Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lease figures

I just got an email from my dealer showing me my lease monthly payments using the current lease programs for the F-Pace. Of course there is the caveat that it could vary slightly when I actually get delivery of my car the end of July.

Here are the details:
Vehicle price: $58,035
Residual 59%, $32,240: that's pretty decent, right?
Money factor: .00136 (3.264%) - is that above or below average?
36 months
10k miles per year

If I put $5,000 down, my monthly payment would be $769.73 (not sure if I will put that much down or not).

That includes document fees, title and license and sales tax (8.15% in Nevada). Basically, my out the door price.

To all the lease experts out there - what do you think? Good deal? Bad deal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's listed at the bottom of all my email.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is NOT a good lease rate at all. Very high.

My current vehicle is a BMW X1 which had a MSRP of $38k, and my lease was $2800 given upfront (including taxes and fees) and $375 per month for 36 months/10k miles per year.

Before that I had a BMW X5 which had a MSRP of $54k, and my lease was $4k given upfront and $575 per month for 36 months/10k miles per year.

Those were fairly good lease rates, but I've seen even better. Take a look at Jaguar's website. The F-Type with a MSRP of $67k is being advertised for $5k due at inception and $699 per month. While that does not include taxes and fees, it is $70/month lower than your quoted rate and is for a vehicle that is $9k more expensive.

Unfortunately it seems like the lease rates on such a new vehicle are pretty poor. I plan to get mine at the end of the year, and if they are still so high then I will walk and get a different vehicle.

Just for comparison, for a Range Rover Evoque with a MSRP of $51k, I was quoted $3500 due at inception and $510 per month for 36 months/10 miles per year. I plan to price my F-Pace out to a very similar amount and I would expect the lease rate to be somewhat similar, perhaps a tiny bit higher. But if it is $100+/month more, then I will walk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Eric. Anyone else receive lease figures from their dealers?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received very rough figures pending the sticker price and tax calculations. With $5k down, my $52k-ish premium 35t was to be in the low 600s, for a 36 month lease and 12k year miles.

For those more familiar with leasing, is that bad?

·
Registered
50 Posts
My dealer (yesterday) says the lease rates are different for each level trim.

For a base 35T with an MSRP of $44800, at 10k miles for 36 mo, MF is .00261 and residual is 60%. With NC tax monthly payment is $630.

For Premium 35T with an MSRP of $47,645, at 10k miles for 36 mo, MF is .00164 and residual is 60%. With NC tax monthly payment is $623.

So, they're currently incentive the premium more than the base wherein the MF difference actually overcomes the premium paid for the Premium level trim.

Also, these are current generic numbers for the base and Premium gas version only. No numbers yet for diesel, and of course, even these are subject to change. He speculated that 60month financing would be at 1.9 - 2.5% APR.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The lease terms are simply okay; not good but not terrible. 59% residual is not "Best in Class" as we were promised, but rather comparable to other cars in the class. Keep in mind the same car with 12k or 15k allowance would be 1-2% less each level. So perhaps 55% for 15k miles; again comparable or slightly less than others in the class.

The money factor hurts a bit compared to other Jaguar models. I was quoted a .0002 (0.48% APR) rate on an XF, but that is not a new, highly sought after model. There is money to be made in leasing these vehicles, and Jaguar is going to take advantage of it.

If you wanted to share the value of all the other fees (acquisition fee, doc fee, registration, etc), I could give you a breakdown of how much of you payment is principal, interest, and tax.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My dealer (yesterday) says the lease rates are different for each level trim.

For a base 35T with an MSRP of $44800, at 10k miles for 36 mo, MF is .00261 and residual is 60%. With NC tax monthly payment is $630.

For Premium 35T with an MSRP of $47,645, at 10k miles for 36 mo, MF is .00164 and residual is 60%. With NC tax monthly payment is $623.

So, they're currently incentive the premium more than the base wherein the MF difference actually overcomes the premium paid for the Premium level trim.

Also, these are current generic numbers for the base and Premium gas version only. No numbers yet for diesel, and of course, even these are subject to change. He speculated that 60month financing would be at 1.9 - 2.5% APR.

hope that helps.
Wow, the money factor for the base 35t is outrageous!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Lease numbers on the payment estimator are looking better than last week.....good to know
Do you know if estimation on web site includes sales tax or not?
Why else it's asking for ZIP?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you know if estimation on web site includes sales tax or not?
Why else it's asking for ZIP?
Nope it does not include sales tax

From the website:

The Payment Calculator provides estimates only and excludes applicable taxes, title, registration, license, or other fees.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The lease terms are simply okay; not good but not terrible. 59% residual is not "Best in Class" as we were promised, but rather comparable to other cars in the class. Keep in mind the same car with 12k or 15k allowance would be 1-2% less each level. So perhaps 55% for 15k miles; again comparable or slightly less than others in the class.

The money factor hurts a bit compared to other Jaguar models. I was quoted a .0002 (0.48% APR) rate on an XF, but that is not a new, highly sought after model. There is money to be made in leasing these vehicles, and Jaguar is going to take advantage of it.

If you wanted to share the value of all the other fees (acquisition fee, doc fee, registration, etc), I could give you a breakdown of how much of you payment is principal, interest, and tax.
The quote I was given doesn't break down the doc fees, title, license and sales tax. However, when I run the basic numbers (MSRP, down payment, MF, sales tax and residual) through an online lease calculator, it comes up with a monthly payment of $693 which includes sales tax of 8.15% in Nevada. To get to my quoted monthly payment of $769.73 I have to rejigger the MSRP to $60,500, which would imply the doc fees, title and license add up to $2,500?

·
Registered
56 Posts
The quote I was given doesn't break down the doc fees, title, license and sales tax. However, when I run the basic numbers (MSRP, down payment, MF, sales tax and residual) through an online lease calculator, it comes up with a monthly payment of $693 which includes sales tax of 8.15% in Nevada. To get to my quoted monthly payment of $769.73 I have to rejigger the MSRP to $60,500, which would imply the doc fees, title and license add up to $2,500?
We also know based on the calculator that JLR Financial requires a $795 fee and a deposit. The rest a buy down?

"A security deposit and $795 Acquisition Fee is required on all lease transactions"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dealer says my S model (Dark Blue Sapphire, Brouge interior, 20" Blade Grey) has a 58% residual and a .00150 money factor for a 7500mi/36 month lease (very low mileage-hopefully only 1% higher for 10,000), equal to $759/month with $4999 down on a MSRP of $58,245. Will do my own calculations but I will pay cash with that interest rate and forgo the 1st month payment free offer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spoke with dealer today.. he said that he can't give me lease numbers right now because my vehicle is arriving in june so they only have numbers for may. In other words numbers change month to month.. 800 for a 54k car is not a good deal.. I might just go with the xc90 and consider an Fpace in a couple of years when maybe they upgrade the interior a bit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just noticed that Jaguar USA now has lease and finance offers for the XE. Based on the lease example the residual is 64%! Someone check my math on that please. Haven't tried to calculate the money factor yet. But they're financing at 1.9%.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am getting different money factor rates from two local dealers for my F-PACE S.

First dealer: 36 months/7500 miles (unusually low) = residual is 58% and money factor is .00150 or 3.60%

Second dealer: 36 months/10,000 miles = residual is 56% for 10000 miles and 55% for 12000 miles. The money factor for both is .00120 or 2.88%

1 - 20 of 85 Posts