Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like an idiot, I overturned a vase full of water and flowers this morning onto the console. I managed to miss the drive mode buttons but the parking brake and hill descent switches flooded with water. I had no other vehicle to drive so after mopping up all visible water, I drove the vehicle with no issues or faults. Later in the day, water apparently seeped into a connector causing a parking brake fault. I was hoping to let it dry out and reset by pulling the fuse but it's not listed separately in the F-Pace fuse list in the manual. Any ideas? I pulled the one for the brakes with no success. The dealer has not service appointment available until Tuesday. The vehicle rolls freely in neutral so it does not appear the brake is set or partially set. The warning message is amber, not red. Not sure if that makes any difference. I will not be checking back in until this evening and just wanted to see if anyone has any advice before waiting out the dealer app't.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks NVA. This mirrors the printed manual. I'll wait til tomorrow when the dealer can look at it as I don't see anything specific to the parking brake.

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you bring it in and they have to lift up the center console to dry it out (they will likely use a spray that dries out electrical connections)....can you maybe ask them how they do it (for future reference?) :) I'm trying to figure out how to get under the center console and you're in the unfortunate position of requiring them to do just that.

I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks NVA. This mirrors the printed manual. I'll wait til tomorrow when the dealer can look at it as I don't see anything specific to the parking brake.
Sorry for the duplicate information. I looked and didn't see anything specific to the parking brake, either. Good luck figuring it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you bring it in and they have to lift up the center console to dry it out (they will likely use a spray that dries out electrical connections)....can you maybe ask them how they do it (for future reference?) :) I'm trying to figure out how to get under the center console and you're in the unfortunate position of requiring them to do just that.

I'd really appreciate it.
Sorry, never got back to my thread. The parking brake reverted to normal operation after the connections dried out. We'll see over time if they corrode but for the past few months, everything works fine. I never took the car in so didn't have the opportunity to ask about removing the console. I'm assuming eventually, there will be third-party manuals released that cover maintenance/repair issues.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Glad that worked out!

I actually figured out how to take it apart on my own, so no worries.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You could also have just disconnected the battery if you didn't need to use it... Having had my son's Volvo s40 get the floor flooded from a sunroof drain in the a pillar I can relate to water damage. Volvo wanted $800 to remove the seats just to see what was wrong. We did it and it took 2 weeks for the foam backing to dry out. It is amazing how much wiring is under the carpet. That's why I got my tuxmats. I want my carpets to stay dry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts