Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Please reply with any issues that have come up after your F-Pace has reached 50,000 miles or so. Please include, the year of your F-Pace, trim, mileage and issue. I am hoping to see if there are any common failure points as these cars start to put on more mileage. My 2017 F-Pace 3.5t Prestige just reached 69,000 miles and developed a coolant leak from the water pump. I am also having the coolant outlet flange (plastic pipe) and one other plastic pipe replaced at the same time since the super charger will be removed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just about to hit the 50k mark. Very minor issues: Had the coolant outlet flange start to seep so it was replaced. And the rear floor panel handle broke. It was replaced under warranty with an updated and improved piece. BTW, took the advice and information provided by you great folks on the F-Pace Forum to disable the auto-stop function. Thank you, Much Better!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same vehicle as the OP. I smelled a little coolant the other day. Didn't see anything, and haven't smelled it since, but I'm sure it will be back. 61K miles. I'm new to the Jaguar world so it will be interesting to see the responses.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Please reply with any issues that have come up after your F-Pace has reached 50,000 miles or so. Please include, the year of your F-Pace, trim, mileage and issue. I am hoping to see if there are any common failure points as these cars start to put on more mileage. My 2017 F-Pace 3.5t Prestige just reached 69,000 miles and developed a coolant leak from the water pump. I am also having the coolant outlet flange (plastic pipe) and one other plastic pipe replaced at the same time since the super charger will be removed.

Thanks!
Hello SDH, sorry to hear about your coolant problem. If you do a search, you'll find there is already is a thread on high milage F-Pace issues. In that thread, I recently posted a pic of my odometer reading 100k miles! She continues to purr like a kitten!

Reactions: GRVR and PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
2018 R Sport 2,5D satin black 22´´double spoke wheels,full except configurable ambient lighting
25 Posts
Nearly exactly after 100000 kilometres my problems started: AD blue injector clogged, Adaptive dynamics modes not avaliable nearly every journey, was three times at dealer, now booked on feb. 02, thermostat failure, engine has only about 70 degrees celsius, EGR flow reduced, dealer is still investigating. But before I reached 100000 km, there was no problem...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Thanks!
2017 F-Pace with 37,800 miles. Had loss of radiator fluid, Jaguar pressure tested and found leaks at rear manifold pipe, front outlet pipes and water pump. Removed Supercharger, removed and replaced water pump and front outlet pipes, removed and replaced rear manifold pipe. Also had gas cap warning light, found small evap leak at DMTL pump, removed and replaced. 2 days after getting the car back, check engine light comes on and gas cap warning light occasionally came on. Back at the dealership. To be continued.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a F pace 2016 2.0 TDI. At 78.100 miles, yellow engine light came on. Loss of compression on cylinder 1 was measured and engine needed to be replaced..... It turned out the cylinder was oval.

·
Registered
69 Posts
2017 20.d
Had drivers seat bracket break. Seat was wobbly. They replaced the seat bracket. Apparently the weld was poor in the old one.
then at 59,000. I had the water pump issue. They replaced the pump, hoses, and temp sensor (Code P0128)
muffler bracket broke, they re-welded it.
Transmission was studdering. They did a TCM, transmission control module? update on it. fixed the issue.

Issues the dealer couldnt fix. loud popping noise from the roof going over bumps. A clinking sound from the tires, which is apparently the lugnuts sticking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 2.0D - my wife's car. The major issues have been fueling problems throughout ownership (diesel nozzle sometimes won't go into gas tank for no apparent reason); brakes went bad at 20k miles, blew up the turbo at 40k miles, a check engine light due to a coolant issue at 58k miles and was just towed to the dealership at 59,920 miles today for not being able to accelerate past 15 mph (thinking its related to the turbo.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
2017 2.0D - my wife's car. The major issues have been fueling problems throughout ownership (diesel nozzle sometimes won't go into gas tank for no apparent reason); brakes went bad at 20k miles, blew up the turbo at 40k miles, a check engine light due to a coolant issue at 58k miles and was just towed to the dealership at 59,920 miles today for not being able to accelerate past 15 mph (thinking its related to the turbo.
If the nozzle won’t go in, someone put an unleaded nozzle on the diesel pump. NOT a vehicle issue. I’ve had the same problem and it has nothing to do with the vehicle.

If your turbo went, were you doing the factory 16k-20k between oil changes? If so that could be directly related. Turbos are highly sensitive to bad lubrication and worn out oil. It’s their only method of cooling…..All passenger diesels should be changed at half the recommended mileage if you plan on keeping them. Cheap Insurance. We aren’t quite to your mileage yet but haven’t had a whimper of a problem with our 20D…

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Thanks!
2017 F-Pace S. 120,000 miles (90% highway) without any major issues! Still Humming along with plenty of pep and no suspension issues. Still leaning toward an EV next year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 Fpace with a low coolant warning light.
I purchased used and it is without warranty
I continue to refill reservoir with recommended coolant, has never run hot but continues to leak out. I cannot see the coolant leak nor evidence of a leak. The Dealer I purchased my Jaguar from will not touch this vehicle although when I purchased it they promised me they could repair it if anything went wrong!! Please help!! 110k miles and I love IT!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I continue to refill reservoir with recommended coolant, has never run hot but continues to leak out. I cannot see the coolant leak nor evidence of a leak. The Dealer I purchased my Jaguar from will not touch this vehicle although when I purchased it they promised me they could repair it if anything went wrong!! Please help!! 110k miles and I love IT!!
There have been several threads on this forum, regarding coolant leaks. Some have pinpointed specific defects and fixes. Recommend you use the "search" function of the forum here and then narrow down to any that might help to mirror your specific symptoms and where to investigate further (if you're prepared to look under the hood). Sorry to hear about your dealer's response. Was is a JLR dealer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
There have been several threads on this forum, regarding coolant leaks. Some have pinpointed specific defects and fixes. Recommend you use the "search" function of the forum here and then narrow down to any that might help to mirror your specific symptoms and where to investigate further (if you're prepared to look under the hood). Sorry to hear about your dealer's response. Was is a JLR dealer?
Ford dealership
Swainsboro GA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Marie,
I have a 2017 F-Pace S. 86k miles. Purchased used with 46k.
In the last 12 months had to have the upper coolant pipes replaced as well as a cylinder coil. After those services, low coolant message started. Had a pressure test done, no results. Just had to add a little coolant whenever the warning comes on. Today, after about 4 months of adding, I suddenly notice a steam trail behind me and low coolant and check engine come on so I immediately pull over. Engine never showed to be hot.
After I let it cool, I tried adding coolant in order to get home. Coolant poured to the ground as quickly as I poured in the reservoir. I just stopped and called a tow.
So after scouring the service manual for an hour I found the diagram and it appears that the thermostat housing split wide open. I will confirm today and take pics but whatever it is just split in half. I was just driving normal about 50 mph.
Anyway, I said all that to say your problem sounds just like mine had been for months. Get that thermostat checked out to see if it's cracking along the seam just like the upper cooling pipes did.
Why is there not a recall on these poor designs?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fast1, thank you for that. We had my wife's 19 2.0d (59k) towed in last night with no power and a loud "whirring" noise. It increased with engine revs but slowed at it's own pace. I think it might be the turbo but i don't know yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Thanks!
Same issue with 2017 FPace S at 77k miles. Now they are saying it needs a new engine after three attempts to fix.

2017 F-Pace with 37,800 miles. Had loss of radiator fluid, Jaguar pressure tested and found leaks at rear manifold pipe, front outlet pipes and water pump. Removed Supercharger, removed and replaced water pump and front outlet pipes, removed and replaced rear manifold pipe. Also had gas cap warning light, found small evap leak at DMTL pump, removed and replaced. 2 days after getting the car back, check engine light comes on and gas cap warning light occasionally came on. Back at the dealership. To be continued.
Same with coolant leak, two fixes, one thermostat and one pipes with supercharger removed. Now they are saying it needs a new motor. Also, my Infotainment went out at 62k mi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same - new engine 2-17 F-Pace due to untimely oil degradation- through normal driving JLR to pay 40% of $24k bill? No prior warning just limp mode then the damage was done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
59k miles. coolant light came on fpace S . took in to independent. they said whole system has leak and water pump bad. 3300 to repair. this should be a recall. whole system failed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts