Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2 Car icon seem to come and go? Could not find a reference in the manual. Anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
The 2 Car icon seem to come and go? Could not find a reference in the manual. Anyone?
It is seen on rural two lane highway separated by a yellow line. I see it when the lane are close to each other especially on no passing double yellow. Yes it is not in owners manual.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's to let you know not to change lanes. The implementation is a bit wonky, mine comes on all the time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks MYJAGUAR - you are right. Was able to find more on it after you mentioned it. It is a reference to a no passing zone. In the UK, the no passing zone sign on the side of the road is a Red Car on the left and Black Car on the right. Strange it is not in the manual but I guess a Stop Sign isn't either!

Reactions: myjaguar

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks MYJAGUAR - you are right. Was able to find more on it after you mentioned it. It is a reference to a no passing zone. In the UK, the no passing zone sign on the side of the road is a Red Car on the left and Black Car on the right. Strange it is not in the manual but I guess a Stop Sign isn't either!
You are welcome. Have a great day.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
It's to let you know not to change lanes. The implementation is a bit wonky, mine comes on all the time.
I've never noticed it! I live in a semi-rural area with mostly single-lane in each direction roads and have never noticed that icon. I suppose I only look at the Heads Up Display. What do you have to do to make that icon pop up?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe it pops up when it detects a double yellow line in the US. I have the electronic dash. Not sure if the feature is on all cars or just the electronic dash with the ICTP.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I've seen it, mostly on a road close to me three lanes wide. From the manual it states "Do not overatake." Ironically I mostly see it on multilane roads where I can overtake. :)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I always thought it was a notification ,
that I was getting ready to be passed by an *ITALIAN RACING RED F-PACE* !!! >:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts