Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer mentioned to me that if you connect "too large" a music storage hard drive to the USB, it will be very slow to search for music.

He didn't mention an optimum size to me, so I was wondering how many GB people had successfully connected without this issue occurring?

Thanks.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Interesting.

I thought you could load up to 10GB into the actual storage of the car's system and not need the USB drive from there?

Apples to oranges, but I use an 8GB USB in my current Volvo, and it doesn't take too long to look through it at all, just a little bit of time to catalog it when I first start the car. And that Volvo system is NOT known to be the best in the business and is 5 years old. I have to think the Jaguar system would be a bit faster, if anything because the tech is newer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I put in a 32GB micro USB for my music. It works great.

·
Super Moderator
1,896 Posts
I use a 32 GB USB. The 10 GB of HD space takes way too long to load. It is much easier to load and configure the USB. There is a thread devoted to formatting a USB if you are interested.

USB Drives

·
Registered
19 Posts
I happened to have a 1TB USB drive lying around. I formatted it as per the owners manual. Works great most of the time. I have had a few instances where it was not recognized, but I think that had something to do with turning the car on and off again a few times in a short period of time.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was having trouble playing music through the USB. But, I then formatted the drive in my PC. Even though the drive already came in FAT32 format, I re-formatted it as FAT32 and then put the music back on it and it worked fine. It took a little bit for the car to recognize it, but it did eventually play where it was not even found before.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had problems with a 500gb Sandisk SSD earlier. When it was connected, the navigation unit wouldn't work. Dealer pinpointed the problem as a conflict with the SSD. Now, if I start the car before connecting the SSD everything works fine. If I start the car with the SSD connected, the navigation unit doesn't work until I unplug it and restart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts