Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching hitch options ever since we ordered our FP and regretted not getting the factory hitch. I was debating whether to: 1) buy the factory hitch and install it myself for around $600, or 2) buy the aftermarket hitch made by Curt and install it myself for around $140 (I mentioned in this thread: http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/jag...on-forum/17817-aftermarket-trailer-hitch.html).

Both options will still have the receiver hitch showing; with the factory hitch being a little more discrete and the Curt hitch sorely sticking out too far.

until...

I came across a company called Invisihitch (http://www.invisihitch.com). They make a really cool hitch (class III) that is completely hidden when not in use. I contacted them to find out if they made one for our F-Pace and was told no. I then asked what it would take for them to make these for our vehicle. Below is their answer:

"You are the very first request for this vehicle. We usually want to see some demand ( at least 5) before we proceed with the development. If we get enough requests we will initiate the design and we would need for someone locally to work with us on the fitment process."

So, would anyone be interested in this hitch? Anyone live around Suwanee, GA 30024 and willing to work with them during development? I don't know price yet, but I am guessing close to $1000 based on this thread where they developed these for a Volvo XC90 owner: Invisihitch installed on R-Design - lots of pictures here

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love the hitch but unfortunately I'm nowhere near Suwanee, GA. However, I'm going to email them and express my interest. Hopefully somebody will drop off their F-Pace soon so they can release a product by spring time.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Wow that is a great design and a very nice setup. I would be interested in the hitch if the price wasn't too high. I mainly use the hitch for my Bike Carrier and to two a light Quad trailer. This setup looks like it's perfect for that.

i don't live near Suwanee GA though, wonder how much work it is to set it up the first time. To be honest, I'd take a weekend or midweek road trip to get this setup installed.

I may call them Monday to see how long they need to car to get it setup.

If we can get 5 buyers I'd drive down there if it isn't anymore than a couple of days.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This is a WELL KNOWN and well respected vendor for BMW and other vehicles. I think that a large portion of their business is overseas. I live in Charlotte, NC but will likely buy my F-Pace with the OEM hitch so although I am not able to help with a vehicle, I can vouch for their products

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the hitch but unfortunately I'm nowhere near Suwanee, GA. However, I'm going to email them and express my interest. Hopefully somebody will drop off their F-Pace soon so they can release a product by spring time.
Great! Yes, please email them and let Steve (I think he's the owner) know you are interested in one for the F-Pace. That makes you #2 showing interest.

Wonder what the towing capacity is. I had a similar one on my Chevy ssr and it limited what it could tow.
This is from their website:
Our Invisihitch tow hitches are tested & approved to the same regulations applicable to all OEM hitches and all vehicle-manufacturer hitches. [See U.S. DOT/SAE J684, and European ECE regulations]. Please note that we supply hitches to some vehicle manufacturers and automotive dealers packaged in their brand-specific boxes as approved OEM equipment. There is no safer hitch on the market.
And this is from an Invisihitch owner on an X5:
Not an apples to apples comparison, but I towed 4500lbs with my X5 and Invisihitch without issue. In fact, it was much more pleasurable than towing the same load with the OEM Volvo hitch. Had the Invisihitch option been available 6 months ago I'd have no issue opting for it.

If you are interested in one for your FP, that makes #3.

Wow that is a great design and a very nice setup. I would be interested in the hitch if the price wasn't too high. I mainly use the hitch for my Bike Carrier and to two a light Quad trailer. This setup looks like it's perfect for that.

i don't live near Suwanee GA though, wonder how much work it is to set it up the first time. To be honest, I'd take a weekend or midweek road trip to get this setup installed.

I may call them Monday to see how long they need to car to get it setup.

If we can get 5 buyers I'd drive down there if it isn't anymore than a couple of days.
I plan to use mainly for bikes and ski/snowboard gear as well. From what I gather, this will be around $1000 with all the attachments, maybe less if we only need the 2" square receiver and opt out of the ball mount attachment.

you would be #4

This is a WELL KNOWN and well respected vendor for BMW and other vehicles. I think that a large portion of their business is overseas. I live in Charlotte, NC but will likely buy my F-Pace with the OEM hitch so although I am not able to help with a vehicle, I can vouch for their products
Nah you don't want to order with the OEM hitch. The OEM hitch will still be visible no matter what. You want the invisihitch... totally invisible! :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nah you don't want to order with the OEM hitch. The OEM hitch will still be visible no matter what. You want the invisihitch... totally invisible! :)
I am fine with the looks of the OEM hitch but if the price point for the 2" square receiver is around the same $600-$700 figure with all wiring would I consider this option.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Hey Dreman- I've been trying to message you- I still have my hitch available. Do you have someone local able to do install for you? You need one of these hitches- they're awesome!

Keep me posted!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I live about an hour from Suwanee. I don't want a hitch, but I could be persuaded to spend a Saturday morning at their shop for the good of the order. That assumes it's possible to work "on the fitment process" without actually acquiring a hitch.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live about an hour from Suwanee. I don't want a hitch, but I could be persuaded to spend a Saturday morning at their shop for the good of the order. That assumes it's possible to work "on the fitment process" without actually acquiring a hitch.
Thanks aquariumdrinker! If we reach critical mass for them to start production, we will definitely reach out to you. You probably won't be obligated in buying one but they will most likely be tearing into the rear of your car.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I am fine with the looks of the OEM hitch but if the price point for the 2" square receiver is around the same $600-$700 figure with all wiring would I consider this option.
I saw the OEM hitch installed on an FP last Sunday at the meet and greet in DE. It's a nice installation, not really that visible. You have to look for it. I'm glad I ordered it.

Reactions: P-a Hudon

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live about 5 miles from Suwanee. I am interested in adding a hitch so I have sent an email to them and let everyone know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I live about 5 miles from Suwanee. I am interested in adding a hitch so I have sent an email to them and let everyone know.
Awesome! Hopefully we will have the minimum needed for them to start developing it. Now I am torn with witch hitch to go with though. Go for the ultra-cheap CURT hitch... or go for the ultra-factory OEM Jaguar hitch... or go for the ultra-cool totally hidden, but totally expensive, hitch from Invisihitch. If they can get the price point for us to around $600 - $700, I would be in for sure!

·
Registered
8 Posts
UPDATE - I have received emails from Steve at Invisihitch. They are willing to develop a hitch and I am willing to let them use my Jarvis as the first. Timeline - site visit planned for 11/17; leaving Jarvis with them for a day around December 1st; 4-5 weeks build and then another day for attaching and testing; retail model would be available around March 1st, 2017. Too early for pricing. About 25% of their sales are DIY installs.

If you are interested, send an email to [email protected] to prompt their attention.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm very interested in learning more about this hitch install on the F-Pace. I need a hitch on mine. The OEM hitch is a $650 option when ordered. But the quote to add the OEM hitch is around $1750 in parts and labor...mostly parts!!! But that installation includes electronics and towing software. The link for the Volvo still required going to the dealer to get the towing software.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE - I have received emails from Steve at Invisihitch. They are willing to develop a hitch and I am willing to let them use my Jarvis as the first. Timeline - site visit planned for 11/17; leaving Jarvis with them for a day around December 1st; 4-5 weeks build and then another day for attaching and testing; retail model would be available around March 1st, 2017. Too early for pricing. About 25% of their sales are DIY installs.

If you are interested, send an email to [email protected] to prompt their attention.
Any new updates?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts