Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
From the Topix instructions you need to remove the glove box and then it is behind it. Reminds me of the pain to remove the cabin filter in my Saab 9-5. Of course it could not be as simple as my XJ8 or my wife's former CX-9!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
The dealer should change it when it's scheduled to be due, during one of the annual Service calls...So for five years, don't worry about.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
The dealer should change it when it's scheduled to be due, during one of the annual Service calls...So for five years, don't worry about.

Trust me, that thing needs to be changed annually if you do any miles... You won't believe how bad they look after 12-15K miles...
Learn how to do it and do it every year, your schnozz will thank you !

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Trust me, that thing needs to be changed annually if you do any miles... You won't believe how bad they look after 12-15K miles...
Learn how to do it and do it every year, your schnozz will thank you !
I can't argue with you...If your climate is dusty or damp with a lot of mold...then I can see the need for more frequent changes...But you'll know after the first time you change it, when the frequency will be best served.;)

BTW; Where the h3ll do you live?..Put that in your info.;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Are there instructions anywhere online for removing the glove box and changing the filter?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
FYI;

Cabin Air Filter Front WIX 24511

Marketing Description - 2000: WIX Cabin Air Filters remove pollen, dust, soot and other air borne contaminates from the air inside a vehicle for normal and severe driving conditions. WIX cabin air filters are enhanced with Microban antimicrobial technology which inhibits the growth of microbes on filter media and protects against damaging bacteria, mold, and mildew. Where applicable, combination odor removing media reduces odors from the exhaust systems of nearby vehicles. WIX cabin air filters are recommended for OEM filter change interval. WIX offers a full line of high efficiency cabin air filters for passenger cars and light trucks.

Cabin Air Filter Front WIX 24511 | eBay

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey folks, don't let this thread an not let it get away from you, as it is important. The first time I changed mine in my Q5 (easy 10 minute job) I was shocked! It was as black as the Ace of Spades. I could not believe it could possibly that that nasty. The only place you could see any white was in the paper frame. It was 50 times or more worse than the filters in my house.

Has anybody changed theirs out yet before service or know for a fact that they will do that on the 20K maintenance cycle?

It isn't another useless service they try to sell you, it is for real!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
See post #5 above... I've changed many of them and most everyone is SHOCKED how bad they look. I'd never go over a year on em...! Removing the glove box looks daunting but it usually isn't that hard....

·
Registered
40 Posts
In my old car, the cabin air filter was located behind the glove box. You would have to open the glove box and push in on the sides of the glove box. That would allow two small support tabs to move past the outer sides that hold the glovebox in place and then you could lower it all the way down and gain access the cabin air filters. Perhaps that's how to access the F-PACE cabin filters as well?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Just to give a heads up..the cabin air filter takes a lot of doing to get to..true it is behind the glove box, but the left side of the car's dash has to be removed to get to it besides just removing the glove box, it is a royal PIA to change.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Adding some pics. Did both of my F-Paces today. First one took about 1.5 hours. 2nd took 30 min.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Just asking , but is there any reason they wouldn't change this at all during 5/60? Is it not a required service say annually? It's certainly not a lifetime part.... I don't know of any filter on any vehicle that goes 5/60 as part of its normal course of life....

Along this line, is there a concise way to under stand just what will and will not be changed under the 5/60 maintenance wise for any engine/model?? Or things that MAY need to be changed/done but they will NOT cover?

·
Registered
89 Posts
According to the Passport to Service, Pollen Filters are covered at service intervals -
3L Gas - every service, or 16k miles
2L Diesel - every-other service, or 20k miles

Having said that, I’m sure they replaced the filter in the 20d at least once. The glove box hinge pin surround was buggered up on one side, and there were small scratches around some of the fasteners. The filter was fairly clean. The R-Sport was another story. I’ve only passed through (1) scheduled interval (I paid for an “Intermediate” Service/oil change). I have a fairly good feeling that filter didn’t get changed at 16k. I was getting a hint of something damp or moldy every so often, which is why I decided to change it. All of the fasteners and surrounding areas were pristine/looked untouched. I had to use an impact driver to break a few fasteners loose. The filter was way too dirty to only have 6k miles on it. I have it sealed in a plastic bag for exhibit “A” on my next visit.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
According to the Passport to Service, Pollen Filters are covered at service intervals -
3L Gas - every service, or 16k miles
2L Diesel - every-other service, or 20k miles

Where exactly do you find this info? I scoured the site and I don't find any listings of what is changed and when.. Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
89 Posts
Where exactly do you find this info? I scoured the site and I don't find any listings of what is changed and when.. Thanks in advance !
In with the Owner’s Manual. There’s a supplemental booklet - about 50 pages. I believe the Jaguar site has the electronic version available for download as well.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Adding some pics. Did both of my F-Paces today. First one took about 1.5 hours. 2nd took 30 min.
Great Job!;)
Can you plz put more comments under your pics detailing the procedures, I had a hard time reading the hand writing in your pic LOL. Especially how to remove the side panel (pic 3&4)
Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts