Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Adding some pics. Did both of my F-Paces today. First one took about 1.5 hours. 2nd took 30 min.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Just asking , but is there any reason they wouldn't change this at all during 5/60? Is it not a required service say annually? It's certainly not a lifetime part.... I don't know of any filter on any vehicle that goes 5/60 as part of its normal course of life....

Along this line, is there a concise way to under stand just what will and will not be changed under the 5/60 maintenance wise for any engine/model?? Or things that MAY need to be changed/done but they will NOT cover?

·
Registered
101 Posts
According to the Passport to Service, Pollen Filters are covered at service intervals -
3L Gas - every service, or 16k miles
2L Diesel - every-other service, or 20k miles

Having said that, I’m sure they replaced the filter in the 20d at least once. The glove box hinge pin surround was buggered up on one side, and there were small scratches around some of the fasteners. The filter was fairly clean. The R-Sport was another story. I’ve only passed through (1) scheduled interval (I paid for an “Intermediate” Service/oil change). I have a fairly good feeling that filter didn’t get changed at 16k. I was getting a hint of something damp or moldy every so often, which is why I decided to change it. All of the fasteners and surrounding areas were pristine/looked untouched. I had to use an impact driver to break a few fasteners loose. The filter was way too dirty to only have 6k miles on it. I have it sealed in a plastic bag for exhibit “A” on my next visit.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
According to the Passport to Service, Pollen Filters are covered at service intervals -
3L Gas - every service, or 16k miles
2L Diesel - every-other service, or 20k miles

Where exactly do you find this info? I scoured the site and I don't find any listings of what is changed and when.. Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
101 Posts
Where exactly do you find this info? I scoured the site and I don't find any listings of what is changed and when.. Thanks in advance !
In with the Owner’s Manual. There’s a supplemental booklet - about 50 pages. I believe the Jaguar site has the electronic version available for download as well.

Reactions: stbentoak

·
Registered
226 Posts
Need a detailed instruction here too, now. I am changing it myself. Cannot locate the cabin air filter for this Pace. Who have done it before? or reference pics will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Apologies for the handwriting in those pics on the second page. Marking those up was almost as painful as signing in the little box at the cashier.:). Never thought I’d need mad mark-up skills.
Those info. are so valuable for Pace DIY owners. Thanks!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Just had my second annual service completed last week, and this was included in that service And the strange smell from my HVAC system is now gone.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Adding some pics. Did both of my F-Paces today. First one took about 1.5 hours. 2nd took 30 min.
Great Job!;)
Can you plz put more comments under your pics detailing the procedures, I had a hard time reading the hand writing in your pic LOL. Especially how to remove the side panel (pic 3&4)
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm about to change mine, it's making a funny noise again and gets dirty every **** month. I have no idea how that's even possible.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm about to change mine, it's making a funny noise again and gets dirty every **** month. I have no idea how that's even possible.
Please take notes and pics for our reference if possible;)
Are you using the OEM filter? Mine works fine, no noise but smells a bit, LOL.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Reading this thread from the beginning is a pretty good start. It contains instructions of what must be done (which is all anyone had until THE PICTURES in Post 14). Actually attempting to do the job and taking the time to look things over might help the previous 20 posts make a trifle more sense. Sooner or later someone will make a video. Hang in there.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Unbelievable!
After watching this, I think there’s a very good possibility that this annual maintenance pollen filter changeout is billed to JLR and never done.
When the engineer finished designing this system, he was told, “good work. Now go and work on the ICTP entertainment system”.?

·
Registered
617 Posts
WTF! Having to take that much apart just to change a cabin filter is crazy. It's no wonder there are so many creaks, lost screws and rubbing noises after routine service - so dumb.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine is due for its 3 year annual service later this month and I may just ask the service department to remove and not replace the filter as I also don't believe mine has been changed during any previous service. I'd rather have direct air flow into the cabin than air being routed through an air filter that has a multi year build up of pollen, mold, mildew, and what have you growing on it. That filter change ordeal should be used as a training video on how not to design a system that requires relatively frequent access.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts