Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody looked into a source for black wheel nuts other than Jaguar?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gorilla !!!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which ones did you get?
I didn't get any yet. I'm waiting for my FP to arrive within the next couple of weeks, but I will be getting gorilla lug nuts and lock nuts. I'll update you when I decide. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Anybody looked into a source for black wheel nuts other than Jaguar?
Go to McGard.com.

Mc Gard is the OEM supplier of wheel lock sets at least in North America for Jaguar.

My tire dealer lost a key of one of the wheels from the wheel lock set that the dealer forced me to buy at an outrageous price and if you look at the kit McGard is the replacement source. The replacement key was $14.00.

On the McGard site they have all types of nuts and lock nuts.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go to McGard.com.

Mc Gard is the OEM supplier of wheel lock sets at least in North America for Jaguar.

My tire dealer lost a key of one of the wheels from the wheel lock set that the dealer forced me to buy at an outrageous price and if you look at the kit McGard is the replacement source. The replacement key was $14.00.

On the McGard site they have all types of nuts and lock nuts.
Thanks TO advocate, I have used McGard in the past with no issues. I'm looking to use a different product this time around.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is my first car with 22" wheels. I do have the Jaguar wheel locks installed. I am parking it at the airport for a few days and wonder if I should be worried about someone trying to steal the wheels? I thought that I should not leave the wheel lock key in the car, as they could break a window and grab it. Am I being paranoid?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is my first car with 22" wheels. I do have the Jaguar wheel locks installed. I am parking it at the airport for a few days and wonder if I should be worried about someone trying to steal the wheels? I thought that I should not leave the wheel lock key in the car, as they could break a window and grab it. Am I being paranoid?
Put the wheel lock in the back under the tray with the spare and the jack (where it belongs), and I would think you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks TO advocate, I have used McGard in the past with no issues. I'm looking to use a different product this time around.
I decided to buy a set of McGard and Gorilla locks, and decide which one I like the best.
As for black lug nuts, I have ordered a couple of Gorilla duplex shorts to try. Will advise once they are received.

Reactions: johnfpace

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm finding M14 x 1.5 on a couple wheel sizing sites.
That's the correct size. I already bought wheel nuts and locks in that size, and they all fit correctly. :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Do you remember if they were the short or tall version?
I found the perfect set for the OE black wheels. They are the short ones, Gorilla 61147BCX (set of 4)
The photos are before (silver lug nuts) and after (black lug nuts) . They fit like they were made for these wheels.
By the way I am using an OE locking lug on each wheel, so a set of 4 per wheel works out just right.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
181 Posts
Couldn't you use gorilla 96643bdx? They are the same size and style but are also locking? Btw they are no help when you call as they want to sell you mag style lug nuts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts