Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like almost everyone here we have had to take our FPace in for warranty work. Its a hassle, we whine and complain about it, but at the end of the day our dealership has been so awesome to work with. Today they upped their game, 2017 Maserati Ghibli S Q4.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's interesting. Haven't seen a Jaguar-Maserati dealer around here that I can remember. How is it compared to the F-Pace? They're giving those things away now. I briefly considered it, but I'm set on an SUV.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Interesting. Ive only had RR loaners since my dealer has only RRs as part of their loaner fleet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully it's better than it was a few years ago. That car was hit hard by the hate stick.

Wife picked it up, sent me the picture. I did a "WOA, thats sweet". She stopped by my office this afternoon and I took it for a spin, not impressed. The exhaust sound is amazing and has good pickup but it corners like a boat. Interior isnt great, seats are comfy but everything else feels cheap. Infotainment is junk, looks like 90s Napster.

So maybe not as cool as I thought but still pretty unique for a loaner car.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wife picked it up, sent me the picture. I did a "WOA, thats sweet". She stopped by my office this afternoon and I took it for a spin, not impressed. The exhaust sound is amazing and has good pickup but it corners like a boat. Interior isnt great, seats are comfy but everything else feels cheap. Infotainment is junk, looks like 90s Napster.

So maybe not as cool as I thought but still pretty unique for a loaner car.
It's always fun getting to try new things even if they aren't any better then what you have.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I see a lot of them around here. Mostly relatively short term leases. Our JLR dealer also sells Volvos. Oddly Maseratis and Alfa Romeos are sold by Chevy dealer!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My dealer also owns a Maserati dealership which is about 1,000 feet down the street from his JLR dealership. He also owns a Toyota dealership on the other side of town where he houses his Collision Center for all of his dealerships.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
#1 - The exhaust sound is amazing
#2 - Has good pickup
#3 - Interior isn't great
#4 - Seats are comfy
#5 - But everything else feels cheap
#6 - Infotainment is junk
Are you sure it wasn't an F-PACE ??? >:)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Random thoughts

So rather than start a new thread, I think these thoughts are appropriate enough for this one.

I've had two different loaners now, a 2017 Disco Sport HSE and 2017 XE 35t (not sure on trim level), in the past month. Each were obviously different, but had some similarities too. Here's what sticks out for me:
1: Neither one EVER auto stopped even though I have always left the AS/S system on. Driving similar or exact routes that I take my FP everyday and it always either shuts down or displays the symbol that it can't. I am not even getting the symbol in the XE, and can't recall on the Disco. Weird.
2: The Disco had ICT and upgrading to ICTP was the right choice for me. Nice to have post-sale reinforcement.
3: The XE has ICTP but not the digital instrument cluster. I was unaware this option even existed on other platforms.
4: Do all dealers skip the updates on their loaner fleet? Both the XE and the DS are running pre-2.5 software, as indicated by the old nav symbol. This is having real implications for me in the XE since the blutooth connection is spotty and it won't even recognize my iPhone to run music through the cord when plugged into the USB. I cannot charge my phone and stream music because the minute I plug it in, the music cuts out of the Meridian and starts playing only through the phone speakers. Coming from an ICTP that has been pretty flawless out of the gate, I can understand why some are so irate with their buggy systems.
5: Both loaners have had HUD.......I still don't like it, LOL.
6: The XE has the illuminated tread plates, first I've seen them in person. Definitely getting me some of these!!
7: The 35t engine is not my diesel. While I'm have some fun zooming around with it (I may try out the paddles on the mountain tomorrow), I will be happy to have my 20d back tomorrow afternoon (hopefully).
8: Also have the Lux pack with ambient mood lighting in the XE.....fun!but not worth the $$$$ IMO.
9: Really think the back window auto-shade in the XE is cool. I wish they could do something like this for the sides in our FPs but I realize the door panel only has so much space.

Anyhow, that's my two-cents on my loaners to date. Hopefully they will finish whatever update they are running (I really hope it's not the 17C, but they said it was new.....ugh) and everything will be working as it should once more tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
So rather than start a new thread, I think these thoughts are appropriate enough for this one.

I've had two different loaners now, a 2017 Disco Sport HSE and 2017 XE 35t (not sure on trim level), in the past month. Each were obviously different, but had some similarities too. Here's what sticks out for me:
1: Neither one EVER auto stopped even though I have always left the AS/S system on. Driving similar or exact routes that I take my FP everyday and it always either shuts down or displays the symbol that it can't. I am not even getting the symbol in the XE, and can't recall on the Disco. Weird.
2: The Disco had ICT and upgrading to ICTP was the right choice for me. Nice to have post-sale reinforcement.
3: The XE has ICTP but not the digital instrument cluster. I was unaware this option even existed on other platforms.
4: Do all dealers skip the updates on their loaner fleet? Both the XE and the DS are running pre-2.5 software, as indicated by the old nav symbol. This is having real implications for me in the XE since the blutooth connection is spotty and it won't even recognize my iPhone to run music through the cord when plugged into the USB. I cannot charge my phone and stream music because the minute I plug it in, the music cuts out of the Meridian and starts playing only through the phone speakers. Coming from an ICTP that has been pretty flawless out of the gate, I can understand why some are so irate with their buggy systems.
5: Both loaners have had HUD.......I still don't like it, LOL.
6: The XE has the illuminated tread plates, first I've seen them in person. Definitely getting me some of these!!
7: The 35t engine is not my diesel. While I'm have some fun zooming around with it (I may try out the paddles on the mountain tomorrow), I will be happy to have my 20d back tomorrow afternoon (hopefully).
8: Also have the Lux pack with ambient mood lighting in the XE.....fun!but not worth the $$$$ IMO.
9: Really think the back window auto-shade in the XE is cool. I wish they could do something like this for the sides in our FPs but I realize the door panel only has so much space.

Anyhow, that's my two-cents on my loaners to date. Hopefully they will finish whatever update they are running (I really hope it's not the 17C, but they said it was new.....ugh) and everything will be working as it should once more tomorrow.
As far as I know, the XE does not have the lux interior pack as an option, the higher trims just come with configurable lighting standard (at least it does for the S, probably the R-sport to). On 17 MY XEs, the tech package did not have the digital instrument cluster, for 2018 it does.

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
As far as I know, the XE does not have the lux interior pack as an option, the higher trims just come with configurable lighting standard (at least it does for the S, probably the R-sport to). On 17 MY XEs, the tech package did not have the digital instrument cluster, for 2018 it does.
All I know is my 4-year old thinks it’s awesome. :laugh:

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
The best loaner which was not an F-Pace was a Jag XJ with quite a few of the trimmings including massage seats. WE had it for about 4 days. My wife wanted to steal the seats. It was very nice and big, large trunk, as it could carry as much stuff as the F-Pace. Very comfortable. However, not so sporty and that is why I bought the F-Pace. So my best loaners have been other F-Paces, which while none of them had a V6, they were all still fun as heck to drive!

·
Registered
193 Posts
My 2 loaners have been a XF and a F-pace. The F-pace was a step down for me since i have a S. I felt better about my interior afrer seeing the way the lower trim levels looked. It is worthy to know which trim level people have when they are making a general statement about the look and feel as different trims have different materials.

Both of my loaners felt cheap.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Mine was a Nissan Altima, weirdly enough.

I didn't love it.

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
468 Posts

Reactions: Gorgon

·
Registered
49 Posts
pretty sure I had the WORST.

JAGUAR CHARLOTTE gave me a Chevy Traverse for over 4 weeks. My car was in for squeaks in sunroof and a creak sound in the tailgate.

When I first called for a service appointment, they said they could not see me for two weeks. When my apointment day finally arrived, I brought the car in and was picked up by a rental car company who gave me the Chevy (despite an Audi and BMW on the lot reserved for "preferred" customers). My JAG literally sat untouched at Jaguar Charlotte for 2 weeks before someone even touched it. It then took two more weeks to fix.

I cannot say enough BAD things about my experience. I never even received a real apology.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have had many loaners in my 18 months of FPace ownership! Many of them for several weeks at a time. Always a JLR, mostly a lowly XE. The XE is a great handling car. A recent spell in a 340hp one revealed it as a very quick car also.

More recently I had a 4 cyl FP. Low spec. My normal car is an S. Despite this, I was quite impressed. Starting to believe the sweet spot in the FP range is towards the lower end. Perfectly adequate engine for a car like this. Torquey enough when needed and quiet and refined. Always had to drive it in Dynamic and Sport mode though...

Best experience was a couple of months in a brand new LR4. Exactly the sort of car I neither need nor desire. Expected to hate it. Fell in love with it! Super comfy ride and the 340 V6 is smooth and strong, despite the massive weight of the car. Now find myself lusting after them...especially in dark red with black wheels. Weird...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've had a disco, an Evoque, and an FP and they've all had the heated windshield. I REALLY don't like that thing!

Kerry

1 - 20 of 22 Posts