1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dynamic-Normal-Eco
D-S

What is your favorite combo?
While Dynamic-S is certainly the most thrilling I find it a little jerky for all driving types. I like Dynamic-D.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Dynamic..for sure

Reactions: Jetman

·
Registered
286 Posts
I don't see much of a difference. But then I'm still breaking in

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I got back and forth between Dynamic and Normal and I also go back and forth between D and S while in those modes. S in Normal is where I normally drive when in normal mode, but S in Dynamic is a little to aggressive for me in normal day to day driving. When in Dynamic I stay in Drive or use the paddles in S and shift just a tiny bit earlier than the computer would. I also don't hold the gear as long as the computer wants due when you settle down to a normal speed.

There is another thread in the past on this, but so many new owners here I think it's worth repeating the same question to see what others are doing now.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I have been cruising around in ECO mode since I got mine, Yesterday I switched to Normal, and boy what a difference, so I think from now on I am going to be a normal person.:)
There is a HUGE difference between ECO and normal, it mainly being throttle response. You really have to get into the gas on ECO, not so much on normal though haha, just wait until you try out dynamic!

I mainly stick to dynamic no matter the setting, I will switch to normal and more often ECO if I have other people in the car and want to hold a conversation. I will also switch to ECO if I am on a road where I am able to coast, I find it really pumps up my MPG, whether it lies to me or not still makes me feel good to see it go up :laugh: haha

Reactions: tmoreno and Kubota

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dynamic - S, For those that drive in Eco, realize that it turns off many other features and adjusts the HVAC etc.

If i'm cruising down the highway I may drop it back into just Normal Drive.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Here are some of the changes in ECO Mode:

The possible automatic changes are as follows:

The heated seats are switched off.

The climate seats are switched off.

The heated steering wheel is switched off.

The heated windshield does not automatically switch on when the engine is started, if configured to switch on via the CLIMATE SETTINGS. See FRONT CLIMATE CONTROL.

The auto blower speed is set to low, if currently set to a high speed.

The audio volume may also be adjusted if it is currently set to a high volume.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
My favorite is Dynamic, however, I normally drive in Normal mode but need to spend some time in Eco. I'm averaging under 8mpg currently with my driving. :(

·
Registered
536 Posts
My favorite is Dynamic, however, I normally drive in Normal mode but need to spend some time in Eco. I'm averaging under 8mpg currently with my driving. :(
Wow! 8mpg. I thought I was bad averaging around 15mpg. I drive mainly in Normal-D but I will have to try some S driving to see the difference. I have enough trouble keeping my foot out of it in D so I imagine S is going to make it even tougher.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Here are some of the changes in ECO Mode:

The possible automatic changes are as follows:

The heated seats are switched off.

The climate seats are switched off.

The heated steering wheel is switched off.

The heated windshield does not automatically switch on when the engine is started, if configured to switch on via the CLIMATE SETTINGS. See FRONT CLIMATE CONTROL.

The auto blower speed is set to low, if currently set to a high speed.

The audio volume may also be adjusted if it is currently set to a high volume.

Is this in the owner's manual? When you say heated seats/climate seats are switched off, does that mean they are just adjusted to maximize fuel efficiency but can be turned back on (with some incremental mpg penalty), or are they entirely deactivated while in ECO mode. Living in Louisiana I don't have great need for heated seats, but sure looking forward to the cooled/ventilated seats.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That is directly from the owners manual. What I believe happens, is that if you have cooled seats on, when you put it in eco mode it will turn them off. As well as it will turn down the fan for the AC as well. I believe you can go back and turn each one back on manually though.

·
Registered
517 Posts
That is directly from the owners manual. What I believe happens, is that if you have cooled seats on, when you put it in eco mode it will turn them off. As well as it will turn down the fan for the AC as well. I believe you can go back and turn each one back on manually though.
Thanks, that makes sense and is how I'm hoping it works.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I'd like to add..but before I do, I feel it is necessary to caution *GR* to be sitting down, no, better yet be fully reclined, and have a fully charged AED Defibrillator standing by before I say what I'm about to say...

Ready?>:)

I actually drove around today with the car in ECO-MODE...And I was pleasantly surprised. The car behaves very well mannered with conservative acceleration and modest tempered cruising speeds in congested 40mph traffic..It is less aggressive but still commanding...I really did like the relaxed drive experience.

I may use this MODE more often in stop and go city street traffic...;)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I used Eco mode today as well running some errands after work. My vehicle calculated fuel mileage jumped from 7.8 to 12 mpg, so there's that...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts