Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread I spoke about the dash and infotainment system starting up when you open the door to the car. After closing the door without getting into the vehicle or after getting out after driving there is a whiring sound that I hear under the hood. It sounds like the noise is behind the drivers side head lamp.

Do you hear this on your vehicle? It stays on for quite some time.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Q5 and XC60 (as well as my XF loaner) does it too. I don't think it is unusual for these infotainment systems to whirr as they power down. I suspect they are programmed to stay active for a bit after exit as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
High Pitched engine humming noise after shutdown

Put F pace in the garage and shut the engine off and heard a high pitch noise in engine compartment. Any clue what it is...not sure how long it was on I will head back to garage to see if it is off.:|

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
This is normal. Search the forum and you'll probably see an lot and back and forth on this. I can't remember what the outcome was on the discussions but I think some think it may be fans for the LED headlights (although I never read that those F-Paces without LED headlights don't do this, so I think that is a guess). I don't know if anyone ever found out for sure. I'm taking my F-Pace back into the dealership this Thursday for some stuff, I'll as the service writer and see if he knows. Nothing to worry about though, it stops after the vehicle completely shuts down which I've seen could take 15 minutes after you turn the car off.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes the conclusion we all came to was that it was fans for the LEDs. If you actually just hit unlock then lock on your key fob it will do it ( without starting the car ) . The noise is Def coming from the light .

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
JB1000 is correct ! You don't even have to start the vehicle ! If I have the Key Fob in my pocket , I can here this noise going on & off , while I am just washing the F-Pace ! I thought it was some kind of electronic sensor activating just because the Key Fob was nearby !

·
Registered
173 Posts
JB1000 is correct ! You don't even have to start the vehicle ! If I have the Key Fob in my pocket , I can here this noise going on & off , while I am just washing the F-Pace ! I thought it was some kind of electronic sensor activating just because the Key Fob was nearby !
That could be it locking and unlocking, check the sideview mirrors next time you wash to see if they fold. That'll be the tale-tale...

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
That could be it locking and unlocking, check the sideview mirrors next time you wash to see if they fold. That'll be the tale-tale...
Howdy Partner !!! No , it is the "humming" noise coming from under the hood ! My mirrors stay out , and the vehicle stays unlocked ! But I do GREATLY Appreciate your thoughts !!!
I hope All Is Well in the *LONESTAR* State this evening !!! :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Didn't know the LED's generated a heat source that required fans for cooling....

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Yes for longevity, high powered LED's do...or a really big heat sink in a lot of airflow.

Look closely and you'll notice how many make up the headlamps.

HINT: Look at the top of the reflectors...
It is like a maze of mirrors in the headlight assembly but I thought the actual LEDs are at the bottom and shine up onto the reflector? Same with the tail lights, the tail lights have an insane number of LEDs and they are positioned at the bottom of the assembly and shine upwards onto the reflector.

And to the noise, I dont think its the LEDs, I have had my lights off and the noise is still there. Im pretty sure its the car starting up; if you pay attention the ICTP screen starts up, the odometer shows the miles etc. You can disable this through the driver info screen, pretty sure its under vehicle settings.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is like a maze of mirrors in the headlight assembly but I thought the actual LEDs are at the bottom and shine up onto the reflector? Same with the tail lights, the tail lights have an insane number of LEDs and they are positioned at the bottom of the assembly and shine upwards onto the reflector.

And to the noise, I dont think its the LEDs, I have had my lights off and the noise is still there. Im pretty sure its the car starting up; if you pay attention the ICTP screen starts up, the odometer shows the miles etc. You can disable this through the driver info screen, pretty sure its under vehicle settings.

I believe top and bottom.

Also you just have to touch the handle (not open) and they'll start up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A little hum, can you help

Hi Guys, just picked up my new S with brogue interior, man is it gorgeous! One thing I can't figure out, pulled in garage and when I shut it down I have a little hum from under the hood up by the headlights. Goes for about 45 mins then stops, if you open a door it starts over. I wonder if some sort of charging system, anyone else noticed theirs? Thanks

1 - 20 of 100 Posts