Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Minimal

Votes: 4 13.3%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have the ICTP Electronic Instrument Cluster - What theme do you use for everyday driving?

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
I switch frequently, but I like how the blue/red fills in behind the needles in Graphical. Don't care for minimal at all.

Also, Torchlight adds a nice touch.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
My wife likes minimal, I like technical or graphical.

We also use the flashlight effect on all of them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Technical, with Flashlight.
The Flashlight is a great idea. Its a double benefit of focusing your glance on what's actually important (current situation readout), and removing white light at night from your eye's field of vision, which reduces eyestrain. Every little bit counts.

I also set the left-hand panel to the clock. It looks elegant, and the additional info panel is redundant with the center screen.

Reactions: burke1510

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use graphical without flashlight and disable the street-sign recognition. (Speed limit and no-passing zone.)

Minimal is quite sexy, but I find myself moving back to graphical often.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I have NO Idea !!! I just hop in the car , and Drive !!!
I didn't even know these options existed !!!
I can't even imagine having to LUG around a "flashlight" to see the gauges !!! ;)
That's just Goofy !!! But , to each his own !!! :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
GR, I velcro taped my flashlight to the steering wheel. I can't see the gauges and turn at the same time! But the light is an LED so it matches the rest of the f-pace lighting :)

Sorry, back on topic, I've played with these settings a bit, I started with Technical used that for a long time but have settled on Graphical as my current trend. I played with the flashlight effect (real one), but didn't like that and minimal is just that, to minimal for me.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have tried them all of course, but kept coming back to Graphical and now that is my go to standard.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I dont understand minimal at all, that beautiful 12.3 inch TFT instrument cluster is going to waste with minimal. Im a fan of the other three but find myself using technical the most. On road-trips I often set it to full size map display.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Now more stuff I have to play with, I set it once and never twiddled with other options. Will have to do that.

I too use the full road map display on roads trips. Super useful on two lane winding country roads in the hinterlands when you're trying to figure out where the next passing zone will be so you can get past the giant camper lumbering along in front of you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Want more styles!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I too use the full road map display on roads trips. Super useful on two lane winding country roads in the hinterlands when you're trying to figure out where the next passing zone will be so you can get past the giant camper lumbering along in front of you.
Great idea. I have a winding 2 lane rural mountain road I travel on occasionally and that is a good use of the map on the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been using graphical with the flashlight effect. I think it looks the most modern and fits with the interior the best. I do wish they had a more options to play with and more configurations of the options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For the 2019 F-Pace the "themes" (journey, graphical, technical, minimal) in the digital instrument cluster seem to be missing? Anyone else notice this??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts