Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's be honest. The things we like about our F-Pace is too long a list to go into, but there are going to be a few things we dislike. What do you dislike about your F-Pace?

Here are the things I dislike:

1.The center armrest is leather/pleather covered but hard underneath. My 2008 Acura RDX has a full thick all leather center armrest. Ditto for my 2013 Lexus GS 350.
2.The center armrest compartment is tiny. Too tiny of my purposes. I have to stuff things into the glove compartment. I can get a laptop into my RDX center armrest compartment. And hair brush, 12v charger for my phone and radar detector, CD cases, tire air gauge, and more.
3. The center armrest does not lock! Again, an 8-year old Acura beats the F-Pace. I don't put my EZ_Pass in the glove compartment. I want it handier, like in the armrest compartment which should lockable so parking lot attendants (which you have to deal with in NYC) can't steal it.

Detect a theme here? The biggest flaw in my F-Pace (so far) is that **** center armrest and the micro-sized compartment underneath it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I dislike small gas tank. Even in XF it's bigger.
Yes, I agree. This is a concern for me as well. I don't want to constantly filling up or having to plan gas station stops on longer trips.

·
F Pace Expert
2,663 Posts
....or having to plan gas station stops on longer trips.
I think InControl plans your gas stops for you.

·
Registered
225 Posts
For the record, I was concerned about poor rear visibility, but I don't think its an issue thus far.

Nothing I hate so far, but why they **** didn't they swap the location of the seat memory panel and the window buttons. Still haven't gotten used to having reach up for the window controls and its such an unnatural place for it to be--I feel like i have alligator arms reach up for it.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've gotten used to the location of the window buttons, although the high window sill makes me feel like a little boy behind the wheel of daddy's car one day, and a very cool driver of an experimental vehicle the next day.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The rectangular plaque on grille for ACC models...

The clear rectangular plaque with Jaguar badge on the models with ACC is the one thing I REALLY don't like about the car. To the point where I won't order my S with it, unless the dealer can figure out a way to customize this. The 360 camera would be useful for me. ACC... not so much.

Other things:

I'm ordering with the Rhodium silver, and have been waffling back/forth on the Black Pack. I like the look without the black pack with Rhodium, but the rear- I wish could just get that light grey strip out of the mix, and have section around the exhaust all black.

Wheels: On the S, I wish there was more than one 20" to choose from. On the other trim levels, there are options.

Interior: On the S, no option for a light interior- just the black, and brogue. While the headliner has a light color option, it looks a little weird with either dark interior.

Seats: This is about a minor a nit as it gets, but I wish the rear passenger seats would lay completely flat (they tilt slightly). When going on remote trips (no hotels nearby), I like to take a thermarrest and crash out in back. This slight tilt isn't a deal breaker, but less than optimal. The Audi Q7 was what I had also looked at, and that laid perfectly flat.

None of above stopped me from ordering an S in Rhod. Have until the 6th to determine whether or not to get the Driver Assistance package. I'll strip it out if I can't sort the front badge issue, which is an obvious kluge, to me.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The clear rectangular plaque with Jaguar badge on the models with ACC is the one thing I REALLY don't like about the car. To the point where I won't order my S with it, unless the dealer can figure out a way to customize this. The 360 camera would be useful for me. ACC... not so much.

Other things:

I'm ordering with the Rhodium silver, and have been waffling back/forth on the Black Pack. I like the look without the black pack with Rhodium, but the rear- I wish could just get that light grey strip out of the mix, and have section around the exhaust all black.

Wheels: On the S, I wish there was more than one 20" to choose from. On the other trim levels, there are options.

Interior: On the S, no option for a light interior- just the black, and brogue. While the headliner has a light color option, it looks a little weird with either dark interior.

Seats: This is about a minor a nit as it gets, but I wish the rear passenger seats would lay completely flat (they tilt slightly). When going on remote trips (no hotels nearby), I like to take a thermarrest and crash out in back. This slight tilt isn't a deal breaker, but less than optimal. The Audi Q7 was what I had also looked at, and that laid perfectly flat.

None of above stopped me from ordering an S in Rhod. Have until the 6th to determine whether or not to get the Driver Assistance package. I'll strip it out if I can't sort the front badge issue, which is an obvious kluge, to me.
Your sig.... it's actually an 825 Meridian.:) I, too, disliked the idea of the ACC exterior piece until I actually saw it in person on an XJ in the dealer showroom. It's not nearly as awful looking as I thought from pics on the Internet. So once I got my car and saw it, I haven't been bothered by it at all. I wanted the ACC.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah the standard stereo isn't the best. Since both options were the same brand I was thinking it wouldn't be a big deal. I found myself having it at max volume the other day and it wasn't crazy. There is a subwoofer in it, right? Bass is lacking.

Sad to say my Fender stereo in my Jetta is a much better.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sad to say my Fender stereo in my Jetta is a much better.
Was the Fender stereo stock or an upgraded option? It looks like to reach their target sales goals, JLR had to downgrade a lot of the components in order to justify the low price point.

Anyway, I won't have my RS for another few weeks, but in case this thread makes it to the corporate executives here is my list of "missed opportunities":

1) tuck the rear wiper into the rear deflector for improved visibility

2) enable activity key access points to the actual door handles

3) incorporate configurable suspension air ride like Porsche, Audi, and Land Rover

4) replace leaper logo on steering wheel with growler (leaper already appears on infotainment and dashboard screens)

·
Registered
47 Posts
No space in armrest lid for cords
Wish there were more USB ports, like on the rear doors
****, while I'm at it, how about a built-in 120V outlet :)
Location of window controls
Cup holder cover!

·
Registered
10 Posts
1) no 4 exhaust pipe option
2) too many parts reminding me LR Evoque
3) no 21" wheel available (would have been ideal)
4) road noise inside the cabin

·
Registered
10 Posts
2) too many parts coming from LR

but very nice car !

·
Registered
11 Posts
2) too many parts coming from LR

but very nice car !
Almost all the reviews said there is little to no road noise in the cabin, is that not the case ???

·
Registered
102 Posts
A car of this size/price should have fixed brake calipers...at least the front. I also don't like that you can't get a chrome roof rail.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think road noise is very quiet.

And yes, the Fender stereo on my jetta was an factory upgrade option.

But you see a 11 speaker, 380w meridian system, that seems like not a "cheap" item so I just assumed the upgraded item would be overkill.

·
F Pace Expert
2,663 Posts
I agree the tilt when back seats folded down is sub-optimal. IF the dog is allowed in car that tilt isn't great. Connected to same issues is you can really put up a gate because of that.

1 - 20 of 386 Posts