Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my FE for five months and 5,500 miles. I still haven't seen another F-Pace. Where I live apparently no one else has either because my car still seems to take peoples breath away. It happened again today. I'm sitting at a stop sign and a young guy in one of those racey blue Subarus turns in front of me, his head out the window staring hard. I literally could read his lips: "What is that?"

Seriously. Where are all the F-Paces? Why is my F-Pace the only one in the wild, or so it seems? I live semi-rural but work in Manhattan's Financial District where I see tons of MBs, BMWs, Lexii, and Porsches every day. I've yet to see another F-Pace. Anywhere. While it is kind of neat to be totally unique, I feel odd at the same time.

Where are all the F-Paces? Is every F-Pace in California, Texas and Florida?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'd be curious to know where Redjag lives to see them all the time. I'd bet big city in Texas or Florida maybe. But anyway, we had the first FPace here in Oregon, and still my wife nor I have yet to see another. I know they're out there, and I drive quite a bit and really notice cars but still none except for for OregonRSport forum member's poor chafed-hose challenged one in the shop. For that matter I rarely see another XK either. Only other XJs and X types.

Not complaining, like the exclusivity of that. :) I bet Trek does too.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I've only seen 1 or 2 on the road since they came out and one of them (a demo) was for a JLR employee.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Trek,

It's pretty much been the same for me. I've driven 4700 miles in Pa, NJ, Maryland and Delaware and I've only seen one and it was in my town of Skippack Pa at the local CVS. It was a white F-Pace and I didn't notice the model as it pulled into the parking lots as I was driving out. I did notice that a woman was driving it, so I while I wanted to spin around and say hi, I didn't want to freak her out. My 10 year old was telling me, come on dad lets go say hi, but I kept heading home.

That was 2 weeks ago as well, and I haven't seen it again.

Reactions: McD and GRVR

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'd be curious to know where Redjag lives to see them all the time. I'd bet big city in Texas or Florida maybe. But anyway, we had the first FPace here in Oregon, and still my wife nor I have yet to see another. I know they're out there, and I drive quite a bit and really notice cars but still none except for for OregonRSport forum member's poor chafed-hose challenged one in the shop. For that matter I rarely see another XK either. Only other XJs and X types.

Not complaining, like the exclusivity of that.
I bet Trek does too.
NY. There is 2 paces in my neighborhood. One is an S model blacked out. I saw a RS FE a couple days ago. I have a pic of a CB FE i saw a week ago. I want to make a spitted thread. Everytime i see one parked you take a picture and post it up on here.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think I just saw a red one in the north shore. Mass.
went by too quickly to tell. :)

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Hey Trek , maybe you don't SEE any , because EVERYONE knows that JAGUAR means Unreliable , NO Technology , Terrible Handling , Poor Interior Materials , Wimpy Exhaust Note , Bad Visibility , Absolutely Horrid Fit & Finish , and shall we not forget those Oddly Placed Window Controls on the Armrest , as well as that Idiotic Rotary Button Transmission Control that takes up WAY too much space in the Center Console !!! Oh' I almost forgot , if you want ANY Inkling of an Option , you have to PAY through the nose for it !!! Come On , you have to admit , the F-Pace is basically a Terrible Piece of Crap on Wheels !!! Hope this helps you in figuring out why you don't SEE any !!! >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) Your Welcome Buddy !!! :)

P.S. I suspect I will be the ONLY one down here in the Cornfields of Whaleyville for quite awhile !!!
That's Fine By Me !!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have seen just 4 driving the roads of Southern California.

·
Registered
10 Posts
3 months and 5,000 miles have seen one in the Pittsburgh area and one outside of Tampa last month. I'm good with that....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Saw two this weekend visiting Seattle. Last night in University District after Huskies game saw a white Prestige and this morning around 11am leaving downtown southbound on I5 saw an S version. Beautiful red F Pace carving 5 lanes like a surfboard at about 80 mph.

Was cheering as wife told me to calm down. My excuse is build date is Nov 4 with January delivery.

Hat off to the Red F Pace

·
Registered
226 Posts
Seen two so far on the streets of Houston. One IRR a couple of weeks back and a ammonite grey Thursday morning.

·
Registered
310 Posts
In Toronto and region since I have mine in mid July have seen about 4 others. Interesting of the four saw two in one day about a week ago.

Have not seen another S Model or FE.

Not one yet spotted in my immediate neighbourhood but that will likely change soon. I was stopped in the morning two Fridays ago waiting for my wife to shop at the bakery around the corner from my house and an older gentleman and when I say old, I mean about 75, since I am according to most people a young looking, 64 came up to my vehicle. He was walking by, stopped and motioned me to roll down my window. He wanted to know if I liked the vehicle and how long I had it. He told he had one on order in Italian Racing Red. I told him the ride was rather stiff thinking at his age, he may not like the ride. He said no problem as his weekend car is an Austin Healey with a very stiff suspension. He told me he is presently driving an XJ but has had a number of SUVs in the past.

Now that is my kind of senior citizen!!!

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Hey torontoadvocate , "Bakery around the corner" ??? Now you are starting to bring tears to my eyes ! My Grandfather (on my father's side) opened his first Bakery in 1932 in Maryland , and then my Dad & Mom took over one of his places that was in Wheaton, MD , to which they built up into a thriving business for 10-15 years , but had to move to a Bigger Place to accommodate the people , so they moved 10-12 miles up the road to Aspen Hill, MD for the next 35-40 years ! I'm not talking about a "cupcake shop" , I'm talking *2000* Pumpkin Pies the day before Thanksgiving , 300-400 dozen donuts every Saturday morning , any given Saturday could have 15-20 Wedding Cakes ordered on top of 100-200 Birthday Cakes to be made ! We Busted our Backsides everyday , going in at midnight and going home (well, whenever we were done) ! My Father & I and Four other Bakers would go in to work 2-days before Thanksgiving and Christmas , and work 35-40 Hours straight through !!! It was an AWESOME site to behold !!! In case some of you were wondering why I may seem to lack Book Smarts , it's because my "Higher Education" was the "School of Hard-knocks", but I wouldn't trade it for anything !!! We closed the doors in 1999 , trying to get my Dad & Mom to Retire , plus my Wife and I wanted to move away from the Riff-Raff that the area had become ! Oh' well , Thanks for bringing back some Good Memories , with that one little sentence ! :)

Sorry to get "Off Topic" , but I couldn't resist ! If it helps , I still haven't seen another F-Pace since the last time I posted ! >:)

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Well, some of you have at least seen 1 or 2. I've never seen one. It's been 5 months and zippo.
Awwwwww , Come On Trek , you know deep down you really LOVE not seeing another one !!! Admit it !!! ;)

Reactions: IdahoF-Pace

·
Registered
545 Posts
Only saw one white one flying by me on 95 in Delaware. Have not seen one in the densely populated Philly or Bucks Cty areas. I keep looking!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Although there are a few MD based F-Pacers here, my 7 year old spotted a white 35t yesterday while we were biking - this would be the first we have spotted since August. The dealership tells me that they could not keep up with demand and now they have quite a few on the lot. But the F-types are flying off the lot?

1 - 20 of 381 Posts