Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S Pace came with the OEM Goodyear 20 Inch Tires.

They are W Speed rated which puts them in a high performance category and generally lower mileage.

I am a low mileage driver and still have plenty of tread left on them so I am just looking ahead.

Curious to hear from others who are higher mileage drivers, if they have replaced the OEM set of Goodyears because they wore out or are about to replace them because of wear, what is the mileage they got out of these tires.

I realize that driving styles and driving conditions will cause differences in the lifespan of any tire but if there are a number of responses, it should provide a good sample of real life driving mileage for these tires.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
While I can't answer your question directly, I can say from past experiences with other new vehicles, If you get 30K you have done well on most OEM tires. I've had a low of about 22k ( On Goodyear's, unfortunately !) Up to about 36K on others. Remember you are running on the most mass produced, lowest bid tires they can put on these vehicles. (At least for 20") Keep that in perspective and you won't be disappointed...

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm at 26k right now and if I remember I'll check my tread depth tonight. Snow performance was never great but is still OK at this mileage. They'll be junked by next fall as I'll be in the 40s by then.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Measured this finally. 26.3k miles and 2mm left on the center wear bar. Standard groves are at 4mm. I'm going to junk them once the center wear bar hits 1mm depth.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What would be the depth of the center wear bar when brand new?

Or to put it another way what amount of mileage do you think you have left before you junk the tires?

Also do you rotate the tires?

Is the wear consistent among all four?

Lastly have they been on since you took delivery or do you have winter tires as I have no idea where you are located?

I assume you are measuring in miles not kilometers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts