Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my F-Pace in Alabama and now live in Texas.
Which Lemon Law would apply?

My GPS/navigation unit keeps going off-road.
The car has now been in the shop 3 times, for a total of aprox. 3 weeks.

Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
1,856 Posts
There are major stipulations in Texas Lemon Laws. I assume you meet all the requirements. Based on what I read I don't think you are there yet. You need at least one more visit and I'm pretty sure it has to effect the safety of the vehicle. I assume that the car is in your name and registered in Texas.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help.
Based on what I read in the AL Lemon Law, there are 3 repair attempts and not the safety stipulation.
As the laws are different by state, it's important to understand which law applies.

The GPS went off when leaving work last night and has not "found" the car by now.
I drove this morning 64 minutes to work, at the start the GPS was 1m off, when I arrived at work it was 17m off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK,
appointment N Umber 4 is scheduled.
In AL and TX Lemon Law is stated "new motor vehicle that later experiences a defect or condition that substantially impairs the motor vehicle’s use, market value or safety"
NOt sure how ya'll feel about this, but I would consider a non working GPS a substantial reason not to purchase a vehicle and hence impact the market value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts