Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Wide mirrors needed to see behind the boat

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  TLockhart 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I was wondering what anyone towing a caravan or boat was using for extra wide mirrors on the F-Pace? On my previous car I had a mirror that strapped to the bottom of the door and the bottom of the drivers window but I don't think I want to use this on the F-Pace as it may damage the paintwork.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Most of the trucks I owned had big truck mirrors that actually extended out on their own , for pulling a trailer ! But , I did have one Chevy Suburban that had Sporty Mirrors that didn't go out ! I actually bought aftermarket mirrors that were made to slide around the vehicle mirror and strapped onto it ! The only problem here is , that the F-Pace is so new , I don't know if the aftermarket companies have come out with something for it yet ! You might have to do some major searching on this one ! I don't know if I would want to do the "Strap on Door and Window" version for my F-Pace ???

#5 ·
The tower is an aerial freeride imported from the US. Tower is great, rotating racks not so much!

I'm pulling about 1250kg which a quick calculation tells me is 2750lbs. I have the 2.0D and it tows very well on the highway. My last car was a 2.5D Nissan Pathfinder and I do notice the Jag is a little slower away from the lights when towing the boat. But that is the only difference.

#4 ·
Stimulated, I think GR's suggestion would be the best option if you can find the mirrors that extend out. Problem might be forgetting they are there and allowing the mirrors to fold etc.

The other option may be to find a remote camera setup, like the ones on Drones, that would be battery operated. You could affix the remote camera to the back of the boat or even up on that tower and then use your cell phone with a mount in the car to see behind the boat, when traveling you would not record you'd only be in view mode, but because you wakeboard, ski, and probably tube behind that boat, you could then use the camera to record your fun.

I've seen remote cameras, like the one below but I've never really used them. You'd need to find one that is weather proof, has a big enough battery, can also use the f-paces Wifi, etc. To me that would be the easiest and least damaging approach for your f-pace.

https://www.amazon.com/Romhn-Portable-Wireless-Camcorder-Android/dp/B01J5061JY/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1488715061&sr=8-12&keywords=remote+camera+iphone

Reactions: GRVR
#6 ·
I was wondering what anyone towing a caravan or boat was using for extra wide mirrors on the F-Pace?
Haven't towed yet. But the car is 7 feet wide at the outside of the mirrors; can you get by with driving a very wide arc and peeking behind? Worked for my 8 foot horse trailer behind my Dodge truck which seems to have a similar width...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.