Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I couldn't even watch all of it, just too painful. What a pitiful sad design.....

·
Registered
564 Posts
Mine kept getting dirty from exhaust fumes. The filter collects a variety of things, a hyper sensitive carbon filter among them. The fan would sound like a 737 until the filter was changed, 2- 3 months later it would come back. Took about a year to figure out the issue was where the car was parked.
It took about 2 hours to change each time. Only takes a few minutes on my wife's Nissan. Just a horrible design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Adding some pics. Did both of my F-Paces today. First one took about 1.5 hours. 2nd took 30 min.
I used to have a Daewoo Leganza and the cabin air filter took less than a minute. On the engine side of the firewall there was a door with a thumbscrew. Open the door, pull & replace filter and tighten the screw. Whey does Jaguar design something that could take a master tech!?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Did my mom’s Toyota awhile back. $12 from Amazon and 5 minutes.

·
Registered
'17 F-Pace First Edition
10 Posts
Adding some pics. Did both of my F-Paces today. First one took about 1.5 hours. 2nd took 30 min.
great stuff. I have a 2017 First Edition and it is even more difficult to change the cabin filter because the glove box won’t come out based on the tips posted due to the cooling features.

I am a newbie here. Send me instructions on how to upload pics from an Apple phone ss I have more tips to add.

·
Registered
'17 F-Pace First Edition
10 Posts
"Send me some instructions"?
hope the previously posted pictures plus my pictures will help.

I will try to write at a high-level:

Job: need to remove your right side lower dash/glovebox to get to the cabin filter door.

Recommendation: Buy a good high quality filter as it takes too much work to change is sooner than required.

Hint: Good time to run your hardwire for your dashcam / Radar / etc along with this new ask.

High level steps fo based on my experience from my First Edition....not sure if other trim models have the cooling air duct attached to the glove box:

Easier to follow the pictures previously posted by the other member.

written steps:
Remove lower right cover trip (3 push clips) and unplug light.
Remove door sill by lifting up and save the clips.
Loosen tight door seal trim by kick panel.
Remove right kick panel (fuse door) with 1x T30.
Remove the lower glovebox pivot pins.
Remove the outer side dashtrip (90degtee angle outside the dash vent) by light prying.
Remove any T30 screws you see that are holding the glovebox trims.
After the T30 screws (both black and silver ones) are removed, there is one non-screw anchor by where my flathead screw driver was pointing.
Then start slowly pulling the glovebox including the trim behind it loose as 1 large trim. The glove box itself does not need to be separated.
I wasn’t able to completely get the larger glovebox trim out so I just made enough room to get to the filter door.
Pop that cover out.
Remove the filter tray out as far out as possible to re&re the filter - very tight!!
Then reverse the steps to put everything back

Post questions as you go...

Good luck.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Great job, Pat! Definitely an improvement over my chicken scratch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll buy an aftermarket filter (like Mann) just to stick-it to JLR for designing a filter set-up like this. I'm surprised the F & I dept. isn't selling an "environmental filter maintenance" package for this when you buy the F-Pace!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts