Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down car park ramp and scraped against the wall. Grey trim on rear wheel arch was scratched up. Polished off the paint marks but could still see scratches. I was told these are plastic pieces so i can't spray to repair the scratches.

Ordering replacement pieces.

Realised they are stuck on instead of bolted. Looks a bit like glued on.

Anyone replaced these before? What options do I have? Do they need to be peeled off and stuck on with tape or adhesive?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Yes, mine were pulled off when the PPF was put on my SVR. The Rear ones are double face taped on. You can put them on with a solid double face tape again something like Gorilla Glue tape or a 3m product should work perfectly fine. Make sure you clean the body and the part with good cleaner before applying. You'll want to remember where they were on the back though since they actually make the wheel opening a bit smaller in the way they are mounted. The fronts are held on with clips and such very different.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jaguar Singapore just quoted me a ridiculous amount to order the 3 pieces and 10 clips from UK. They insist that the clips are necessary as they will be removing the fender lining clips inside the wheel well when installing, and better to replace new clips as the old ones will become loose.

USD1032 for parts including freight and USD258 for labour.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Clips are only on the front though and I can confirm that they aren't easy to get reconnected correctly after the trim is removed from the front. I had to fiddle with mine a bit to finally get them to grab onto the trim completely. The rear though has no clips, it's all double faced tape.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure what clips they ordered. Anyway it's a little over hundred bucks. Hopefully if they don't use them, they won't charge me in the end. Waiting for the parts to arrive from UK now. Thanks for the advice, PA-FPace-F!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went down car park ramp and scraped against the wall. Grey trim on rear wheel arch was scratched up. Polished off the paint marks but could still see scratches. I was told these are plastic pieces so i can't spray to repair the scratches.

Ordering replacement pieces.

Realised they are stuck on instead of bolted. Looks a bit like glued on.

Anyone replaced these before? What options do I have? Do they need to be peeled off and stuck on with tape or adhesive?
Who told you you cannot paint those parts?

The paint is 'dorchester grey' matte single stage - and you absolutely can paint that. Get a quote from a body shop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who told you you cannot paint those parts?

The paint is 'dorchester grey' matte single stage - and you absolutely can paint that. Get a quote from a body shop.
Really? Oh man...

My regular paint shop told me he has very bad results painting such plastic parts and told me to just replace.

I already ordered the parts. Looks like I should have asked a few more paint shops

·
Registered
11 Posts
Really? Oh man...

My regular paint shop told me he has very bad results painting such plastic parts and told me to just replace.

I already ordered the parts. Looks like I should have asked a few more paint shops
It is very likely that the cost of painting would have rivalled the cost of the parts - but I know that the smallest part alone is about $130, and I'd guess the other one is about $150. I would think they're charging you about $500 total to fix this?

You get a dead nuts match by replacing, so it's not ridiculously off from their quote to paint I guess.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is very likely that the cost of painting would have rivalled the cost of the parts - but I know that the smallest part alone is about $130, and I'd guess the other one is about $150. I would think they're charging you about $500 total to fix this?

You get a dead nuts match by replacing, so it's not ridiculously off from their quote to paint I guess.
JLR is charging me USD1032 for parts including freight and USD258 for labour 🤦‍♂️

1 - 10 of 10 Posts