Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before my trial was ending i tried to signup with ATT. Backstory is that years ago I had att dsl service. I had nothing but issues with the login portal. The problem seems to haunt me. I tried loging into the site and the username/password wont work. I tried the dedicated jaguar att portal and still enough no go.
A manager at the phone customer service line says this is a known issue. It may have to do with the fact i used to have att. Nonetheless, i setup for 1month unlimited and put in a ticket.

No one contacted me , and after multiple calls I dont think it will get resolved. I get the nag emails from ATT, but i am unable to enter the portal.
I could sign up I guess over the phone. But , its more of a principle that i put in a ticket. No one got back to me. Then the excuse was i didnt provide my username and password in the ticket. First why should they need it, second they never asked.

I put in another ticket and its been a week. I have low expectations given my history with ATT.
ANyone have experience using another GSM service?

I tried entering the imei number and its not compatible with cricket, t mobile ect. Is it worth it to buy a hotspot and swap the sim?

I am debating on putting a lemon law back on jaguar as well.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Before my trial was ending i tried to signup with ATT. Backstory is that years ago I had att dsl service. I had nothing but issues with the login portal. The problem seems to haunt me. I tried loging into the site and the username/password wont work. I tried the dedicated jaguar att portal and still enough no go.
A manager at the phone customer service line says this is a known issue. It may have to do with the fact i used to have att. Nonetheless, i setup for 1month unlimited and put in a ticket.

No one contacted me , and after multiple calls I dont think it will get resolved. I get the nag emails from ATT, but i am unable to enter the portal.
I could sign up I guess over the phone. But , its more of a principle that i put in a ticket. No one got back to me. Then the excuse was i didnt provide my username and password in the ticket. First why should they need it, second they never asked.

I put in another ticket and its been a week. I have low expectations given my history with ATT.
ANyone have experience using another GSM service?

I tried entering the imei number and its not compatible with cricket, t mobile ect. Is it worth it to buy a hotspot and swap the sim?

I am debating on putting a lemon law back on jaguar as well.
Why would this be a lemon law issue? You lost me on that one. It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with the car, unless you've left something out.

There's a thread on SIM cards in the forum somewhere. Lots of info there.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I initially had problems signing up 2 years ago.
Believe it or not, the JLR system had problems accepting legacy AT&T email addresses ending in .net.
I tried another of my addresses and that worked for me.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I've had the FreedomPop free plan for almost a year, and no issues whatsoever... You can search it on here if interested...

·
Registered
490 Posts
I use a T-Mobile SIM for mine, since that's our provider. No issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would this be a lemon law issue? You lost me on that one. It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with the car, unless you've left something out.

There's a thread on SIM cards in the forum somewhere. Lots of info there.
basically if I cannot utilize the option with a reasonable amount of repair or effort. If jaguar put a proprietary system in that cannot be used, it qualifies.

Reminiscent with early cadillac "cue" systems.

I am in california. Law maybe different in your area , but you assume there wasnt something wrong.

I just wanted it to work. Like I bought it.
Some are less helpful and more trolllike and I wonder why they even answer .

I got it to work finally. It turned out that the dealer entered my email incorrectly. But i was still getting nag emails to sign up. It seems there is a form page with 2 different areas to input the email. If one is correct you get emails. But the signon page is different. It took approx 4 hours combine of call time to finally fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use a T-Mobile SIM for mine, since that's our provider. No issues.
hey there
i also try to use my tmobile data line in my f pace 2019 but it dosnt show,did you change anything in the car setting(apn)or just pop the sim card and it worked?
try freedom pop it worked for awhile but it dosnt anymore it very strange i reset the setting in the car but still no luck

·
Registered
490 Posts
I just popped it in and it worked. Are you still on the free trial? Maybe that needs to end first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I'm still on free trail,I don't think it has anything to do with trial ,but it doesn't Reed the simcard

·
Registered
186 Posts
Free trial doesn’t matter. I burned up the free at&t 3GB in less than a week streaming hi-fi music and satellite maps, then swapped in my T-Mobile SIM from the 2017 to SVR.
Go into the connectivity settings and make sure you enable mobile data and roaming if applicable. I think it turns those off when you take out the SIM.

If the SIM is recognized you’ll get some kind of signal strength indicator at the top right, even if you don’t have service. If it still doesn’t work maybe contact your mobile data provider and see if they can track down the problem.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
try freedom pop it worked for awhile but it dosnt anymore it very strange i reset the setting in the car but still no luck
If FPop stops you just have to go back in to their website and log back in to revive it, no big deal. But it checks out of service if it doesn't read any usage for a certain time ,etc. Still working great for me...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Im new here I got a 2018 F-Pace S in Caesium Blue last week. I just signed up today with att, they had an unlimited 4g lte plan for $15/mo and works flawlessly on my laptop. I didnt need a sim card either, seems the plan is on sale until end of october. Anyone else use this service?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I never inserted a sim they (att) set it up over the phone, I am not sure if there was one in there from the previous owner or if there is one somehere internally in the car. Its new for me even though its a 2018 so Im still learning all the features

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got it to work finally. It turned out that the dealer entered my email incorrectly.
I tried for days to get this resolved with ATT. My dealer had set up the wrong address for me, and ATT would not tell me what it was. Jag was no help. I finally gave up. For now, I have no mobile connection. Oh well. I'll dig into the sim chip thread mentioned above.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I never inserted a sim they (att) set it up over the phone, I am not sure if there was one in there from the previous owner or if there is one somehere internally in the car. Its new for me even though its a 2018 so Im still learning all the features
This a little bit strange, but I guess they could simply cut over the SIM that was in the car to the new service if they had the info on their system. I was always told by AT&T with my 2017 that I needed to go to a Jag dealer to get the SIM stuff handled. I had some trouble getting my service cut over when my 3 month trial ended on the 2019, but persistence with AT&T on my side got it done after 4 calls and getting to the right person. The right person was able to get into my account that I had from the 2017, cut over the 2019s SIM to that account and made sure the account was set to pick up when the trial ended on the 2019. But it took me 4 calls to get someone at AT&T who could do that.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
From my interactions with AT&T the general practice is to not reprovision a SIM card once cancelled, even for the same account. This is especially true given the social engineering efforts for SIM jacking. If you're purchasing a CPO/used F-Pace and the SIM is still in place it will likely need to be replaced with a new card provisioned on your account.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts