'd have a pickup or van...but it's rare, but often enough it's a hassle to borrow or rent a van.

I'm liking the F-Pace idea...bigger than a Macan, but no so big as a Cayenne or X5. Time for a test drive.

·
Registered
439 Posts
@bdiddy - One of the reasons I opted for F-Pace was the cargo space, and I have been handy quite a few times. I don't need it too often, but it's great when I need it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Storage capacity was key in selling me on the F-Pace. Some of the criteria entailed fitting a bicycle (I usually return to the F-Pace from a ride drenched – hence the seat cover in the photo in the above post) and another criterion, truly, was fitting 2 X 4 X 8’s as I used to carry them (occasionally but frequently enough) in the car I was replacing. I carry firewood in the F-Pace, too (the right tarp and towels keep things clean and undamaged). The F-Pace also looks awesome and handles great (especially in Dynamic mode)! Enjoy the test drive!

Reactions: NewToCats

·
Registered
390 Posts
Add me to the camp who picked the F-Pace in part for the utility possibilities. I still take great care of the interior, but I also haul stuff like firewood if it needs to be hauled. One of my best early investments was in the rubber trunk mat (part no. T4A16371), which covers the entire boot area with heavy duty rubber and a raised lip around it to contain spills. It lets me throw anything I want back there without concern for stains or damage.

Reactions: NewToCats

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I've used my F-Paces for Towing, Hauling my bikes externally and internally, and I have hauled stuff back and forth for my boat regularly folding the back seats down and stuffing as much as I could in the thing even using the front passenger seat area. I even moved pieces of furniture for my home office which was pretty awkward to get into the F-Pace and the ceiling height is a bit of a challenge when moving furniture. I did this with both the First Edition and the SVR. I clearly use it for utility, however, even though I have hauled wood like that 2x4 in the F-pace once or twice I was always very concerned about having to stop fast. I did what I could to hold those types of loads in some what to keep it from moving forward. I've even creatively used the passenger seatbelt for that purpose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts