Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m on a road trip and just noticed this icon appearing across the top of the ICT screen. I’m in a 2017 FPace, It’s a globe with a WiFi-like signal, just to the right of the battery icon for phone.
See image.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,253 Posts
I’m on a road trip and just noticed this icon appearing across the top of the ICT screen. I’m in a 2017 FPace, It’s a globe with a WiFi-like signal, just to the right of the battery icon for phone.
See image.

Thanks
Looks like a WiFi WAN icon. It’s showing Wi-Fi just not sure if it means internet or not.

DP

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently had a similar experience while on a road trip in the Outback I noticed the same icon appear on several occasions while in isolated areas. I looked through the manual but could not find a reference to its meaning. I hope somebody and help out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
As a telecom guy my guess is that your car connected to a cell tower operated by an obscure carrier (i.e., not AT&T, Verizon, etc) that sent you a non-standard network data status icon. Typically you’ll see 4G, 5G, 3G, Edge. I’ve never seen your globe w/WiFi icon in any official wireless industry documentation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts