Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
From the Topix instructions you need to remove the glove box and then it is behind it. Reminds me of the pain to remove the cabin filter in my Saab 9-5. Of course it could not be as simple as my XJ8 or my wife's former CX-9!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I believe it is behind the glove box..you have to remove the glove box box, to get at it...But that is covered by one of the annual service calls you get for 5 years.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The dealer should change it when it's scheduled to be due, during one of the annual Service calls...So for five years, don't worry about.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The dealer should change it when it's scheduled to be due, during one of the annual Service calls...So for five years, don't worry about.

Trust me, that thing needs to be changed annually if you do any miles... You won't believe how bad they look after 12-15K miles...
Learn how to do it and do it every year, your schnozz will thank you !

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Trust me, that thing needs to be changed annually if you do any miles... You won't believe how bad they look after 12-15K miles...
Learn how to do it and do it every year, your schnozz will thank you !
I can't argue with you...If your climate is dusty or damp with a lot of mold...then I can see the need for more frequent changes...But you'll know after the first time you change it, when the frequency will be best served.;)

BTW; Where the h3ll do you live?..Put that in your info.;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Are there instructions anywhere online for removing the glove box and changing the filter?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
FYI;

Cabin Air Filter Front WIX 24511

Marketing Description - 2000: WIX Cabin Air Filters remove pollen, dust, soot and other air borne contaminates from the air inside a vehicle for normal and severe driving conditions. WIX cabin air filters are enhanced with Microban antimicrobial technology which inhibits the growth of microbes on filter media and protects against damaging bacteria, mold, and mildew. Where applicable, combination odor removing media reduces odors from the exhaust systems of nearby vehicles. WIX cabin air filters are recommended for OEM filter change interval. WIX offers a full line of high efficiency cabin air filters for passenger cars and light trucks.

Cabin Air Filter Front WIX 24511 | eBay

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Do you have the instructions on how to remove the glovebox, so I can access the cabin air filter?
I have no instructions. But I think it is pretty easy if you have the tools...you'll need a flashlight

Open the glove box and above the internal box in the back at the top..you will see Two TORX head screws..Remove these screw and the whole glove box should slide out..

(I'm guessing at this point...but they are all the same somewhat here after) Then against the back wall behind where the glove box was, there should be a compartment door/cover that has either a screw holding it in place or it might be just snap in place, but remove that panel and the filter should be visible.

Wish I could be more specific..but this should give you an idea of where to start.:eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, thanks anyway. I found six different screws holding the glove box in. The two you mentioned and three more that you only see by looking up from under the glove box. I removed the plastic side cover (door side) and found the 6th screw there. The left side of the glovebox would not move, so I think there is a 7th screw on the console side.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Is it possible to just undo the top retainer and swing its jaws open further to expose the filter area and not have to take it all the way out?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Ok, thanks anyway. I found six different screws holding the glove box in. The two you mentioned and three more that you only see by looking up from under the glove box. I removed the plastic side cover (door side) and found the 6th screw there. The left side of the glovebox would not move, so I think there is a 7th screw on the console side.
Did the three screws at the bottom have plastic plugs covering them?..

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey folks, don't let this thread an not let it get away from you, as it is important. The first time I changed mine in my Q5 (easy 10 minute job) I was shocked! It was as black as the Ace of Spades. I could not believe it could possibly that that nasty. The only place you could see any white was in the paper frame. It was 50 times or more worse than the filters in my house.

Has anybody changed theirs out yet before service or know for a fact that they will do that on the 20K maintenance cycle?

It isn't another useless service they try to sell you, it is for real!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
See post #5 above... I've changed many of them and most everyone is SHOCKED how bad they look. I'd never go over a year on em...! Removing the glove box looks daunting but it usually isn't that hard....

·
Registered
40 Posts
In my old car, the cabin air filter was located behind the glove box. You would have to open the glove box and push in on the sides of the glove box. That would allow two small support tabs to move past the outer sides that hold the glovebox in place and then you could lower it all the way down and gain access the cabin air filters. Perhaps that's how to access the F-PACE cabin filters as well?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Just to give a heads up..the cabin air filter takes a lot of doing to get to..true it is behind the glove box, but the left side of the car's dash has to be removed to get to it besides just removing the glove box, it is a royal PIA to change.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts